09:00:00 <masashi910> #startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting
09:00:00 <brlogger> Meeting started Thu Nov 12 09:00:00 2020 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is masashi910. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
09:00:00 <brlogger> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
09:00:00 <brlogger> The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'
09:00:03 <masashi910> #topic rollcall
09:00:11 <masashi910> please say hi if you're around
09:00:18 <pave1> hi
09:00:21 <iwamatsu> hi
09:00:23 <wens> hi
09:00:24 <patersonc> hi
09:00:27 <ebardie> hi
09:00:34 <yoshidak[m]> hi
09:00:37 <masashi910> Let's get started.
09:00:44 <masashi910> #topic AI review
09:00:50 <masashi910> 1. Combine root filesystem with kselftest binary - iwamatsu
09:01:21 <iwamatsu> I dont have a upodate about it.
09:01:30 <masashi910> iwamatsu: Noted. Thanks.
09:01:33 <masashi910> 2. Check whether CVE-2019-0145, CVE-2019-0147, CVE-2019-0148 needs to be backported to 4.4 - Kernel Team
09:01:41 <masashi910> Based on the discussion last week, I sent out an email to cip-dev saying that we are ignoring these patches.
09:01:48 <masashi910> Ben-san responded as follows.
09:01:56 <masashi910> https://lore.kernel.org/cip-dev/9c52fda6f710d3aad6fd9f781b33c4034dee4d10.camel@codethink.co.uk/T/#t
09:02:03 <masashi910> Iwamatsu-san prepared some patches to be reviewed by contributors from Intel.
09:02:08 <masashi910> iwamatsu: Thanks for your work. Could you proceed to ask them for patch reviews?
09:02:45 <iwamatsu> I dont have a upodate about it.
09:02:52 <iwamatsu> OK
09:03:03 <iwamatsu> oh sorry.
09:05:17 <masashi910> iwamatsu: Let me confirm. Is it OK for you to proceed your patches? As a first step is it to ask Intel contributors for their review?
09:06:02 <iwamatsu> masashi910: I will send patches with RFC.
09:06:36 <masashi910> iwamatsu: Thanks very much! Then, I will keep this AI open for a while. Thanks!
09:06:49 <masashi910> Any other topics?
09:07:03 <masashi910> 3
09:07:07 <masashi910> 2
09:07:10 <masashi910> 1
09:07:14 <masashi910> #topic Kernel maintenance updates
09:07:36 <pave1> I have reviewed patches queued for 4.19.156.
09:08:01 <iwamatsu> I reviewed 4.4.243 and 244-rc
09:08:08 <wens> I already sent out report to ML, but to summarize: 4 new issues this week, nothing needs to be done as far as CIP is concerned
09:08:44 <masashi910> pave1, iwamatsu, wens: Thanks for your works!
09:08:49 <wens> iwamatsu: we could consider removing SUNKBD from 4.4.y-cip-rt/x86/siemens_i386-rt.config. I doubt anyone is really using this.
09:09:58 <wens> this hardware is 20+ years old.
09:09:59 <iwamatsu> wens: I see. I will ask about this to Siemens.
09:10:04 <iwamatsu> haha
09:10:29 <wens> that's all from me
09:10:33 <pave1> Agreed. It would be nice if Siemens cleaned up their config. It seems they simply neabled everything.
09:10:36 <pave1> enabled.
09:11:13 <masashi910> wens, iwamatsu, pave1: Thanks. Hmmm.
09:11:37 <patersonc> pave1: It's a bit hard to predict what future customers would want supported though?
09:12:11 <pave1> patersonc: Well... Noone uses Sun keyboard. Certainly noone uses it for embedded project.
09:12:24 <pave1> Kernel has drivers for a lots of obsolete hardware.
09:12:29 <patersonc> heh fair enough ;)
09:12:52 <masashi910> Any other topics?
09:13:03 <masashi910> 3
09:13:08 <masashi910> 2
09:13:13 <masashi910> 1
09:13:16 <masashi910> #topic Kernel testing
09:13:50 <patersonc> Not a huge amount from me (as usual)
09:14:05 <patersonc> Tristan from Codethink has offered to help me out, which is great :)
09:14:20 <patersonc> So hopefully there will be some more movement in the coming weeks
09:14:47 <patersonc> Is anyone having any issues with the test infrastructure?
09:14:54 <patersonc> Any new requirements?
09:15:05 <pave1> patersonc: Well.. :-)
09:15:28 <pave1> Having green ticks for just the situation where the tests passed would be nice.
09:15:55 <pave1> As would be really starting realtime tests, including failures when latencies grow over 150usec on Altera board.
09:15:56 <patersonc> Yea. However I plan to use a KernelCI instance for that
09:15:57 <pave1> :-)
09:16:57 <pave1> Oh, btw.
09:17:24 <pave1> In future -rt team should start publishing prerelease versions of the -rt patches in git somewhere.
09:17:41 <pave1> It would be very good to test them, in a same way we test -stable.
09:17:54 <patersonc> Sure
09:18:26 <patersonc> Let me know when they start
09:18:59 <pave1> I hope they let me know :-). But yes, I believe I'll learn, eventually.
09:19:26 <masashi910> patersonc: That's great that Tristan-san joined to work on testing! Also, thanks for your works.
09:19:33 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:19:46 <masashi910> 3
09:19:49 <masashi910> 2
09:19:54 <masashi910> 1
09:19:57 <masashi910> #topic CIP Security
09:20:09 <yoshidak[m]> 1. Development process requirements
09:20:35 <yoshidak[m]> Requests to each working group regarding the development process are currently being summarized at SWG weekly meeting.
09:21:11 <yoshidak[m]> In some cases, a few questions have already been asked individually, but we will set up a meeting after completed to summarize, so please wait for a while.
09:21:20 <yoshidak[m]> 2. Security features gap assessment
09:21:51 <yoshidak[m]> No update today, because the review meeting w/ Exida that originally planned at the last Friday was skipped to this week.
09:21:58 <yoshidak[m]> That's all from me.
09:22:05 <masashi910> yoshidak[m]: Thanks for your works!
09:22:17 <masashi910> any queries?
09:22:32 <masashi910> 3
09:22:36 <masashi910> 2
09:22:40 <masashi910> 1
09:22:43 <masashi910> #topic AOB
09:22:55 <masashi910> Are there any business to discuss?
09:23:47 <masashi910> If there are no topics, then, let's close the meeting.
09:23:54 <masashi910> #endmeeting