09:00:01 <masashi910> #startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting
09:00:01 <brlogger> Meeting started Thu Nov 19 09:00:01 2020 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is masashi910. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
09:00:01 <brlogger> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
09:00:01 <brlogger> The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'
09:00:05 <masashi910> #topic rollcall
09:00:06 <masashi910> please say hi if you're around
09:00:14 <wens> hi
09:00:16 <ebardie> o/
09:00:17 <yoshidak[m]> hi
09:00:18 <pavelm> hi
09:00:33 <patersonc> hi
09:00:49 <masashi910> Today Iwamatsu-san is not here. I will share his status based on his cip-dev mail.
09:00:54 <masashi910> Let's get started.
09:01:00 <masashi910> #topic AI review
09:01:06 <masashi910> 1. Combine root filesystem with kselftest binary - iwamatsu
09:01:12 <masashi910> Quote from Iwamatsu-san "No update."
09:01:19 <masashi910> 2. Check whether CVE-2019-0145, CVE-2019-0147, CVE-2019-0148 needs to be backported to 4.4 - Kernel Team
09:01:26 <masashi910> == Quote from Iwamatsu-san ==
09:01:34 <masashi910> After IRC meeting, I checked stable ML. Ben was sending a patch for this issue.
09:01:41 <masashi910> https://lore.kernel.org/stable/f5e2e87fb1a9613b161e63cf5504cc375e095dbc.camel@codethink.co.uk/
09:01:47 <masashi910> I checked the contents of the patch, but the contents were the same as the patch I posted to this ML.
09:01:53 <masashi910> And these patches have been applied to stable tree, we can close this A.I.
09:01:59 <masashi910> ====
09:02:06 <masashi910> So, I will close this AI.
09:02:13 <masashi910> 3. Check whether SUNKBD is still used or not wrt CVE-2020-25669 - iwamatsu
09:02:20 <masashi910> I forgot to add this to AI list, but Iwamatsu-san already asked this to Jan-san.
09:02:27 <masashi910> https://lore.kernel.org/cip-dev/OSBPR01MB29831AC14AD65ADE956DFF3392E00@OSBPR01MB2983.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com/T/#u
09:02:34 <masashi910> And, Jan-san already responded by saying "Drop the config switch and ignore the issue" as follows.
09:02:41 <masashi910> https://lore.kernel.org/cip-dev/41fcecae-8dff-ca7c-1b07-2f8469ca7eba@siemens.com/T/#t
09:02:47 <masashi910> So, I will close this AI as well.
09:02:53 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:03:00 <masashi910> 3
09:03:03 <masashi910> 2
09:03:07 <masashi910> 1
09:03:10 <masashi910> #topic Kernel maintenance updates
09:03:16 <wens> Two new issues this week, both fixed. No work from CIP needed. In addition, fix for sunkbd issue is in Linus's tree now.
09:03:17 <masashi910> == Quote from Iwamatsu-san ==
09:03:24 <masashi910> I reviewed 4.4.244-rc1.
09:03:29 <masashi910> ====
09:03:44 <wens> I just pushed out cip-kernel-sec updates (forgot to do so last night)
09:03:46 <pavelm> I have reviewed patches queued for 4.19.158.
09:04:22 <masashi910> wens: for the record, I would like to refer your mail here :)
09:04:31 <masashi910> == Quote from Wens-san==
09:04:31 <masashi910> This week we have two new issues:
09:04:31 <masashi910> - CVE-2020-12912 [hwmon/amd_energy] - Fixed in relevant stable kernels
09:04:31 <masashi910> This driver was introduced in v5.8, so no members actually use it.
09:04:31 <masashi910> - CVE-2020-25705 [icmp global rate limiter / saddns] - Fixed in all stable kernels
09:04:32 <masashi910> In addition, the sunkbd issue from last week is now fixed in mainline.
09:04:32 <masashi910> Looks like it hasn't been selected for stable yet.
09:04:33 <masashi910> ====
09:04:50 <wens> masashi910: ok. Guess I don't need to speak then. :)
09:05:27 <masashi910> wens: No no. I really appreciated your sharing status beforehand.
09:06:20 <wens> I meant if you are quoting the email during the meeting, then I won't need to say everything again
09:06:22 <masashi910> wens: By writing here, the text is logged and can be viewed later.
09:06:51 <masashi910> wens: Well, either way :)
09:06:56 <wens> minor details :)
09:07:21 <masashi910> wens: Anyway, thanks for your works!
09:07:33 <masashi910> pavelm: Thanks for your works as well!
09:07:40 <pavelm> :-
09:07:43 <pavelm> :-)
09:07:56 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:08:07 <masashi910> 3
09:08:12 <masashi910> 2
09:08:15 <masashi910> 1
09:08:18 <masashi910> #topic Kernel testing
09:08:54 <masashi910> patersonc: the floor is yours.
09:08:55 <patersonc> Hello
09:09:08 <patersonc> I don't think I have any updates this week to share
09:09:53 <masashi910> patersonc: Noted. Thanks!
09:10:02 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:10:08 <masashi910> 3
09:10:12 <masashi910> 2
09:10:16 <masashi910> 1
09:10:19 <masashi910> #topic CIP Security
09:10:27 <masashi910> yoshidak[m]: the floor is yours.
09:11:02 <yoshidak[m]> We completed to review the security features for 4-2 security requirements.
09:11:35 <yoshidak[m]> Exida will issue the final report of the gap assessment for 4-2 around two weeks.
09:11:45 <yoshidak[m]> That's all from me this week.
09:11:55 <masashi910> yoshidak[m]: Thanks for sharing the status!
09:12:04 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:12:19 <masashi910> 3
09:12:23 <masashi910> 2
09:12:26 <masashi910> 1
09:12:30 <masashi910> #topic AOB
09:12:45 <masashi910> Are there any business to discuss?
09:13:08 <masashi910> If there are no topics, then, let's close the meeting.
09:13:15 <masashi910> #endmeeting