13:00:01 <masashi910> #startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting
13:00:01 <brlogger_> Meeting started Thu Aug 26 13:00:01 2021 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is masashi910. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:00:01 <brlogger_> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:00:01 <brlogger_> The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'
13:00:03 <masashi910> #topic rollcall
13:00:11 <pavel> hi
13:00:11 <masashi910> please say hi if you're around
13:00:25 <masami> hi
13:00:30 <josiah|2> Hi
13:00:36 <patersonc[m]> hi
13:01:01 <masashi910> Let's get started.
13:01:07 <masashi910> #topic AI review
13:01:13 <masashi910> 1. Combine root filesystem with kselftest binary - iwamatsu & alicef
13:01:21 <iwamatsu> hi
13:01:24 <iwamatsu> no update
13:01:39 <masashi910> iwamatsu: Noted. Thanks.
13:01:40 <alicef> hi
13:01:59 <masashi910> alicef: Hi, do you have updates?
13:02:54 <masashi910> We are checking AI#1: Combine root filesystem with kselftest binary - iwamatsu & alicef
13:03:27 <alicef> no I currently don't
13:03:44 <masashi910> alicef: Sure, thanks.
13:03:52 <masashi910> 2. Do some experiment to lower burdens on CI - patersonc
13:04:06 <patersonc[m]> No updates
13:04:21 <masashi910> patersonc[m]: Ok, thanks.
13:04:26 <masashi910> any other topics?
13:04:33 <masashi910> 3
13:04:37 <masashi910> 2
13:04:40 <masashi910> 1
13:04:41 <masashi910> #topic Kernel maintenance updates
13:04:54 <pavel> I have reviewed 5.10.61.
13:05:10 <pavel> And did some research on CVE-2021-36\
13:05:12 <pavel> 00:
13:05:15 <pavel> (bpf)
13:06:02 <iwamatsu> I revewed 4.4.282-rc , and reviewing  5.10.61-rc
13:06:24 <masami> This week 2 new CVEs and no updated CVEs.
13:06:35 <masami> CVE-2020-3702: mainline is fixed
13:06:40 <masami> CVE-2021-3732: mainline and stable kernels are fixed
13:06:56 <masami> that's all
13:06:59 <masami> pavel: I'll keep track of CVE-2021-3600
13:07:14 <pavel> I guess maybe we should talk about CVE-2021-3600.
13:07:27 <pavel> It is BPF in 4.19... and it is pretty much unfixable
13:07:48 <pavel> It is also quite high severity.
13:08:13 <pavel> Could we ask companies if they are using BPF / planning to use BPF in their products
13:08:20 <pavel> ...and adjust the configs appropriately if not?
13:09:10 <masashi910> pavel: Sure, shall I ask cip member companies?
13:09:51 <pavel> Affected configs are siemens_imx6, plathome_obsvx2, siemens_iot2000, toshiba_atom_baytrail AFAICT.
13:10:17 <pavel> Issue at hand is v4.19, but if we can get rid of BPF everywhere, it will not be bad result.
13:10:59 <pavel> masashi910: Yes, that would be nice.
13:11:14 <masashi910> pavel: Sure.
13:11:18 <pavel> Thank you!
13:11:26 <masashi910> pavel, iwamatsu, masami: Thanks for your updates.
13:11:35 <masashi910> any other topics?
13:11:46 <masashi910> 3
13:11:50 <masashi910> 2
13:11:55 <masashi910> 1
13:11:57 <masashi910> #topic Kernel testing
13:12:05 <patersonc[m]> Hello
13:12:28 <patersonc[m]> The LAVA server ran out of storage last week. But started working fine when I deleted some older backups
13:12:46 <patersonc[m]> I've also pruned the database now so it's a lot smaller
13:12:53 <patersonc[m]> So backups will be faster and smaller etc.
13:13:12 <patersonc[m]> I'm not sure if CIP have a requirement to keep test job logs forever?
13:13:26 <patersonc[m]> Does anyone here have a preference/requirement?
13:13:51 <pavel> Forever is an ugly word :-).
13:13:57 <alicef> should at least have more space as we are adding more testing framework from kernelci
13:14:14 <pavel> It may make sense to keep _some_ old logs.
13:14:28 <patersonc[m]> For kernelCI jobs I culled all jobs older than 1 month
13:14:39 <patersonc[m]> For CIP I culled all jobs older than a year
13:15:16 <alicef> sounds good for me
13:15:31 <patersonc[m]> Perhaps this is a Q for the mailing list
13:15:51 <alicef> sure
13:15:54 <pavel> It would not be bad to keep old logs from some "significant" releases or something...
