IRC logs for #cip for Thursday, 2020-01-09

*** masashi910 has joined #cip00:14
*** masashi910 has quit IRC02:08
*** masashi910 has joined #cip03:43
*** szlin_ is now known as szlin05:12
*** rajm has joined #cip07:06
*** therisen has joined #cip07:34
*** kazu has joined #cip08:50
*** pave1 has joined #cip08:58
masashi910#startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting09:00
brlogger`Meeting started Thu Jan  9 09:00:00 2020 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is masashi910. Information about MeetBot at
brlogger`Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.09:00
brlogger`The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'09:00
*** brlogger` changes topic to " (Meeting topic: CIP IRC weekly meeting)"09:00
masashi910#topic rollcall09:00
*** brlogger` changes topic to "rollcall (Meeting topic: CIP IRC weekly meeting)"09:00
masashi910please say hi if you're around09:00
masashi910#topic AI review09:01
*** brlogger` changes topic to "AI review (Meeting topic: CIP IRC weekly meeting)"09:01
masashi9101. Test LTS (pre)releases directly - patersonc09:01
patersoncAll sorted now. Please close this action.09:01
masashi910patersonc: sure! thanks very much!09:01
masashi9102. Create a way/process to run LTP only for release tests - patersonc09:02
patersoncAll sorted now. Please close this action.09:02
masashi910patersonc: Thanks!09:02
masashi9103. Combine rootfilesystem with kselftest binary - Iwamatsu-san09:02
iwamatsuno update about this.09:02
*** fujita3 has joined #cip09:02
masashi910iwamatsu: Thanks for your report!09:03
masashi9104. Document a process on how to add tests to the CIP test setup - patersonc09:03
patersoncNo progress09:03
masashi910patersonc: sure! thanks!09:03
masashi9105. Arrangement of F2F Kernel Meeting in Nurnberg - masashi91009:04
masashi910So far, Chris-san, Iwamatsu-san,  SZ-san, and Chen-Yu-san responded.09:04
masashi910I keep this doodle poll open for a while, so, please fill your preference.09:04
masashi9106. Add config for qemux86-64 and BBB to both 4.4 and 4.19 - Iwamatsu-san09:04
iwamatsuabout x86, I send MR (
masashi910iwamatsu: Thanks!09:05
masashi910iwamatsu: Could you advise me to whom I should ask for BBB?09:05
iwamatsuand about BBB I asked to Jan about this and waiting reply from him.09:05
masashi910iwamatsu: I see. Thanks very much! Can I keep this AI open?09:06
iwamatsuJan seems to send config.09:06
masashi910iwamatsu: You mean, this AI is done?09:07
iwamatsuNo, please keep this A.I.09:08
masashi910iwamatsu: Sure. Thanks for working on this!09:08
masashi910#topic kernel maintenance updates09:08
*** brlogger` changes topic to "kernel maintenance updates (Meeting topic: CIP IRC weekly meeting)"09:08
pave1I did reviews on 4.19.92, 93, 94.09:08
iwamatsuI reviewed
pave1I started pushing -rt to newer versions, but that may need to be redone due to differences between -cip and -cip-rebase.09:09
masashi910pave1, iwamatsu: Thanks for your works!09:10
iwamatsuAnd sorry about merge conflicts on 4.19.y-cip and -rebase. Thanks pavel.09:10
pave1iwamatsu: No problem :-).09:11
szlinI sent the MR in kernel-sec. So does wens.09:11
wensSZ and I both worked on cip-kernel-sec (a bit of duplicate work). summary of new CVEs from me:
masashi910szlin, wens: Thanks for your works!09:12
masashi910Any other topics?09:12
masashi910#topic Kernel testing09:13
*** brlogger` changes topic to "Kernel testing (Meeting topic: CIP IRC weekly meeting)"09:13
masashi910patersonc: the floor is yours09:13
patersonc#info Added a second RZ/G2M (hihope-rzg2m) platform to lab-cip-renesas.09:13
patersoncSo now there are two. This should speed up testing a bit.09:13
patersonc#info Stable release candidate testing process is finalised and has been moved to the cip-testing project.09:13
patersonc#info Builds/tests now being done on the linux-v4.19.y-cip and linux-v4.19.y stable-rc branches for both Siemens boards in lab-cip-mentor.09:13
patersonc#info LTP tests are now being run during ‘release testing’ (branches ending with “-rc”).09:13
patersonc#info Wiki updated for all of the above.09:13
patersonc#info Send MR to cip-kernel-config to update the devices table in the readme.09:13
patersoncAny queries/requests?09:14
szlinpatersonc: nice!09:14
masashi910patersonc: from me, no questions. Thanks for your great progress!09:14
* patersonc puts down mic09:15
masashi910Any questions to Chris-san?09:15
masashi910#topic CIP Core09:15
*** brlogger` changes topic to "CIP Core (Meeting topic: CIP IRC weekly meeting)"09:15
masashi910kazu: the floor is yours09:15
kazu1. Updating PDP (3.0) and the support scripts (90%)09:15
kazuIt will be available in today, then start to create the new proposal for security WG based on this09:16
kazu2. Review for PDP 3.0 (in cip-dev)09:16
kazuIf no other opinions about this now, I would like to finish this review now09:16
kazu3. Review for PDP 3.0 (in cip-dev)09:16
kazu3. Supporting cip-kernel-config09:17
kazuIn generic profile, the patches almost created (under reviewed)09:17
kazuIn tiny profile, I met another issue about kas-docker related things, so still WIP09:17
kazuThat's all from me09:17
masashi910kazu: thank you for your works!09:18
masashi910so, " 2. Review for PDP 3.0 (in cip-dev)" if no objection in this IRC, then it is concluded. Is it OK everyone?09:19
masashi910Ok, great!09:20
masashi910any other topics?09:20
masashi910#topic Software update09:20
*** brlogger` changes topic to "Software update (Meeting topic: CIP IRC weekly meeting)"09:20
patersoncQuirin has started looking into automated testing for isar-cip-core. Is anyone doing the same for deby? Please let me know if you need any assistance.09:20
masashi910Quote from Suzuki-san "SW Updates WG doesn't have updates in this week."09:21
kazupatersonc AFAIK, no one doing for deby09:21
kazuIs it automated testing for software update?09:22
patersoncThanks kazu09:22
masashi910patersonc: thanks for your information.09:22
masashi910any other topics?09:22
masashi910#topic AOB09:23
*** brlogger` changes topic to "AOB (Meeting topic: CIP IRC weekly meeting)"09:23
masashi910Are there any business matters to discuss?09:23
brlogger`Meeting ended Thu Jan  9 09:24:17 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)09:24
brlogger`Minutes (text):
*** brlogger` changes topic to "Civil Infrastructure Platform Project. Find the logs at"09:24
szlinthank you, kudo-san!09:24
masashi910Thanks very much! See you next week!09:24
pave1Thank you!09:24
iwamatsuthank you.09:24
kazupatersonc Can we find the Quirin's activities somewhere?09:24
patersoncWe've just been emailing privately09:25
wensthank you!09:25
kazupatersonc OK :)09:25
patersoncHe's only just starting to look into it.09:25
kazuThank you for the information09:25
*** fujita3 has quit IRC09:34
*** kazu has quit IRC09:46
*** masashi910 has quit IRC09:56
*** pave1 has quit IRC10:39
*** therisen has quit IRC16:15
*** bwh has joined #cip17:47
*** masashi910 has joined #cip22:31
*** rajm has quit IRC22:57

Generated by 2.15.3 by Marius Gedminas - find it at!