09:00:00 <masashi910> #startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting
09:00:00 <brlogger> Meeting started Thu Dec 17 09:00:00 2020 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is masashi910. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
09:00:00 <brlogger> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
09:00:00 <brlogger> The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'
09:00:04 <masashi910> #topic rollcall
09:00:11 <masashi910> please say hi if you're around
09:00:20 <sudip> hi
09:00:21 <pav3l> hi
09:00:26 <iwamatsu> hi
09:01:01 <masashi910> #topic AI review
09:01:09 <masashi910> 1. Combine root filesystem with kselftest binary - iwamatsu
09:01:21 <iwamatsu> No update, sorry.
09:01:34 <masashi910> iwamatsu: Noted. Thanks.
09:01:41 <masashi910> 2. Do some experiment to lower burdens on CI - patersonc
09:01:52 <masashi910> Chris-san, are you around?
09:02:16 <masashi910> If he joins, let's come back here.
09:02:19 <masashi910> 3. Ask Hitachi-team about hitachi_omap defconfigs wrt CVE-2020-27820 [drm/nouveau UAF] - masashi910
09:03:00 <masashi910> I already asked this via cip-dev. I will follow up at the TSC call.
09:03:15 <masashi910> https://lore.kernel.org/cip-dev/TY2PR01MB497230D728C09766E2AEDF8AA0C50@TY2PR01MB4972.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com/T/#u
09:03:21 <masashi910> 4. Track the status of CVE-2020-28588 patch - Kernel Team
09:03:28 <masashi910> Last week, CVE-2020-28588 was reported. At that time it was not tagged for stable, so we agreed to monitor this.
09:03:35 <masashi910> This week, Wens-san reported in the following email that it was backported to v5.4 and v5.9.
09:03:45 <masashi910> https://lore.kernel.org/cip-dev/CAGb2v673Bq3hfM0oa_M=gund_xCCz6dj5GfTLfEk2SpG9N8QPw@mail.gmail.com/T/#u
09:04:02 <masashi910> So I will close this AI.
09:04:11 <masashi910> 5. Discuss an open issue (https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/cip-kernel-sec/-/issues/8)
09:04:18 <masashi910> - the necessity to track issues that have been retired by distros - Kernel Team
09:04:43 <masashi910> This issue was raised by Wens-san after the IRC meeting last week.
09:04:50 <masashi910> This week, I just want to open this AI. I would like to get your opinions at the next IRC.
09:04:59 <masashi910> So, please take a look at this issue by the next meeting.
09:05:12 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:05:33 <masashi910> 3
09:05:36 <masashi910> 2
09:05:40 <masashi910> 1
09:05:43 <masashi910> #topic Kernel maintenance updates
09:06:06 <pav3l> I have reviewed patches meant for 4.19.163 and 4.19.164.
09:06:21 <pav3l> I started preparing scripts to help with reviews once we start reviewing 5.10.
09:06:57 <masashi910> Wens-san sent out the following CVE report this week.
09:06:58 <masashi910> https://lore.kernel.org/cip-dev/CAGb2v673Bq3hfM0oa_M=gund_xCCz6dj5GfTLfEk2SpG9N8QPw@mail.gmail.com/T/#u
09:07:09 <wens> thanks. nothing more to report.
09:07:23 <iwamatsu> I reviewed 4.4.248 and 4.4.249-rc and I started reviewing 5.10.y, too.
09:07:24 <masashi910> wens: Oh, you are here. Sorry.
09:08:04 <masashi910> pav3l, iwamatsu, wens: Thanks for your works.
09:08:05 <wens> No worries, I am late.
09:08:24 <masashi910> Any other topics?
09:08:27 <wens> Someone from CodeThink is working correcting the debian import scripts for cip-kernel-sec
09:08:36 <wens> # https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/cip-kernel-sec/-/issues/7
09:08:53 <ebardie> I should have an MR for comments later today
09:08:54 <wens> I've added him/her as a developer to the repo.
09:09:17 <ebardie> (him)
09:09:30 <wens> ebardie: Thanks.
09:09:46 <masashi910> Thanks for this info.
09:10:02 <iwamatsu> I saw sudip was backporting some patches.
09:10:35 <sudip> mostly the failed patch mails by Greg and some of the old CVEs listed
09:10:36 <masashi910> Yeh, that's great!
09:10:58 <masashi910> sudip: Thanks!
09:11:27 <masashi910> Any other topics?
09:12:10 <masashi910> Chris-san, are you here?
09:12:36 <masashi910> #topic Kernel testing
09:13:19 <masashi910> are there any topics to be discussed without Chris-san?
09:13:36 <masashi910> Let's move on.
09:13:39 <masashi910> #topic CIP Security
09:13:46 <yoshidak[m]> Hi
09:14:01 <masashi910> yoshidak[m]: Hi!
09:14:16 <masashi910> yoshidak[m]: Thanks for your works!
09:14:24 <masashi910> yoshidak[m]: the floor is yours.
09:14:27 <yoshidak[m]> We finally completed the gap assessment for 4-1 and 4-2, and got the report.
09:15:14 <yoshidak[m]> Also we got the report for public, i.e. not mentioned about the contents of the norm, and I put it on our gitlab.
09:15:15 <yoshidak[m]> https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-security/iec_62443-4-x/-/tree/master/gap_assessment
09:15:46 <yoshidak[m]> That's all from me this week, thanks.
09:16:08 <masashi910> yoshidak[m]: Thanks!
09:16:51 <masashi910> To Kernel Team: Based on the report, we may discuss how to fill gaps, maybe next year.
09:17:13 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:17:30 <masashi910> 3
09:17:34 <masashi910> 2
09:17:38 <masashi910> 1
09:17:42 <masashi910> #topic AOB
09:17:52 <masashi910> So, about next meeting.
09:18:17 <masashi910> Next week is Dec 24. I thought we should skip. Any objections?
09:18:56 <masashi910> 5
09:18:59 <masashi910> 4
09:19:02 <masashi910> 3
09:19:05 <masashi910> 2
09:19:08 <masashi910> 1
09:19:20 <masashi910> I regard this as no objection.
09:19:27 <wens> Should we also skip Dec 31? Seeing it is a holiday in Japan?
09:19:58 <masashi910> wens: Yes, so I also propose to skip Dec 31 as well.
09:20:06 <pav3l> +1
09:20:10 <iwamatsu> +1
09:20:19 <yoshidak[m]> +1
09:20:26 <wens> :)
09:20:33 <masashi910> Thanks!
09:21:01 <masashi910> So, our next meeting should be Jan 6th. Is it OK?
09:21:41 <masashi910> No objections. Thanks.
09:21:48 <wens> I believe it is Jan 7th. :)
09:22:31 <masashi910> wens: Thanks! You are right. Next meeting is on Jan 7th!
09:22:52 <masashi910> Any other business?
09:23:07 <yoshidak[m]> I'll be absent because my company take a day off in the first week of January at the request of the government.
09:23:07 <yoshidak[m]> Then, I'll be back from Jan. 14th.
09:23:52 <masashi910> yoshidak[m]: Sure.
09:24:35 <masashi910> So this is the last IRC meeting this year. Thanks for your works this year, and wish you have a wonderful holiday season!
09:24:41 <masashi910> So I would like to close the meeting.
09:24:55 <masashi910> #endmeeting