09:00:01 <masashi910> #startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting
09:00:01 <brlogger`> Meeting started Thu Feb 18 09:00:01 2021 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is masashi910. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
09:00:01 <brlogger`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
09:00:01 <brlogger`> The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'
09:00:08 <masashi910> #topic rollcall
09:00:14 <masashi910> please say hi if you're around
09:00:21 <wens> hi
09:00:24 <iwamatsu> hi
09:00:27 <yoshidak[m]> hi
09:00:28 <pave1> hi
09:00:36 <masashi910> Hi, All!
09:00:43 <masashi910> Let's get started.
09:00:46 <masashi910> #topic AI review
09:00:53 <masashi910> 1. Combine root filesystem with kselftest binary - iwamatsu
09:01:00 <iwamatsu> No update
09:01:09 <masashi910> iwamatsu: Sure, thanks!
09:01:16 <masashi910> 2. Do some experiment to lower burdens on CI - patersonc
09:01:26 <masashi910> patersonc: are you here?
09:01:49 <masashi910> Well, let's come back when he joins.
09:01:55 <masashi910> 3. Check hitachi_omap defconfigs wrt CVE-2020-27820 [drm/nouveau UAF] - Hitachi-team
09:02:02 <masashi910> Still waiting for Hitachi-team's response. Keep it open.
09:02:07 <masashi910> 4. Track the CVE-2021-3347 patch status - Kernel Team
09:02:12 <masashi910> Before this meeting, Chen-Yu-san posted the following email saying 'FTR, fixes have now been incorporated into 4.4'.
09:02:17 <masashi910> https://lore.kernel.org/cip-dev/CAGb2v64MhytthB=Zit_QP_5tPuUbmoMb_mVa8F+NmwcmKy4RmQ@mail.gmail.com/1-a.txt
09:02:24 <masashi910> Let's close this AI. :)
09:02:28 <wens> :)
09:02:37 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:02:46 <masashi910> 3
09:02:49 <masashi910> 2
09:02:52 <masashi910> 1
09:02:54 <masashi910> #topic Kernel maintenance updates
09:03:18 <pave1> I have reviewed 5.10.16 and .17 and related kernels.
09:03:35 <patersonc> Hi, sorry I'm late
09:03:48 <masashi910> patersonc: Hi!
09:03:49 <iwamatsu> I reviewed 4.4.257 and 5.10.17.
09:04:05 <wens> Five new issues this week, either fully fixed (bpf), or PR (Xen stuff) sent, but Linus hasn't picked it up yet. I will send out report later.
09:04:38 <masashi910> pave1, iwamatsu, wens: Thanks for your works!
09:04:49 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:04:59 <pave1> Yes...
09:05:09 <masashi910> pave1: Please.
09:05:24 <pave1> We are collecting configs for 5.10... Should we also add QEMU/armv7 and QEMU/armv8 to the list
09:05:25 <pave1> ?
09:05:57 <pave1> It might be good to have those working as base for development...
09:06:24 <iwamatsu> I see.
09:06:33 <masashi910> pave1: I think that is a good idea. Who can do that?
09:06:44 <iwamatsu> I can do it.
09:06:55 <masashi910> iwamatsu: Thanks!
09:07:05 <pave1> Thank you :-).
09:07:37 <pave1> Another thing. Should we start taking steps towards 5.10-rt branch?
09:08:02 <iwamatsu> I think not only 5.10 but also 4.4 and 4.19.
09:08:35 <pave1> iwamatsu: That certainly would not hurt. We do rather limited testing on 4.4.
09:09:40 <iwamatsu> OK.
09:10:15 <masashi910> pave1: Yes, that (5.10-rt addition) is also a good idea if activities for 5.10 is now stable.
09:11:21 <pave1> masashi910: Ok. We are now waiting for 5.10 configs, so there should be free cycles.
09:11:33 <iwamatsu> I think that we need to decide target board for 5.10-rt.
09:12:26 <masashi910> pave1, iwamatsu: Shall we discuss this at the next long TSC? CIP-Members awareness is required.
09:12:34 <iwamatsu> +1
09:12:41 <pave1> iwamatsu: Yes, one of steps needs to be asking members "what boards do we need to support and with what configs".
