13:00:48 <jki> #startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting
13:00:48 <brlogger`> Meeting started Thu Nov 18 13:00:48 2021 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is jki. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:00:48 <brlogger`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:00:48 <brlogger`> The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'
13:00:51 <jki> hi everyone!
13:01:05 <patersonc[m]> Afternoon
13:01:08 <uli> hello
13:01:08 <masami> Hi
13:01:09 <pave1> hi
13:01:53 <alicefm> Hi
13:03:28 <jki> so, let's get started
13:03:35 <jki> #topic AI review
13:03:41 <jki> 1. Combine root filesystem with kselftest binary - iwamatsu & alicef
13:04:24 <jki> alicefm: thanks for sending the patches!
13:04:47 <jki> i think i only had minor remarks on the structuring
13:05:07 <alicefm> Yes I’m rebasing and I will send again
13:06:52 <jki> what will be needed to kick off kselftest?
13:07:44 <alicefm> I’m currently working with gtucker for the kselftest pull request
13:08:45 <jki> ok
13:09:05 <alicefm> And recently we got Patersonc pull request merged https://github.com/kernelci/kernelci-core/pull/783
13:11:10 <alicefm> That is enabling lab cip to execute more test case
13:11:31 <patersonc[m]> alicef: Thanks for your help getting it over the line
13:11:50 <alicefm> np
13:12:41 <jki> anything else for this AI?
13:13:22 <jki> 2. Look into S3 artifact upload issues - patersonc
13:14:04 <patersonc[m]> No updates
13:14:39 <jki> ok, any other AIs I missed?
13:15:00 <jki> 3
13:15:02 <jki> 2
13:15:05 <jki> 1
13:15:06 <jki> #topic Kernel maintenance updates
13:15:43 <pave1> I was reviewing 5.10.79 and am now reviewing 5.10.80
13:15:48 <uli> now reviewing 5.10.80
13:15:49 <masami> There is 2 new CVEs in this week.  Patches are available but they haven't been merged into the mainline yet.
13:16:31 <pave1> Yup. And in general news, rowhammer is back with new variant
13:16:40 <pave1> and new CVE.
13:17:21 <jki> yeah, but no more fixes for rowhammer...
13:19:47 <jki> anything else here?
13:20:06 <patersonc[m]> o/
13:20:27 <patersonc[m]> I picked up a task to enable WiFI configs for the RZ/G2M platform
13:20:41 <patersonc[m]> How does CIP want to handle the firmware?
13:20:58 <patersonc[m]> Include it in the filesystem? Or build it into the Kernel?
13:22:50 <jki> what speaks against filesystem?
13:23:21 <jki> is it part of linux-firmware?
13:23:33 <patersonc[m]> yes, part of linux-firmware
13:23:56 <patersonc[m]> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/tree/ti-connectivity/wl18xx-fw-4.bin
13:24:03 <jki> debian-packaged then, I assume
13:24:50 <patersonc[m]> no objections to including it in isar-cip-core then?
13:24:57 <patersonc[m]> Do we have connman in cip-core?
13:25:31 <jki> seems it's not packaged by bullseye, or I'm missing it ATM
13:25:39 <jki> https://packages.debian.org/source/bullseye/firmware-nonfree
13:26:14 <jki> we can write a recipe for pulling the binaries and making a debian package when it's currently missing
13:26:33 <jki> maybe also file a bug or packaging request with Debian if so
13:27:59 <jki> but there is https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/conman at least - why?
13:28:43 <jki> no, https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/connman
13:28:50 <patersonc[m]> Don't we need a network manager of some sort to actually use/test the WiFi?
13:29:18 <pave1> not really
13:29:25 <jki> iw tools, ifupdown would work as well
13:29:46 <jki> we likely only need to run a scan and check if it's non-empty
13:29:47 <patersonc[m]> Okay
13:30:00 <jki> provided there some AP around the lab at least
13:30:09 <jki> and not too much metal...
