09:00:00 <masashi910> #startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting
09:00:00 <brlogger> Meeting started Thu Aug 12 09:00:00 2021 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is masashi910. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
09:00:00 <brlogger> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
09:00:00 <brlogger> The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'
09:00:03 <masashi910> #topic rollcall
09:00:09 <masashi910> please say hi if you're around
09:00:22 <masami> hi
09:00:51 <patersonc[m]> hi
09:00:51 <pavel> hi
09:00:54 <uli> hi
09:00:59 <iwamatsu> hi
09:01:00 <masashi910> Let's get started.
09:01:06 <masashi910> #topic AI review
09:01:13 <masashi910> 1. Combine root filesystem with kselftest binary - iwamatsu & alicef
09:01:41 <masashi910> iwamatsu, alicef: do you have updates?
09:01:56 <iwamatsu> No comment from me.
09:02:10 <masashi910> iwamatsu: Noted. Thanks.
09:02:16 <masashi910> Let's move on.
09:02:23 <masashi910> 2. Do some experiment to lower burdens on CI - patersonc[m]
09:02:56 <masashi910> patersonc[m]: do you have any updates?
09:03:05 <patersonc[m]> nope
09:03:16 <masashi910> patersonc[m]: Sure. Thanks.
09:03:30 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:03:33 <masashi910> 3
09:03:37 <masashi910> 2
09:03:41 <masashi910> 1
09:03:43 <masashi910> #topic Kernel maintenance updates
09:04:15 <pavel> I have reviewed patches queued for 5.10.57 and 58.
09:04:37 <iwamatsu> I reviewed 4.4.279 and 280
09:04:57 <masami> I have this week's cve summary
09:05:28 <masashi910> masami: please go ahead.
09:05:32 <masami> okay
09:05:41 <masami> There is 15 new CVEs and no updated CVEs.
09:05:47 <iwamatsu> and I send a patch for 4.19.y-rc. it was fixing build fail issue.
09:06:01 <masami> CVE-2021-3635: There is no detailed information as of 2021/08/12. I'll track it.
09:06:10 <masami> CVE-2021-38160: mainline and stable kernels are fixed.
09:06:17 <masami> CVE-2021-38166: Fixed in bfp tree. Not fixed in mainline as of 2021/08/12. I'll track it.
09:06:24 <masami> CVE-2021-38198: mainline and v5.10 are fixed as of 2021/08/12
09:06:31 <masami> CVE-2021-38199: mainline, v4.19, and v5.X kernels are fixed. This CVE introduced by commit 5c6e5b6 which is in since v4.8-rc1
09:06:37 <masami> CVE-2021-38200: This CVE only affects PowerPC architecture
09:06:44 <masami> CVE-2021-38201: This CVE is introduced since v5.11-rc1 so before 5.11 kernels aren't affected
09:06:48 <masami> CVE-2021-38202: This CVE is introduced since v5.13-rc1 so before 5.13 kernels aren't affected
09:06:55 <masami> CVE-2021-38203: This CVE is introduced since v5.13-rc1 so before 5.13 kernels aren't affected
09:07:00 <masami> CVE-2021-38204: mainline and stable kernels are fixed
09:07:05 <masami> CVE-2021-38205: mainline is fixed as of 2021/08/12
09:07:11 <masami> CVE-2021-38206: mainline and 5.10 are fixed. This CVE affects since v5.9
09:07:17 <masami> CVE-2021-38207: mainline and 5.10 are fixed. This CVE affects since v5.6-rc4
09:07:22 <masami> CVE-2021-38208: mainline and stable kernels are fixed as of 2021/08/21
09:07:28 <masami> CVE-2021-38209: mainline and 5.10 are fixed. This CVE is introduced since 5.7-rc1 so before 5.7 kernels aren't affected this CVE.
09:07:33 <masami> that's all
09:07:44 <masashi910> pavel, iwamatsu, masami: Thanks for your updates.
