09:00:01 <masashi910> #startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting
09:00:01 <brlogger`> Meeting started Thu Aug 20 09:00:01 2020 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is masashi910. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
09:00:01 <brlogger`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
09:00:01 <brlogger`> The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'
09:00:05 <masashi910> #topic rollcall
09:00:11 <masashi910> please say hi if you're around
09:00:12 <pave1> hi
09:00:13 <wens> hi
09:00:19 <suzuki> hi
09:00:20 <iwamatsu> hi
09:00:25 <fujita> hi
09:00:27 <samwilson_> hi
09:00:44 <masashi910> #topic AI review
09:00:50 <masashi910> 1. Combine root filesystem with kselftest binary - iwamatsu
09:01:00 <iwamatsu> no update
09:01:13 <masashi910> iwamatsu: Noted.
09:01:16 <masashi910> 2. Post LTP results to KernelCI - patersonc
09:01:45 <patersonc> Sorry. No updates
09:01:56 <masashi910> patersonc: Noted.
09:02:03 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:02:09 <masashi910> 3
09:02:12 <masashi910> 2
09:02:13 <masashi910> 1
09:02:15 <masashi910> #topic Kernel maintenance updates
09:02:27 <wens> two new issues these two weeks: CVE-2020-14353 (duplicate of CVE-2017-18270) and CVE-2020-14356. both are fixed and backported.
09:03:13 <wens> additionally, CVE-2019-16230 is now marked as not fixed. the original tracked fix was for another issue. however this issue is unlikely to be exploited.
09:03:39 <wens> the issue remains unfixed in the kernel though
09:03:56 <wens> this is within the radeon drm driver
09:03:57 <iwamatsu> I reviewed 4.4.233-rc1, and I worked for updating test image using isar and deby.
09:04:16 <pave1> I reviewed patches for 4.19.139 and 140, review for 141 continues.
09:04:42 <pave1> CVE-2019-16230: Whoever thinks allocating CVE for this is good idea ... is saboteur.
09:05:30 <pave1> There is ton of similar "issues". Attacker can not exploit them, they cause no harm in practice, and noone cares (nor should care).
09:06:29 <patersonc> :)
09:06:46 <masashi910> wens, iwamatsu, pave1: Thanks very much!
09:07:11 <masashi910> so, are there any other topics?
09:07:21 <masashi910> 3
09:07:25 <masashi910> 2
09:07:29 <masashi910> 1
09:07:32 <masashi910> #topic Kernel testing
09:07:36 <masashi910> patersonc: the floor is yours.
09:07:39 <patersonc> Hello
09:07:51 <patersonc> We now have lava multi-node working on lava-staging
09:07:59 <patersonc> AWS was blocking a port we needed
09:08:12 <patersonc> Venkata is working on the Security WG's test cases now
09:08:19 <patersonc> Although for some reason my lab is offline at the moment...
09:08:35 <patersonc> In other news, KernelCI is now building CIP's Kernels: https://kernelci.org/job/cip/
09:08:49 <wens> yay
09:09:06 <masashi910> patersonc: Great!
09:09:07 <patersonc> Although the callback from the CIP lava master > KernelCI has stopped working. So ironically you can't see the test results from our reference platforms :(
09:09:44 <masashi910> patersonc: Hmmm
09:09:45 <patersonc> I'll try and get time to look into it soon, but I'm a bit busy with other projects atm
09:09:54 <patersonc> And next week I'm on PTO
09:11:00 <patersonc> That's it from me
09:11:13 <masashi910> patersonc: Thanks for your works! It's good to know that KCI stuff is moving forward.
09:11:33 <masashi910> Any queries, or comments?
09:11:45 <masashi910> 3
09:11:49 <masashi910> 2
09:11:52 <masashi910> 1
09:11:53 <masashi910> #topic Software update
09:11:59 <masashi910> suzuki: the floor is yours.
09:12:01 <suzuki> Hello.
09:12:08 <suzuki> An issue which blocked our development has been fixed: https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-sw-updates/cip-sw-updates-tasks/-/issues/16
09:12:14 <suzuki> The cause of the bug was that isar changed a custom u-boot-tools not to be built by default.
09:12:21 <suzuki> That's it from me.
09:12:22 <masashi910> suzuki: Great!
09:12:35 <masashi910> suzuki: Thanks very much.
09:12:45 <masashi910> Any queries?
09:12:55 <masashi910> 3
09:13:00 <masashi910> 2
09:13:03 <masashi910> 1
09:13:06 <masashi910> #topic CIP Security
09:13:12 <masashi910> Yoshida-san or Dinesh-san, are you around?
09:13:16 <yoshidak[m]> Hi
09:13:34 <masashi910> Floor is yours.
09:13:39 <yoshidak[m]> No major update this week, but one thing.
09:14:28 <yoshidak[m]> Venkata sent a patch for kernel configuration to add nftable to QEMU. So please kindly review it.
09:14:38 <yoshidak[m]> That's all from us this week.
09:14:54 <yoshidak[m]> (Other tasks are in progress.)
09:15:03 <masashi910> yoshidak[m]: Thanks!
09:15:15 <masashi910> Any queries or comments?
09:15:30 <masashi910> 3
09:15:33 <masashi910> 2
09:15:37 <masashi910> 1
09:15:40 <masashi910> #topic AOB
09:15:48 <masashi910> Any business?
09:16:07 <masashi910> 3
09:16:12 <masashi910> 2
09:16:15 <masashi910> 1
09:16:18 <masashi910> #endmeeting