09:00:01 <masashi910> #startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting
09:00:01 <brlogger`> Meeting started Thu Jul 30 09:00:01 2020 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is masashi910. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
09:00:01 <brlogger`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
09:00:01 <brlogger`> The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'
09:00:05 <masashi910> #topic rollcall
09:00:10 <pave1> hi
09:00:13 <masashi910> please say hi if you're around
09:00:17 <iwamatsu> hi
09:00:30 <fujita> hi
09:00:37 <wens> hi
09:01:04 <masashi910> Suzuki-san, SZ-san, and maybe Chris-san are not joing this meeting.
09:01:13 <masashi910> #topic AI review
09:01:23 <masashi910> 1. Combine root filesystem with kselftest binary - iwamatsu
09:01:37 <iwamatsu> masashi910: No update about this.
09:01:42 <masashi910> Sure, thanks.
09:02:05 <masashi910> The remaining two actions are owned by Chris-san.
09:02:14 <masashi910> He mentioned he has no updates.
09:02:33 <masashi910> Sorry, I made a mistake.
09:02:46 <masashi910> 3. Email Kernel team/cip-dev about patchwork usage - patersonc
09:02:51 <masashi910> Chris-san has already sent out an email as follows.
09:02:58 <masashi910> https://lore.kernel.org/cip-dev/OSAPR01MB238534DE1045DDA72E9C7548B7760@OSAPR01MB2385.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com/
09:03:05 <masashi910> So, I will close this AI.
09:03:12 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:03:20 <masashi910> 3
09:03:23 <masashi910> 2
09:03:26 <masashi910> 1
09:03:28 <masashi910> #topic Kernel maintenance updates
09:04:21 <pave1> I have reviewed patches for 4.19.135; also new 4.4-cip-rt was published, and I submitted some of cleanups noticed during reviews to mainline.
09:04:39 <wens> one new CVE this week in vgacon; a fix was included with the report, but no sign of it in tree or on the kernel mailing lists AFAICT
09:04:52 <iwamatsu> I reviewed 4.4.231
09:05:21 <iwamatsu> The CVE patches for xfs that I backported was applied today.
09:05:44 <masashi910> Pavel-san, Wens-san, Iwamatsu-san, thanks for your reports.
09:06:19 <masashi910> Wens-san, how do you treat that CVE?
09:07:16 <wens> masashi910: the fix was included in the report on openwall; I haven't see any trace of it in linux-next yet
09:07:31 <iwamatsu> About patchwork, I checked and updated it sometime.
09:07:50 <pave1> wens: Do we have CVE # or something to google for?
09:08:45 <wens> CVE-2020-14331
09:08:51 <pave1> Thanks!
09:09:12 <masashi910> Wens-san, thanks.
09:09:34 <wens> looks like a fix was posted
09:09:46 <masashi910> Great!
09:10:19 <pave1> Fix seems simple: https://lists.openwall.net/linux-kernel/2020/07/29/234
09:11:02 <masashi910> Iwamatsu-san, patchwork stuff was a topic of the last IRC meeting. So, Chris-san sent out an inquiry. If you can share your thoughts by responding to his mail, that would be great!
09:11:29 <wens> same patch as pavel on lore: https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20200729070249.20892-1-jslaby@suse.cz/
09:11:40 <iwamatsu> Yes, I am writing Email about it.
09:11:55 <masashi910> iwamatsu: Thanks!
09:12:04 <wens> further discussion seemed to say that it didn't fix the issue, and the original fix (which was sent to the wrong ML) was better
09:13:00 <pave1> wens: ok, sounds like fun :-). Do you have pointer  to that one?
09:13:32 <wens> pave1: https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20200713110445.553974-1-yangyingliang@huawei.com/
09:13:47 <masashi910> wens: shall I set up an AI to track this CVE so that we can check the status next week?
09:15:28 <wens> I don't think so. Ubuntu is already tracking it.
09:15:47 <masashi910> wens: Ok.
09:16:23 <masashi910> So, any other topics today?
09:16:30 <pave1> wens: Thank you!
09:16:45 <masashi910> 3
09:16:51 <masashi910> 2
09:16:54 <masashi910> 1
09:16:55 <wens> pave1: that one didn't seem to be the one that was asked for, but some emails are missing from the thread :(
09:17:30 <masashi910> #topic Kernel testing
09:17:31 <wens> masashi910: sorry, nothing further
09:17:49 <masashi910> Wens-san, thanks any way.
09:18:12 <masashi910> I got a message from Chris-san that he has no updates.
09:18:19 <masashi910> Any other topics?
09:18:34 <masashi910> 3
09:18:37 <masashi910> 2
09:18:41 <masashi910> 1
09:18:44 <masashi910> #topic Software update
09:19:02 <masashi910> == Quote from Suzuki-san ==
09:19:09 <masashi910> SW Updates WG still work on supporting HTTPS connection between SWUpdate and hawkBit.
09:19:16 <masashi910> https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-sw-updates/cip-sw-updates-tasks/-/issues/8
09:19:22 <masashi910> ====
09:19:29 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:19:38 <masashi910> 3
09:19:41 <masashi910> 2
09:19:44 <masashi910> 1
09:19:47 <masashi910> #topic CIP Security
09:20:09 <masashi910> I got a message from Yoshida-san saying that he has no significant updates.
09:20:34 <masashi910> Now, the discussion with Exida started. As we make a progress, we will share.
09:20:41 <masashi910> Any other topics?
09:20:56 <masashi910> 3
09:21:00 <masashi910> 2
09:21:03 <masashi910> 1
09:21:07 <masashi910> #topic AOB
09:21:33 <masashi910> Any discussion?
09:22:18 <masashi910> If there is no topics or discussions, I would like to adjourn the meeting.
09:22:27 <masashi910> #endmeeting