09:00:01 <masashi910> #startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting
09:00:01 <brlogger`> Meeting started Thu Mar 25 09:00:01 2021 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is masashi910. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
09:00:01 <brlogger`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
09:00:01 <brlogger`> The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'
09:00:05 <masashi910> #topic rollcall
09:00:11 <masashi910> please say hi if you're around
09:00:40 <patersonc> hi
09:00:45 <wens> hi
09:01:06 <masashi910> Pavel-san, are you around?
09:01:11 <masashi910> Today, Iwamatsu-san and Yoshida-san are not here.
09:01:17 <masashi910> Let's get started.
09:01:24 <masashi910> #topic AI review
09:01:30 <masashi910> 1. Combine root filesystem with kselftest binary - iwamatsu
09:01:36 <masashi910> == Quote from iwamatsu ==
09:01:42 <masashi910> CTJ and I are working on an email basis.
09:01:48 <masashi910> Work is progressing, but it has not yet been implemented to our LAVA.
09:01:55 <masashi910> ====
09:02:00 <masashi910> 2. Do some experiment to lower burdens on CI - patersonc
09:02:48 <masashi910> patersonc: Do you have updates on this?
09:02:51 <patersonc> No updates
09:03:04 <masashi910> patersonc: Noted. Thanks.
09:03:15 <masashi910> 3. Ask board owners(siemens_i386-rt/plathome_obsvx1) whether X.25 and floppy can be disabled - masashi910
09:03:22 <masashi910> I got the following responses from Minda-san and Jan-san respectively, and confirmed that we can disable X.25 and floppy.
09:03:29 <masashi910> https://lore.kernel.org/cip-dev/bbaaff0c-aace-4c0d-2c48-00d93653416f@plathome.co.jp/
09:03:34 <masashi910> https://lore.kernel.org/cip-dev/d111661c-cdda-3031-66e3-054a5cdcc943@siemens.com/
09:03:48 <masashi910> If Iwamatsu-san attend this meeting next week, I will close this AI by asking him the status.
09:04:00 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:04:10 <masashi910> 3
09:04:15 <masashi910> 2
09:04:18 <masashi910> 1
09:04:21 <masashi910> #topic Kernel maintenance updates
09:04:27 <masashi910> == Quote from iwamatsu ==
09:04:33 <masashi910> I reviewed v4.4.263.
09:04:38 <masashi910> ====
09:04:39 <pave1> I have reviewed patches for 5.10.25 and 26.
09:04:46 <wens> This week's cip-kernel-sec report: https://lore.kernel.org/cip-dev/CAGb2v65Mk4ULqU40qT4ktb-VeW5Sv=D8nOpq9bgKBZiuwZL1Uw@mail.gmail.com/
09:05:12 <wens> The fix for CVE-2021-3444 needs to be backported to 4.19. Curiously the patch was not marked for stable.
09:05:47 <wens> Also, need to review if the fix for CVE-2021-20292 needs to be backported to 4.4.
09:05:56 <wens> That's all.
09:06:28 <pave1> Heh... We recently introduced info leak into mainline and stable, and noone seems to care....
09:06:56 <masashi910> pave1, wens: Thanks for your works!
09:06:58 <pave1> Maybe I need to get CVE number...
09:07:13 <wens> That will motivate people!
09:08:08 <masashi910> Regarding CVE-2021-3444, how should we treat it? Make this an AI?
09:08:41 <masashi910> Ah, also CVE-2021-20292.
09:10:06 <masashi910> I will make them AIs saying, backporting needed.
09:10:21 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:10:35 <masashi910> 3
09:10:40 <masashi910> 2
09:10:41 <pave1> Yeah, I guess that's easiest. We can make them resolved next meeting.
09:10:55 <masashi910> pave1: Sure. Thanks!
09:11:01 <masashi910> 1
09:11:14 <masashi910> #topic Kernel testing
09:11:20 <masashi910> patersonc: The floor is yours.
09:11:31 <patersonc> The lava master and workers have all had their software updated and are all now online again.
09:12:08 <patersonc> That's about it for this week
09:12:19 <patersonc> Hopefully everything is running okay?
09:12:24 <masashi910> patersonc: Thanks for your works!
09:13:57 <pave1> patersonc: I had some fun with 5.10.26-rc testing.
09:14:20 <pave1> patersonc: Had to re-trigger builds and tests until I got all green.
09:14:53 <pave1> patersonc: If things are expected to work okay, maybe I can let you debug it next time?
09:15:50 <patersonc> pave1: Sure
09:16:02 <patersonc> Thanks
09:16:13 <masashi910> pave1, patersonc: Thanks.
09:16:16 <patersonc> I'm sorry but I need to go afk now. I'll be back later.
09:16:24 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:16:29 <masashi910> patersonc: Sure.
09:16:42 <masashi910> 3
09:16:46 <masashi910> 2
09:16:49 <masashi910> 1
09:16:52 <masashi910> #topic CIP Security
09:16:58 <masashi910> Because Yoshida-san is not here, let's skip.
09:17:05 <masashi910> #topic AOB
09:17:12 <masashi910> Are there any business to discuss?
09:17:25 <masashi910> 5
09:17:28 <masashi910> 4
09:17:32 <masashi910> 3
09:17:36 <masashi910> 2
09:17:40 <masashi910> 1
09:17:49 <masashi910> Let's close today's meeting!
09:17:50 <masashi910> #endmeeting