09:13:49 <masashi910> pave1: If you are ok, let's decide the timing by discussing at the TSC.
09:14:57 <pave1> masashi910: ok. Is it okay to start preparations in the meantime?
09:15:17 <masashi910> pave1: Sure! Thanks!
09:15:24 <pave1> masashi910: Thank you!
09:16:37 <masashi910> pave1, iwamatsu, wens: I am also thinking that the criteria to add boards as reference should be reviewed in order to get more attention and helps from cip community.
09:16:54 <masashi910> I would like to raise this topic at the next long TSC call.
09:17:19 <masashi910> The Kernel Team also needs to report our roadmap this year.
09:17:29 <masashi910> I will make a draft sometime next week, and send to the team for your review.
09:17:48 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:18:05 <masashi910> 3
09:18:08 <masashi910> 2
09:18:12 <masashi910> 1
09:18:15 <masashi910> #topic Kernel testing
09:18:45 <patersonc> Hello
09:18:45 <masashi910> patersonc: BTW do you have any updates on "2. Do some experiment to lower burdens on CI - patersonc"
09:18:56 <patersonc> Nope. Sorry!
09:19:06 <masashi910> patersonc: Sure, thanks.
09:19:28 <patersonc> We had some network issues in lab-cip-renesas this week - sorry about that. All working again now
09:19:48 <pave1> patersonc: Thanks for getting it back up :-).
09:20:03 <patersonc> I don't think there's anything else worth mentioning - sorry I'm not getting much time on this recently
09:20:31 <masashi910> patersonc: Thanks for your report!
09:20:38 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:20:49 <masashi910> 3
09:20:52 <masashi910> 2
09:20:56 <masashi910> 1
09:20:59 <masashi910> #topic CIP Security
09:21:06 <masashi910> yoshidak[m]: The floor is yours!
09:21:10 <yoshidak[m]> Hello
09:21:47 <yoshidak[m]> Now we are dealing with AIs regarding the development process one by one.
09:22:02 <yoshidak[m]> There is no major update today. Thanks!
09:22:26 <masashi910> yoshidak[m]: Thanks for your report!
09:22:31 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:22:39 <masashi910> 3
09:22:44 <masashi910> 2
09:22:47 <masashi910> 1
09:22:50 <masashi910> #topic AOB
09:23:11 <masashi910> Are there any business to discuss?
09:23:16 <wens> Would anyone like to talk to Greg and/or Broadcom about 5.10? LTS # https://lkml.org/lkml/2021/2/18/126
09:23:30 <wens> also, FTR, this week's cip-kernel-sec report: https://lore.kernel.org/cip-dev/CAGb2v67v7o16fV4s7GTgO96P5=g3icjNUNGNs0mDdcm2BZYm=w@mail.gmail.com/
09:23:39 <pave1> wens: I believe I commented in that thread (Broadcom).
09:23:50 <wens> It's badly wrapped by Gmail :(
09:24:35 <wens> pave1: I don't think they got the message :p
09:24:36 <pave1> Interesting, archives don't have it.
09:25:47 <patersonc> Greg actually mentioned yesterday that he needs people testing 5.10 if 6 years of support is needed
09:26:00 <patersonc> He didn't list CIP as one of the people who's currently said they would test it
09:26:16 <patersonc> So we need to make our stable release testing more public, at least more know to Greg
09:26:51 <pave1> So I have email in the outbox but it is not in the archives, which means something went wrong.
09:27:56 <masashi910> wens: Thanks for sharing the info.
09:28:05 <pave1> I can send it again, but if you want to comment there too - as you/Renesas is actually doing the testing, I guess that would not hurt :-).
09:29:02 <patersonc> pave1: Send your email. I'll join in if I think of anything to add :)
09:29:13 <pave1> Okay :-).
09:29:38 <patersonc> Thanks
09:29:41 <masashi910> patersonc: "to make our stable release testing more public" is a good idea! Please advise Greg-san about it.
09:30:00 <patersonc> And thank you wens for the heads up. I missed that email
09:30:16 <masashi910> Any other business?
09:30:26 <masashi910> 3
09:30:30 <masashi910> 2
09:30:34 <masashi910> 1
09:30:37 <masashi910> #endmeeting