09:00:01 <masashi910> #startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting
09:00:01 <brlogger`> Meeting started Thu Feb 25 09:00:01 2021 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is masashi910. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
09:00:01 <brlogger`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
09:00:01 <brlogger`> The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'
09:00:04 <masashi910> #topic rollcall
09:00:10 <masashi910> please say hi if you're around
09:00:11 <pave1> gu
09:00:13 <pave1> hi
09:00:16 <iwamatsu> hi
09:01:01 <masashi910> Let's get started.
09:01:04 <masashi910> #topic AI review
09:01:10 <masashi910> 1. Combine root filesystem with kselftest binary - iwamatsu
09:01:32 <iwamatsu> no update
09:01:41 <masashi910> iwamatsu: Sure. Thanks.
09:01:43 <masashi910> 2. Do some experiment to lower burdens on CI - patersonc
09:01:51 <masashi910> patersonc: are you around?
09:02:01 <patersonc> No updates
09:02:10 <masashi910> patersonc: Sure. Thanks.
09:02:12 <masashi910> 3. Check hitachi_omap defconfigs wrt CVE-2020-27820 [drm/nouveau UAF] - Hitachi-team
09:02:23 <masashi910> Still waiting for Hitachi-team's response. It's been a while, so I am asking them again.
09:02:28 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:02:37 <masashi910> 3
09:02:42 <masashi910> 2
09:02:46 <masashi910> 1
09:02:50 <masashi910> #topic Kernel maintenance updates
09:02:52 <wens> Hi, sorry I'm late
09:03:11 <masashi910> wens: Hi. We are now #topic Kernel maintenance updates
09:03:36 <pave1> I have reviewed 5.10.17, .18 and related kernels
09:03:49 <wens> Five new issues this week, though three of them seem to refer to out-of-tree driver
09:04:04 <iwamatsu> I reviewed 4.4.258 and 5.10.17
09:04:11 <wens> Report here: https://lore.kernel.org/cip-dev/CAGb2v65e+un0E5SwvhNShDz2MObJFZU7DsMvFXN077dSRQdEMQ@mail.gmail.com/
09:04:31 <wens> I also fixed a bug in the Debian tracker import script
09:05:05 <masashi910> pave1, wens, iwamatsu: Thanks for your works!
09:05:10 <wens> By the way, it seems we got no response to the GitLab forum post
09:05:35 <masashi910> wens: I see. Then, the issue still exists?
09:05:58 <wens> I haven't tried
09:06:11 <masashi910> wens: I see.
09:07:34 <masashi910> If users are suffering from the issue, we may want to consider some action, like patch revert?
09:09:12 <masashi910> Let's discuss offline if needed. Shall we move on?
09:09:19 <wens> Sure.
09:09:28 <wens> I wanted to ask
09:09:48 <masashi910> Sure. Any other topics?
09:09:49 <wens> How should we mark issues that are fixed in firmware (like the Intel GPU issues)?
09:10:24 <wens> and for the ones that refer to out-of-tree drivers, I will mark them as "ignore: out-of-tree vendor driver"
09:10:37 <pave1> wens: ignore: firmware? :-)
09:11:38 <wens> sure ... I guess? It doesn't quite help users actually track the fix. But I suppose that would be out of scope, since the project is only supposed to track the kernel
09:12:39 <masashi910> wens: in you email, "Last, CVE-2020-12362, CVE-2020-12363, and CVE-2020-12364 are now known
09:12:40 <masashi910> to be fixed by a firmware update. However to use the new firmware, a kernel patch [2] is required."
09:13:15 <masashi910> In order to track "kernel patch [2] ", some info should be logged?
09:14:08 <wens> Yes. I can add that, but that is only the prerequisite to the actual fix (the firmware)
09:17:44 <masashi910> wens: Right... So, as Pavel-san mentions, "ignore: firmware" might be enough.
09:19:10 <masashi910> wens: What do you think?
09:20:24 <masashi910> Shall we move on?
09:20:33 <masashi910> 3
09:20:37 <masashi910> 2
09:20:40 <masashi910> 1
09:20:43 <masashi910> #topic Kernel testing
09:20:55 <masashi910> patersonc: The floor is yours.
09:21:09 <patersonc> I don't think I have anything to report today
09:21:20 <patersonc> I'll try and think of something for the extended TSC :P
09:21:39 <masashi910> patersonc: Thanks.
09:21:44 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:21:55 <masashi910> 3
09:22:00 <masashi910> 2
09:22:04 <masashi910> 1
09:22:23 <masashi910> Today, Yoshida-san is not here. So, let's skip Security.
09:22:30 <iwamatsu> sorry, I have a question about intel's CVE.
09:22:41 <masashi910> please.
09:22:53 <iwamatsu> Commit c784e5249e is not in other LTS trees. Do we need to backport this?
09:23:46 <wens> I think so, but the commit isn't exactly small
09:24:13 <iwamatsu> I see, thank.
09:24:30 <pave1> Is any of our boards using i915?
09:25:42 <wens> Unlikely? x86 servers normally would have some BMC that also includes VGA controller
09:26:08 <iwamatsu> yes.
09:26:36 <iwamatsu> for example, siemens's kernel config have this config.
09:27:11 <iwamatsu> And I had a question about this CVE from within my company, so I was thinking about how to fix with it.
09:27:38 <pave1> I guess we can backport. It is not small but it is not _too_ scary.
09:28:24 <masashi910> So, shall I make this backporting issue as an AI?
09:28:47 <pave1> Umm. Let me take a look at that, no need for AI.
09:28:58 <masashi910> pave1: OK.
09:29:10 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:29:15 <pave1> Yes, actually.
09:29:20 <iwamatsu> pavel: thanks,
09:29:31 <masashi910> 3
09:29:34 <masashi910> 2
09:29:38 <masashi910> 1
09:29:41 <iwamatsu> I will check it too.
09:29:42 <masashi910> #topic CIP Security
09:29:50 <masashi910> Let's skip security.
09:29:56 <masashi910> #topic AOB
09:30:01 <pave1> o/
09:30:08 <masashi910> Please.
09:30:35 <pave1> Michal Simek, working with/for Xilinx, contacted me and asked about ZynqMP support for CIP.
09:31:02 <pave1> I believe that's the candidate board we have listed, and according to him neccessary support should be in 5.10.
09:32:11 <pave1> So... if there's still interest in that board, it might be useful to talk to him, and he can probably offer help.
09:32:24 <masashi910> pave1: If Xilinx can support ZyncMP in CIP, that would be great.
09:32:59 <iwamatsu> nice
09:33:11 <masashi910> Regarding the interest in ZynqMP, shall I ask CIP community about that?
09:33:30 <masashi910> Or Long TSC meeting might be a good opportunity to discuss.
09:33:33 <pave1> I believe no steps are neccessary at the moment.
09:33:44 <pave1> Just don't be surprised if he contacts us.
09:34:04 <masashi910> pave1: Sure. Thanks for this headsup!
09:34:26 <masashi910> Any other topics?
09:34:26 <pave1> Alternatively I can send an email mutually introducing you or something like that.
09:35:07 <masashi910> pave1: Yes, that woud be great!
09:35:16 <pave1> masashi910: ok!
09:35:27 <masashi910> pave1: Thanks!
09:35:34 <masashi910> Any other topics?
09:35:51 <masashi910> 3
09:35:55 <masashi910> 2
09:35:59 <masashi910> 1
09:36:11 <masashi910> So, Let's close today's meeting.
09:36:13 <masashi910> #endmeeting