09:00:00 <masashi910> #startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting
09:00:00 <brlogger> Meeting started Thu May 28 09:00:00 2020 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is masashi910. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
09:00:00 <brlogger> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
09:00:00 <brlogger> The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'
09:00:06 <masashi910> #topic rollcall
09:00:08 <iwamatsu> Hi
09:00:14 <wens> hi
09:00:31 <suzuki35> hi
09:00:32 <patersonc> hi
09:01:00 <masashi910> #topic AI review
09:01:01 <pav31> hi
09:01:06 <fujita3> hi
09:01:10 <masashi910> 1. Combine root filesystem with kselftest binary - Iwamatsu-san
09:01:37 <iwamatsu> No update
09:01:48 <masashi910> iwamatsu: Noted. Thanks.
09:02:01 <masashi910> 2. Strengthen sustainable process to backport patches from Mainline/LTS - Kernel Team
09:02:11 <masashi910> At the TSC call on 5/28, I announced that I will send a request mail that configs of reference platforms should be reviewed by board owners.
09:02:18 <masashi910> I will send the mail by the next IRC meeting.
09:02:26 <masashi910> 3. Upload a guideline for reference hardware platform addition - masashi910
09:02:34 <masashi910> No updates this week.
09:02:42 <masashi910> 4.  Post LTP results to KernelCI - patersonc
09:03:23 <patersonc> No updates
09:03:24 <masashi910> patersonc: do you have any aupdate?
09:03:35 <masashi910> patersonc: Noted. Thanks.
09:03:43 <masashi910> 5. Ask board owners to review reference platform configs to optimize backporting - masashi910
09:03:51 <masashi910> Jan-san responded to my inquiry. Waiting for other responses.
09:03:58 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:04:06 <masashi910> 3
09:04:07 <masashi910> 2
09:04:10 <masashi910> 1
09:04:11 <masashi910> #topic Kernel maintenance updates
09:04:38 <pav31> I have reviewed 4.19.125.
09:04:55 <wens> five CVEs during the past two weeks: two are fixed in all stable branches except 3.16, other three don't have fixes yet
09:05:05 <iwamatsu> I reviewed v4.4.225
09:05:40 <pav31> wens: Should I take a look at any of the CVEs?
09:06:03 <wens> pav31: no, the remaining three don't have fixes in mainline yet (one is WiP, other two are MIA)
09:06:37 <pav31> wens: Ok. (If it was something really critical, I guess we can fix the mainline, too...)
09:07:00 <masashi910> pav31, wens, iwamatsu: Thanks for your works.
09:07:25 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:07:35 <masashi910> 3
09:07:36 <jki> pav31: Could you push the missing v4.19.120-cip25-rt10 tag, please?
09:07:38 <masashi910> 2
09:07:56 <pav31> jki: Ok, will take a look :-)
09:08:11 <jki> pending issue for weeks, unfortunately
09:08:15 <jki> see all ML
09:08:22 <jki> s/all/also/
09:08:45 <masashi910> thanks.
09:08:56 <masashi910> any other issues or topics?
09:09:05 <masashi910> 3
09:09:08 <masashi910> 2
09:09:12 <masashi910> 1
09:09:15 <masashi910> #topic Kernel testing
09:09:22 <masashi910> patersonc: the floor is yours.
09:09:48 <patersonc> Nothing from me really this week. Unless anyone had any comments on adding more boards to the lava labs?
09:09:49 <patersonc> Or any complaints etc.?
09:10:32 <wens> pav31: missing are related to 1. vfio (CVE-2020-12888, 2.
09:10:36 <wens> oops
09:11:22 <masashi910> patersonc: Cybertrust is currently placing one MPSoC in our lab. But, we don't have a plan to add more.
09:11:34 <patersonc> Okay
09:12:20 <masashi910> patersonc: Thanks.
09:12:29 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:12:39 <masashi910> 3
09:12:42 <masashi910> 2
09:12:43 <masashi910> 1
09:12:45 <masashi910> #topic Software update
09:13:11 <masashi910> suzuk35i: the floor is yours.
09:13:16 <suzuki35> Hello.
09:13:23 <suzuki35> I've finished the task which is to clean SWUpdate branch on isar-cip-core: https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-sw-updates/cip-sw-updates-tasks/-/issues/3
09:13:30 <suzuki35> Next, I'll work on the task which is to add the safe update demo to the demo repostitory: https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-sw-updates/cip-sw-updates-tasks/-/issues/4
09:13:34 <suzuki35> That's it from me.
09:13:53 <masashi910> suzuki35: Thanks for your works.
09:14:32 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:14:42 <masashi910> 3
09:14:45 <masashi910> 2
09:14:47 <masashi910> 1
09:14:49 <masashi910> #topic CIP Security
09:15:15 <yoshidak[m]> hi
09:15:43 <masashi910> yoshidak[m]: the floor is yours.
09:16:02 <yoshidak[m]> We have completed executing all test cases for identified packages for security samples.
09:16:37 <yoshidak[m]> We'll send the report of the result for it to the ML, soon.
09:16:46 <yoshidak[m]> That's it from me this week.
09:17:05 <masashi910> yoshidak[m]: Thanks for your works.
09:17:24 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:17:33 <masashi910> 3
09:17:36 <masashi910> 2
09:17:41 <masashi910> 1
09:17:42 <masashi910> #topic AOB
09:17:49 <masashi910> Are there any business matters to discuss?
09:17:54 <wens> pav31: missing fixes are related to 1. vfio (CVE-2020-12888), 2. NFS client (CVE-2020-10742) and 3. Bluetooth BAIS attack (CVE-2020-10690)
09:18:13 <pav31> wens: Thanks!
09:18:19 <wens> pav31: IIRC someone mentioned on ML that Linux isn't affected by BAIS
09:18:30 <wens> pav31: vfio has fix in the works
09:18:55 <wens> pav31: so you might want to look at the NFS one? cip-kernel-sec has comments about incorrect fix or cause
09:19:13 <pav31> wens: Yes, let me take a look at the NFS stuff.
09:19:35 <wens> in other news, I will be taking over MOXA's effort to backport patches from mainline to cip kernel
09:20:02 <wens> I've replied to the original submission from Johnson mentioning my plans to do this
09:20:46 <masashi910> wens: That's great!
09:21:36 <iwamatsu> wens: OK, I will take th BAIS attack (CVE-2020-10690).
09:22:50 <masashi910> so let me summarize.
09:23:31 <masashi910> 1: fix in the works, 2: Pavel-san to take a look, 3: Iwamatsu-san to take a look.
09:23:35 <masashi910> Is it correct.
09:23:44 <masashi910> ?
09:24:52 <iwamatsu> CVE-2020-10690 is already fixed.
09:25:33 <pav31> Well, CVE-2020-10690 is not Bluetooth BAIS related (but ptp?) according to my searches.
09:25:56 <wens> sorry, wrong number..... it is CVE-2020-10135
09:26:55 <iwamatsu> wens: thanks, this has not been fixed in all LTS yet.
09:29:14 <masashi910> thanks for these discussions. any other topics or issues?
09:29:21 <wens> that's all from me
09:29:45 <masashi910> wens: Thanks for triggering the discussion.
09:29:54 <masashi910> 3
09:29:57 <masashi910> 2
09:30:00 <masashi910> 1
09:30:02 <masashi910> #endmeeting