09:00:04 <masashi910> #startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting
09:00:04 <brlogger`> Meeting started Thu Jul  2 09:00:04 2020 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is masashi910. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
09:00:04 <brlogger`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
09:00:04 <brlogger`> The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'
09:00:09 <masashi910> #topic rollcall
09:00:15 <masashi910> please say hi if you're around
09:00:24 <suzuki> hi
09:00:49 <pavelm> hi
09:01:10 <masashi910> Wow, only three including me.
09:01:19 <masashi910> Let's start.
09:01:26 <masashi910> #topic AI review
09:01:34 <masashi910> #topic AI review
09:01:46 <masashi910> Iwamatsu-san, are you there?
09:02:07 <wens> hi
09:02:22 <masashi910> There are action items assigned to Chris-san and Iwamatsu-san.
09:02:40 <masashi910> Both of them are not here, let's skip this session.
09:02:51 <masashi910> #topic Kernel maintenance updates
09:03:07 <pavelm> I have reviewed patches pending for 4.19.130 and .131.
09:03:20 <pavelm> I'll be travelling next week.
09:03:54 <pavelm> I guess IRC meeting was a bit of surprise, as "everyone" expected to meet on the conference later today.
09:04:56 <wens> for last week, there were 4 new CVEs, two are waiting for fixes, one is fixed, the last is RHEL specific; this week there are 3 new ones, one might be bogus, the other two are fixed in mainline (no backports yet)
09:05:01 <masashi910> pavelm: Ah. I see. In future, I will cancel IRC meeting during the event.
09:05:55 <szlin> sorry for being late
09:06:08 <masashi910> wens: Thanks for your work.
09:07:12 <pavelm> wens: If the new ones look relevant, I guess I can try to help with backporting.
09:08:06 <pavelm> I'm thinking about 4.19-rt kernel release. There's no suitable upstream rt to base it on.
09:08:32 <pavelm> Latest -rt is 4.19.127-rt54, and -cip is already on v4.19.130-cip29.
09:08:50 <pavelm> (and there was no 4.19.127 -cip release).
09:09:53 <masashi910> pavelm: you mean, the releases of 4.19-rt is in some how slow or staggered?
09:10:28 <pavelm> They are quite slow, yes.
09:10:54 <pavelm> I can do release based on 4.19.127-rt54-cip27.
09:11:07 <wens> pavelm: they don't seem relevant
09:11:26 <pavelm> wens: Thanks, lets make someone else do the work, then :-).
09:11:37 <wens> one is for nf_conntrack_h263; the other is usbtest :)
09:12:23 <masashi910> Iwamatsu-san and Chris-san are acting as contacts for RT Patch project. To push the project through them might be one approach.
09:14:13 <masashi910> Shall we discuss this offline via email?
09:14:22 <pavelm> Yes, that makes sense.
09:14:31 <masashi910> pavelm: Thanks.
09:14:39 <masashi910> Shall we move on?
09:14:50 <masashi910> 3
09:14:53 <masashi910> 2
09:14:56 <masashi910> 1
09:15:00 <masashi910> #topic Kernel testing
09:15:07 <masashi910> Chris-san is not here let's skip.
09:15:16 <masashi910> #topic Software update
09:15:23 <masashi910> suzuki: the floor is yours.
09:15:31 <suzuki> Hello
09:15:38 <suzuki> In this week, Mohammed got interested in one of the SW Updates WG's tasks.
09:15:45 <suzuki> He will work on fixing a bug reported at https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-sw-updates/cip-sw-updates-tasks/-/issues/14 to learn about current software update mechanism.
09:15:52 <suzuki> That's it from me.
09:16:14 <masashi910> suzuki: That's a good news! Thanks for your update.
09:16:33 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:16:37 <masashi910> 3
09:16:40 <masashi910> 2
09:16:42 <masashi910> 1
09:16:45 <masashi910> #topic CIP Security
09:17:04 <masashi910> Yoshida-san, or Dinesh-san are you there?
09:17:21 <masashi910> So let's skip.
09:17:29 <masashi910> #topic AOB
09:17:50 <masashi910> At the TSC last Friday, I took some action items regarding next SLTS kernel release. I will work on them next week.
09:18:13 <masashi910> Are there any other business matters to discuss?
09:18:27 <pavelm> I just want to make sure..
09:18:49 <masashi910> pavelm: please.
09:19:45 <pavelm> The CIP presentations today are for 1.5h
09:19:55 <pavelm> ...and usual conference software will be used for them,
09:20:17 <pavelm> ...so it will be video downstream and text interface upstream?
09:20:55 <masashi910> pavelm: That should be same as other sessions.
09:21:12 <pavelm> Ok, thanks for confirmation.
09:21:12 <szlin> pavelm: yes
09:21:17 <masashi910> pavelm: and I think yes.
09:22:30 <masashi910> pavelm: Do you have any concerns?
09:22:56 <masashi910> pavelm: I see.
09:23:01 <pavelm> Not really, lets see how well it will work.
09:23:48 <masashi910> pavelm: OK thanks.
09:24:09 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:24:21 <masashi910> 3
09:24:24 <masashi910> 2
09:24:27 <masashi910> 1
09:24:28 <masashi910> #endmeeting