09:08:11 <masashi910> are there anything we need to discuss here?
09:09:52 <masashi910> Regarding CVE-2021-38205, can we continue to discuss on the cip-dev ML?
09:10:03 <pavel> I think so.
09:10:14 <masashi910> pavel: Thanks!
09:10:17 <masami> I think so too
09:10:34 <masashi910> masami: Thanks for your confirmation.
09:10:39 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:10:52 <masashi910> 3
09:10:55 <masashi910> 2
09:10:58 <masashi910> 1
09:11:02 <masashi910> #topic Kernel testing
09:11:11 <patersonc[m]> We had an issue on the LAVA server this week where it stopped scheduling jobs, but jobs would still be added to the queue.
09:11:12 <masashi910> patersonc[m]: The floor is yours.
09:11:27 <patersonc[m]> The issue has now been resolved, but we still have a big queue of jobs
09:11:35 <patersonc[m]> I'm going through clearing them now
09:11:48 <patersonc[m]> There's no point in running KernelCI jobs from 2 days ago for example
09:12:03 <pavel> I believe best action would be to just cancel everything :-).
09:12:04 <patersonc[m]> 3/4 labs are back online
09:12:21 <patersonc[m]> pavel: That's what I'm doing, but there isn't a button to do it automatically
09:12:29 <patersonc[m]> I've got a script going through them all now
09:12:56 <pavel> Aha... I guess that makes it interesting. I'd like to get -stable-rc test results for Greg... should I wait for you to cancel everything?
09:12:57 <patersonc[m]> lab-cip-cybertrust is still offline, but Japan is mainly on holiday so I expect a delay there
09:13:36 <patersonc[m]> Maybe wait another hour or so?
09:13:47 <pavel> Okay, and then I'll simply retry the jobs that failed?
09:13:54 <patersonc[m]> (y)
09:13:55 <patersonc[m]> Yes
09:14:01 <pavel> Ok, will do, thank you!
09:14:21 <patersonc[m]> Sorry for the pain
09:15:01 <pavel> No problem, it is complicated monster, some failures are expected...
09:15:15 <patersonc[m]> :)
09:15:17 <patersonc[m]> Nothing else from me this week.
09:15:23 <masashi910> patersonc[m]: Thanks for all of your works!
09:15:31 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:15:42 <masashi910> 3
09:15:45 <masashi910> 2
09:15:49 <masashi910> 1
09:15:52 <masashi910> #topic AOB
09:16:30 <masashi910> Are there any business to discuss?
09:16:31 <pavel> I believe there's "CIP Kernel and Test" webcon in few hours, right?
09:16:45 <patersonc[m]> pavel: Note that any test jobs for zynqmp-zcu102 will fail until lab-cip-cybertrust is up and running again.
09:16:51 <masashi910> pavel: That's right!
09:17:05 <pavel> masashi: Thanks for confirmation.
09:17:13 <masashi910> pavel: The webcon starts at 3PM CEST.
09:17:32 <pavel> patersonc: Yes, I learned that when it says 0 hosts available, retrying makes no sense.
09:17:47 <patersonc[m]> :)
09:18:20 <alicef> patersonc[m]: thanks for cleaning lava jobs
09:18:31 <masashi910> pavel, patersonc[m]: I will ask Toyooka-san and Alice-san about its status by pinging.
09:19:18 <masashi910> alicef: do you happen to know what's the status of lab-cip-cybertrust?
09:19:46 <alicef> masashi910: no I'm not
09:20:01 <alicef> Tooyoka-san is maintaining lab-cip-cybertrust
09:20:06 <masashi910> Ok, I will ask Toyooka-san.
09:20:11 <masashi910> alicef: thanks!
09:20:31 <masashi910> any other business?
09:20:36 <masashi910> 3
09:20:40 <masashi910> 2
09:20:44 <masashi910> 1
09:20:46 <masashi910> Let's close today's meeting.
09:20:53 <masashi910> #endmeeting