09:00:00 <masashi910> #startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting
09:00:00 <brlogger> Meeting started Thu Jun 11 09:00:00 2020 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is masashi910. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
09:00:00 <brlogger> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
09:00:00 <brlogger> The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'
09:00:05 <masashi910> #topic rollcall
09:00:13 <masashi910> please say hi if you're around
09:00:17 <iwamatsu> hi
09:00:20 <suzuki> hi
09:00:23 <wens> hi
09:00:28 <fujita3> hi
09:00:37 <patersonc> hello
09:00:55 <bwh> hi
09:01:00 <masashi910> #topic AI review
09:01:09 <masashi910> 1. Combine root filesystem with kselftest binary - Iwamatsu-san
09:01:19 <szlin> hi
09:01:42 <iwamatsu> no update
09:01:52 <masashi910> iwamatsu: Noted. Thanks.
09:02:03 <masashi910> 2. Strengthen sustainable process to backport patches from Mainline/LTS - Kernel Team
09:02:12 <masashi910> Just for your information, but LTS4.19 was decided to be maintained for 6 years.
09:02:19 <masashi910> https://www.kernel.org/category/releases.html
09:02:28 <masashi910> 3. Upload a guideline for reference hardware platform addition - masashi910
09:02:34 <masashi910> No updates this week.
09:02:40 <masashi910> 4.  Post LTP results to KernelCI - patersonc
09:02:53 <patersonc> I'm discussing how to go about this with KernelCI now
09:03:32 <masashi910> patersonc: That's great! Please let us know how the discussion goes.
09:03:49 <masashi910> 5. Ask board owners to review reference platform configs to optimize backporting - masashi910
09:03:58 <masashi910> Regarding "XDP sockets enabled for Hitachi cyclonev", I confirmed that Hitachi does not use XDP on cyclonev at the latest TSC call.
09:04:08 <masashi910> So far, I haven't received any backporting requests relating to "CVE related to KVM SVM on x86".
09:04:17 <masashi910> Regarding a request to review the current configs to optimize backporting, I sent the following email to cip-dev. Due date is June 25th.
09:04:26 <masashi910> https://lore.kernel.org/cip-dev/TY2PR01MB497253E7217AED2CA0952E47A0850@TY2PR01MB4972.jpnprd01.prod.outlook.com/
09:04:49 <masashi910> 6.  Check CVE and Patch, Bluetooth BAIS attack (CVE-2020-10135) - Iwamatsu-san
09:05:17 <iwamatsu> No update for this.
09:05:31 <masashi910> iwamatsu: Thanks.
09:05:42 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:05:49 <masashi910> 3
09:05:52 <masashi910> 2
09:05:54 <masashi910> 1
09:05:55 <masashi910> #topic Kernel maintenance updates
09:06:04 <iwamatsu> I found some POCs and patches for older kernels, but I haven't verified them yet.
09:07:03 <wens> four CVEs this week, two fixed, two need backporting
09:07:04 <iwamatsu> I reviewed v4.4.227. and I sent some patches for 4.4.y kernel.
09:07:35 <wens> CVE-2019-20810 is memory leak in some ALSA driver
09:07:56 <szlin> wens: does any member enable ALSA?
09:08:07 <wens> CVE-2020-10757 is mm / DAX related and needs backport to 4.9 and 4.14
09:08:28 <wens> szlin: I haven't check that, but it's some odd device, chances are it isn't used
09:10:09 <iwamatsu> 20810 is  go7007 device issue.
09:10:34 <iwamatsu> This device is USB sound controller.
09:10:45 <szlin> wens: thanks, I guess no member needs it.
09:10:52 <wens> looks like no member enables the driver. I will update our records
09:11:51 <wens> DAX is enabled for a few x86 members
09:12:48 <wens> but cip branches are already covered
09:12:57 <bwh> I seriously doubt they're using it though (that means NVDIMMs)
09:13:44 <wens> depends on what their servers are I suppose
09:14:00 <wens> another thing to add to the kconfig checklist :)
09:14:29 <masashi910> iwamatsu, wens, szlin, bwh: Thanks for your works and discussions.
