09:00:01 <masashi910> #startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting
09:00:01 <brlogger`> Meeting started Thu Jan 21 09:00:01 2021 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is masashi910. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
09:00:01 <brlogger`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
09:00:01 <brlogger`> The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'
09:00:05 <masashi910> #topic rollcall
09:00:11 <masashi910> please say hi if you're around
09:00:11 <pav31> hi
09:00:16 <iwamatsu> hi
09:00:41 <wens> hi
09:00:58 <masashi910> Today, Yoshida-san is not here.
09:01:05 <masashi910> #topic AI review
09:01:11 <masashi910> 1. Combine root filesystem with kselftest binary - iwamatsu
09:01:23 <masashi910> iwamatsu: any update?
09:01:24 <iwamatsu> No update
09:01:34 <masashi910> iwamatsu: Sure, thanks.
09:01:41 <masashi910> 2. Do some experiment to lower burdens on CI - patersonc
09:01:56 <masashi910> patersonc: are you around?
09:02:20 <patersonc> Hi
09:02:21 <patersonc> No updates
09:02:34 <masashi910> patersonc: Noted. Thanks.
09:02:37 <masashi910> 3. Check hitachi_omap defconfigs wrt CVE-2020-27820 [drm/nouveau UAF] - Hitachi-team
09:02:46 <masashi910> We are waiting for the notification from Hitachi-team
09:02:57 <masashi910> so, let's move on.
09:03:06 <masashi910> 4. Decide the timing to branch 5.10 to start CIP development - Kernel Team
09:03:13 <masashi910> Pavel-san sent out the following email to cip-dev.
09:03:18 <masashi910> https://lore.kernel.org/cip-dev/20210120192433.GA24348@duo.ucw.cz/1.1-a.txt
09:03:23 <masashi910> Are any more works needed?
09:03:38 <pav31> I think this one can be closed.
09:03:52 <pav31> linux-5.10.y-cip tree was created, based on 5.10.8.
09:04:09 <masashi910> pav31: Sure! Thanks very much! I will close this AI.
09:04:20 <iwamatsu> thanks for your work.
09:04:33 <pav31> Thank you :-)
09:05:26 <masashi910> BTW, per discussion at the TSC call, I will send out some email asking CIP members to consider reference boards for 5.10.
09:05:38 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:05:41 <patersonc> And configs?
09:05:58 <masashi910> patersonc: That's right! Thanks!
09:06:09 <masashi910> 3
09:06:12 <masashi910> 2
09:06:15 <masashi910> 1
09:06:17 <masashi910> #topic Kernel maintenance updates
09:06:53 <wens> One new issue this week regarding nfs4 kernel server. Fix is in Linus's tree but awaiting stable queue.
09:07:00 <iwamatsu> I reviewed v4.4.252
09:07:16 <wens> I also added 5.10-cip to the cip-kernel-sec tracker.
09:07:27 <pav31> Lots of patch reviews: 5.10.8, 5.10.9 and corresponding 4.19/4.4 releases.
09:07:55 <masashi910> wens, iwamatsu, wens: Thanks for your works!
09:08:18 <masashi910> wens: Shall I make an AI to track that patch?
09:08:40 <wens> it was cc-ed to stable, I think we don't need to track it.
09:08:57 <masashi910> wens: Sure.
09:09:27 <wens> btw, Gitlab merge request issues still persist. SZ seemed to imply he would contact Gitlab admins.
09:10:22 <masashi910> pave31: Thanks for your reviews. Do you think adding 5.10 for review targets works well?
09:11:43 <pav31> masashi910: Keeping up with development had become more difficult, but I believe it will work out.
09:12:02 <masashi910> pav31: Thanks!
09:12:32 <patersonc> wens: it's strange that merge issue only happens on 1 project
09:13:38 <wens> pushing works fine, so I doubt we hit some quota
09:14:51 <masashi910> wens: At the IRC meeting last week, you mentioned some enhancement done on cip-kernel-sec by incorporating some contribution. Are there any co-relation between the contribution and the merge request issue?
09:15:30 <wens> yes, the contribution is the one with the merge request issue.
09:15:53 <wens> which is unfortunate as this makes reviewing harder
09:16:38 <patersonc> wens: What repo is it again?
09:16:57 <patersonc> Ah cip-kernel-sec, sorry
09:17:09 <masashi910> wens: You mean the contribution tried to fix the merge request issue or is it triggering the issue?
09:17:32 <wens> masashi910: the contribution is triggering the issue
09:17:49 <masashi910> wens: I see...
09:18:52 <masashi910> so, shall we wait for the result of SZ-san's action?
09:19:10 <wens> Sure. I will follow up with him as well.
09:19:31 <masashi910> wens: Thanks! BTW, for the record, let me just log the url of your cip-kernel-sec report sent to cip-dev, as usual.
09:19:36 <masashi910> https://lore.kernel.org/cip-dev/CAGb2v66bGEX3sCBNnYdv07cuojOjNe1Gf-D3Mb4Kik-He3nt0w@mail.gmail.com/1-a.txt
09:19:41 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:19:50 <masashi910> 3
09:19:53 <masashi910> 2
09:19:56 <masashi910> 1
09:19:59 <masashi910> #topic Kernel testing
09:20:41 <masashi910> patersonc: the floor is yours.
09:20:59 <patersonc> I don't think I have much to add since the TSC on Tuesday.
09:21:12 <patersonc> I'll add a pipeline for the 5.10 CIP testing later today
09:21:19 <pav31> Thank you :-).
09:21:57 <masashi910> patersonc: Thanks for your works!
09:22:08 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:22:25 <masashi910> 3
09:22:28 <masashi910> 2
09:22:32 <masashi910> 1
09:22:35 <masashi910> #topic CIP Security
09:22:41 <masashi910> == Quote from yoshidak[m] ==
09:22:47 <masashi910> There is no major update from Security working group.
09:22:56 <masashi910> One thing, we plan to issue tickets about action lists to meet the certification
09:23:02 <masashi910> requirements for development process on gitlab soon. Let's discuss to handle
09:23:07 <masashi910> those requirements.
09:23:13 <masashi910> ====
09:23:18 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:23:25 <masashi910> 3
09:23:29 <masashi910> 2
09:23:34 <masashi910> 1
09:23:37 <masashi910> #topic AOB
09:23:43 <masashi910> Are there any business to discuss?
09:24:08 <masashi910> 3
09:24:11 <masashi910> 2
09:24:16 <masashi910> 1
09:24:20 <masashi910> There seem to be no topics to be discussed, so let's close the meeting.
09:24:27 <masashi910> #endmeeting