13:16:25 <patersonc[m]> pavel: May be a plan. Harder to maintain though. I'm not sure how flexible the tooling is, but I can take a look
13:16:28 <alicef> is difficult to define "significant"
13:16:47 <pavel> Yes... and I guess theoretically we can re-run the testing.
13:17:01 <pavel> But if some board goes flakey or something, old logs might beuseful.
13:17:10 <pavel> Keep randomly one in 10 old logs?
13:17:34 <patersonc[m]> alicef: Do you know if kernelci.org downloads a copy of the logs? Or does it just link to them in LAVA?
13:17:53 <alicef> yes I was wondering same
13:18:31 <patersonc[m]> If KernelCI keeps a copy of the logs, when CIP migrates to using KernelCI we won't have much need to keep them in LAVA long term
13:18:47 <patersonc[m]> Anyway, I'll take an action to investigate
13:18:50 <alicef> looks like it keeps a copy for few days
13:19:51 <patersonc[m]> Okay. Not so great
13:19:54 <alicef> rockchip was failing here https://staging.kernelci.org/test/job/cip/branch/linux-4.19.y-cip/kernel/v4.19.196-cip53/plan/baseline/
13:20:03 <alicef> but we have no more logs
13:20:16 <alicef> https://storage.staging.kernelci.org/cip/linux-4.19.y-cip/v4.19.196-cip53/arm/multi_v7_defconfig+CONFIG_SMP=n/gcc-8/lab-collabora/baseline-rk3288-veyron-jaq.txt
13:20:52 <alicef> or could be that just failed and didn't copy anything
13:21:09 <alicef> but I don't think keeps much of a backhistory
13:21:22 <patersonc[m]> alicef: Maybe staging behaves differently?
13:22:03 <alicef> https://storage.kernelci.org/cip/linux-4.19.y-cip/v4.19.198-cip54/x86_64/allnoconfig/gcc-8/logs/
13:22:12 <alicef> is anyway just keeping last logs
13:22:26 <alicef> https://storage.kernelci.org/cip/
13:22:48 <alicef> but looks like each version have is own logs
13:23:27 <patersonc[m]> Let's take this topic outside of this meeting?
13:23:34 <alicef> but still there are not all the logs
13:23:45 <alicef> yes is something to look into
13:23:46 <masashi910> patersonc[m], alicef: Could you just make sure the log status in kernelci? Could it be an AI?
13:24:05 <alicef> AI ?
13:24:11 <masashi910> action item
13:24:34 <alicef> I think we will discuss thins outside the meeting
13:25:07 <masashi910> yes, and what I am asking is to report the result at some IRC meeting.
13:26:06 <alicef> yes but we can use this space
13:26:18 <alicef> we don't need a AI i think
13:26:31 <masashi910> alicef: Ok.
13:26:54 <masashi910> so thanks very much for these discussions.
13:27:01 <masashi910> are there any other topics?
13:27:18 <alicef> I'm instead working on using isar cip core on the kernelci builds
13:27:42 <alicef> but still need some changes for make it usable
13:28:41 <masashi910> alicef: Thanks for your works.
13:28:48 <masashi910> any other topics?
13:29:13 <masashi910> 3
13:29:17 <masashi910> 2
13:29:20 <masashi910> 1
13:29:23 <masashi910> #topic AOB
13:29:31 <masashi910> I have one topic.
13:29:40 <masashi910> This is the last IRC meeting I chair, because the kernel chair will be switched to Jan-san on September 1st (Wed). After that, Jan-san will host meetings.
13:29:47 <masashi910> I want to thank all for helping me to serve as the kernel chair for almost two years.
13:30:00 <masashi910> Are there any business to discuss?
13:30:04 <pavel> Thank you for all the good work!
13:30:05 <patersonc[m]> Thank you for all of your work Kudo-san!
13:30:24 <iwamatsu> Thank you for all your work!
13:30:27 <masami> masashi910: Thank your for your work!
13:30:34 <alicef> Thanks you
13:30:45 <masashi910> Thanks for saying so, all!
13:31:03 <masashi910> 5
13:31:08 <masashi910> 4
13:31:13 <masashi910> 3
13:31:17 <masashi910> 2
13:31:21 <masashi910> 1
13:31:23 <masashi910> Let's close today's meeting.
13:31:30 <masashi910> #endmeeting