09:00:01 <masashi910> #startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting
09:00:01 <brlogger> Meeting started Thu Jun  3 09:00:01 2021 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is masashi910. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
09:00:01 <brlogger> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
09:00:01 <brlogger> The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'
09:00:06 <masashi910> #topic rollcall
09:00:11 <masashi910> please say hi if you're around
09:00:37 <pavel> hi
09:00:42 <patersonc[m]> hi
09:00:44 <fujita> hi
09:00:49 <alicef> hi
09:01:03 <masashi910> This is the first irc meeting on this channel.
09:01:17 <masashi910> For this migration, many people helped. I'd like to thank all of them, especially alicef.
09:01:19 <patersonc[m]> \o/
09:01:24 <masashi910> Let's get started.
09:01:32 <masashi910> #topic AI review
09:01:34 <alicef> also ironfoot that helped with the bot!
09:01:57 <masashi910> alicef: That's right. Thanks, ironfoot!
09:02:08 <masashi910> 1. Combine root filesystem with kselftest binary - iwamatsu
09:02:32 <alicef> I'm currently fixing issue on the ltp build with kselftest
09:02:34 <masashi910> I don't see iwamatsu yet. So, let's come back when he joins.
09:02:42 <masashi910> 2. Do some experiment to lower burdens on CI - patersonc
09:03:32 <masashi910> patersonc: Do you have any update on this AI.
09:03:36 <patersonc[m]> No real updates
09:03:52 <masashi910> patersonc[m]: Sure. Thanks.
09:04:01 <masashi910> 3. Monitor the status of CVE-2021-3444 and CVE-2021-20292 (3/25) - Kernel Team
09:04:10 <pavel> No progress there.
09:04:22 <masashi910> pavel: Sure, thanks.
09:04:30 <masashi910> 4. Monitor the status of CVE-2021-29650 (4/1) - Kernel Team
09:04:38 <masashi910> For AI#4, Pavel-san sent out the message: https://lists.cip-project.org/g/cip-dev/message/6479
09:04:44 <pavel> With iwamatsu's help, this one was merged to 4.4
09:04:49 <pavel> This can be closed.
09:05:04 <masashi910> pavel: Thanks very much!
09:05:12 <masashi910> I will close this AI.
09:05:23 <masashi910> 5. Update Testing table below with 5.10 info - patersonc
09:05:29 <masashi910> https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/civilinfrastructureplatform/ciptesting/centalisedtesting/cioverview
09:05:34 <patersonc[m]> Sorry, still haven't done it
09:06:00 <masashi910> patersonc[m]: Noted. Thanks.
09:06:05 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:06:16 <masashi910> 3
09:06:19 <masashi910> 2
09:06:24 <masashi910> 1
09:06:26 <masashi910> #topic Kernel maintenance updates
09:06:45 <pavel> I did some kernel reviews, mostly on 5.10.42.
09:06:59 <pavel> And I started to play with CVE monitoring scripts.
09:07:16 <pavel> Result is bunch of CVEs where I'm not sure what to do :-).
09:08:20 <masashi910> pavel: Thanks for your works! Let's check with wens how to identify "this week's CVE fixes" :-)
09:08:56 <pavel> masashi910: You are welcome.
09:08:58 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:09:06 <masashi910> 3
09:09:11 <masashi910> 2
09:09:13 <masashi910> 1
09:09:16 <masashi910> #topic Kernel testing
09:09:32 <masashi910> patersonc[m]: The floor is yours.
09:09:46 <patersonc[m]> We're upgrading to the latest gitlab-runner version which may improve some of the issues we've been seeing with jobs failing to start
09:10:00 <patersonc[m]> Alice is continuing her work on the kselftest (thank you)
09:10:23 <patersonc[m]> The new G2M board that was added to the Denx lab is failing to boot with some Kernels
09:10:43 <pavel> patersonc: Does that sound like board problem or like kernel problem?
09:10:45 <patersonc[m]> Root cause was that we're hitting a watchdog reset due to missing usb3 firmware
09:11:12 <patersonc[m]> So we need to either add the firmware to the filesystem, or disable the wdt
09:11:29 <pavel> patersonc: Aha, thanks; so not a kernel problem.
09:11:54 <patersonc[m]> Not really, but we need to update the builds to include the required firmware
09:12:12 <patersonc[m]> It wasn't an issue on the older G2M boards because they are using a much older version of u-boot that doesn't set up the WDT
09:12:43 <patersonc[m]> This is WIP
09:12:57 <patersonc[m]> Nothing else from me this week
09:13:14 <masashi910> patersonc[m], alicef: Thanks for your works!
09:13:32 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:13:40 <masashi910> 3
09:13:44 <masashi910> 2
09:13:46 <masashi910> 1
09:13:49 <masashi910> #topic AOB
09:14:02 <masashi910> Are there any business to discuss?
09:14:13 <patersonc[m]> ELC-E talks
09:14:21 <masashi910> sure.
09:14:23 <patersonc[m]> I've seen your email, thank you masashi910
09:14:49 <masashi910> patersonc[m]: Sure. Are you interested in the talk?
09:14:55 <patersonc[m]> I'll try and work out if there is much to report from testing - it may be better to have one of the Kernel maintainers join you
09:15:10 <patersonc[m]> I assume you'll be attending remotely and pre-recording the session?
09:15:33 <masashi910> patersonc[m]: That's correct. I will join remotely.
09:15:50 <patersonc[m]> Okay
09:16:30 <masashi910> Unfortunately, LF only allows upto two people for a talk session. So, we need to work it out.
09:17:01 <masashi910> Then, let's talk offline for details.
09:17:39 <masashi910> Any other business?
09:18:13 <masashi910> 5
09:18:16 <masashi910> 4
09:18:21 <masashi910> 3
09:18:24 <masashi910> 2
09:18:29 <masashi910> 1
09:18:31 <masashi910> It was a smooth meeting. So, let's close today's meeting.
09:18:36 <masashi910> #endmeeting