09:14:46 <masashi910> wens: I will add this. :)
09:14:53 <wens> there's also the recent Intel issue, not included in this weeks updates, but patches are already on stable ML
09:15:20 <wens> those will be part of next week's update :)
09:15:39 <masashi910> wens: could you show the CVE number?
09:15:50 <wens> I haven't checked
09:16:00 <masashi910> wens: I see. Thanks.
09:16:11 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:16:18 <wens> it's CVE-2020-0543, according to Intel. # https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/security-center/advisory/intel-sa-00320.html
09:16:27 <masashi910> wens: Oh, thanks!
09:17:17 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:17:30 <masashi910> 3
09:17:33 <masashi910> 2
09:17:35 <masashi910> 1
09:17:38 <masashi910> #topic Kernel testing
09:17:44 <masashi910> patersonc: the floor is yours.
09:18:01 <patersonc> Thanks
09:18:40 <patersonc> I merged changes into linux-cip-pipelines that allow the maintainers to compare -rebase branches to check that their content is identical to the normal branches
09:19:14 <patersonc> That's about it for changes since Tuesday
09:19:34 <masashi910> patersonc: Thanks for your update!
09:19:35 <patersonc> pave1: have you been using the RT tests?
09:20:08 <masashi910> patersonc: I doubt Pavel-san is here.
09:20:41 <patersonc> okay
09:20:59 <masashi910> any other topics or queries?
09:21:09 <masashi910> 3
09:21:12 <masashi910> 2
09:21:13 <masashi910> 1
09:21:16 <masashi910> #topic Software update
09:21:26 <suzuki> Hello.
09:21:32 <suzuki> I don't have major updates this week.
09:21:39 <suzuki> An external script cip-sw-update-demo repository uses has been changed and its build is now failing. So I'm fixing it.
09:21:48 <suzuki> After that, I'll work on the task which is to add a safe update demo to cip-sw-updates-demo repository: https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-sw-updates/cip-sw-updates-tasks/-/issues/4
09:21:54 <suzuki> That's it from me.
09:22:11 <masashi910> suzuki: Thanks for your updates.
09:22:26 <szlin> I've fixed autopkgtest issue, and merged version 2020.04-1 on swupdate
09:22:34 <szlin> #info https://salsa.debian.org/debian/swupdate
09:22:49 <masashi910> szlin: Thanks!
09:22:58 <szlin> iwamatsu: there're some issues need to fix
09:23:37 <szlin> copyright correction and salsa CI testing.
09:23:50 <iwamatsu> szlin; oh, sorry. I did not check it. I will check..
09:24:03 <szlin> iwamatsu: no worry
09:24:37 <szlin> I'm swamped with work recently, feel free to fix it if you're available
09:24:58 <masashi910> Let me add this to AI. :)
09:24:58 <iwamatsu> OK
09:25:03 <szlin> #info https://salsa.debian.org/debian/swupdate/pipelines/145007
09:25:30 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:25:41 <masashi910> 3
09:25:44 <masashi910> 2
09:25:48 <masashi910> 1
09:25:51 <masashi910> #topic CIP Security
09:26:00 <masashi910> yoshidak[m]: the floor is yours.
09:26:51 <masashi910> Ah, sorry, but he already reported.
09:27:16 <masashi910> <yoshidak[m]> masashi910: Sorry, but I cannot attend the meeting today.
09:27:17 <masashi910> <yoshidak[m]> From security wg, the following is report from me this week:
09:27:17 <masashi910> <yoshidak[m]> The proposal that the security wg will create a public repository on gitlab have been approved, thus I'll share the test report on it. I'll announce it via cip-dev ML after done.
09:27:34 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:27:43 <masashi910> 3
09:27:46 <masashi910> 2
09:27:48 <masashi910> 1
09:27:51 <masashi910> #topic AOB
09:28:53 <masashi910> Are there any business matters to discuss?
09:29:04 <masashi910> 3
09:29:07 <masashi910> 2
09:29:11 <masashi910> 1
09:29:13 <masashi910> #endmeeting