13:31:04 <patersonc[m]> Okay
13:31:23 <pave1> unencrypted wifi can be setup using iwconfig
13:31:54 <jki> encrypted only required wpa_supplication in addition
13:32:24 <jki> but the question is what we want to test under that "basic testing" promise
13:33:40 <patersonc[m]> Just running a scan would be the easiest choice
13:33:41 <pave1> Doing scan is already big improvement over current situation.
13:34:08 <jki> then let's start like this, I would say
13:34:11 <patersonc[m]> I can get a wifi network set up at lab-cip-renesas for testing if we really want
13:34:45 <patersonc[m]> Would just mean a lot of arguing with IT
13:35:20 <jki> :)
13:35:51 <prabhakarlad> we can have one board setup as an AP instead?
13:36:00 <pave1> patersonc: for testing, ap not connected anywhere would be enough
13:36:29 <pave1> we could try to connect to its web server.
13:36:35 <patersonc[m]> prabhakarlad: It's possible. LAVA even supports multiple boards for testing.
13:36:52 <pave1> that should not be too scary for IT
13:37:53 <patersonc[m]> You'd be surprised ;)
13:37:56 <jki> less scary than asking to let the devices join the corporate wifi ;)
13:38:34 <patersonc[m]> Anyhow, let's park this discussion for now. I'll investigate
13:38:45 <jki> ok
13:38:52 <jki> TIA!
13:39:13 <jki> to the topic we already touched:
13:39:16 <jki> #topic Kernel testing
13:39:55 <patersonc[m]> :)
13:40:31 <jki> FYI: Quirin is currently exploring how to improve automated RT testing, also for cip-rt
13:40:34 <jki> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-rt-users/20211112143020.ci72q3yfamjx6pgt@linutronix.de/T/#t
13:41:04 <patersonc[m]> Yea not much to add really. Other then I really meant to get around to the CI issues this week. So far have failed, sorry
13:41:34 <patersonc[m]> Awesome
13:41:59 <alicefm> KernelCI is working on adding rt testing also to cip
13:42:13 <jki> any pointer on that?
13:42:24 <jki> would forward right away
13:42:47 <alicefm> I open a issue on that not yet a pull request
13:42:58 <alicefm> But working on that
13:43:18 <patersonc[m]> https://github.com/kernelci/kernelci-core/issues/474
13:43:23 <patersonc[m]> https://github.com/kernelci/kernelci-core/issues/800
13:43:44 <jki> thanks, just found as well
13:44:27 <alicefm> Veremitz is sometime helping out with Gentoo and gkernelci
13:44:42 <alicefm> Mjeveritt
13:45:13 <alicefm> He also was interested in rt testing
13:46:13 <jki> maybe you can connect them?
13:46:38 <jki> unless he's already active in one of the issues
13:47:13 <alicefm> He already commented on the issue
13:47:24 <jki> perfect
13:48:17 <jki> anything else?
13:48:40 <jki> 3
13:48:43 <jki> 2
13:48:44 <jki> 1
13:48:46 <jki> #topic AOB
13:49:00 <jki> who has any?
13:49:21 <patersonc[m]> alicef: Are you aware of the "extended CIP TSC" coming up?
13:49:43 <alicefm> Extended?
13:49:58 <patersonc[m]> Long meeting :P It's what we used to do face to face at conferences
13:50:15 <alicefm> No I didn’t know
13:50:31 <alicefm> Is my presence needed?
13:50:51 <patersonc[m]> It may be good if you could attend, given that you do most of the testing work
13:50:54 <patersonc[m]> Up to you
13:51:10 <patersonc[m]> It's on the 26th Nov
13:51:33 <alicefm> Ok I will look if I can join
13:51:46 <alicefm> Thanks
13:52:23 <patersonc[m]> Thank you
13:52:26 <patersonc[m]> I'll get an invite sent
13:54:13 <jki> good point, I think I had to draft my own blocker as well...
13:55:16 <jki> anything else?
13:56:05 <jki> 3
13:56:07 <jki> 2
13:56:09 <jki> 1
13:56:12 <jki> #endmeeting