09:00:01 <masashi910> #startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting
09:00:01 <brlogger> Meeting started Thu May  7 09:00:01 2020 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is masashi910. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
09:00:01 <brlogger> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
09:00:01 <brlogger> The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'
09:00:07 <masashi910> #topic rollcall
09:00:13 <masashi910> please say hi if you're around
09:00:14 <szlin> hi
09:00:19 <suzuki> hi
09:00:26 <patersonc> hi
09:00:31 <bwh> hi
09:00:32 <pavel1> hi
09:01:01 <masashi910> #topic AI review
09:01:11 <masashi910> 1. Combine root filesystem with kselftest binary - Iwamatsu-san
09:01:22 <masashi910> iwamatsu: are you around?
09:01:28 <wens> hi
09:02:08 <masashi910> Iwamatsu-san does not seem to be here. So let's skip.
09:02:34 <masashi910> Regarding the following AIs, I have no updates.
09:02:43 <masashi910> 2. Strengthen sustainable process to backport patches from Mainline/LTS - Kernel Team
09:02:53 <masashi910> 3. Upload a guideline for reference hardware platform addition - masashi910
09:03:04 <masashi910> So, let's move to next.
09:03:13 <masashi910> #topic Kernel maintenance updates
09:03:42 <pavel1> I have reviewed 4.19.120 and 4.19.121.
09:03:57 <wens> new CVEs this week all fixed
09:04:55 <masashi910> pavel1, wens: thanks for your works.
09:05:16 <masashi910> All, I would like to know your opinions on two topics.
09:05:28 <masashi910> 1'st topic.
09:05:41 <masashi910> SZ-san fixed the issue of mirroring, and now, the CIP kernel(1) and CIP-kernel-sec(2) repositories  in github are up-to-date.
09:05:48 <masashi910> Regarding the CIP kernel, the current structure is like the following according to SZ-san.
09:05:59 <masashi910> Main: kerne.org,  Mirror1: our gitlab repository, Mirror2: the above mirror site (1)
09:06:04 <masashi910> So, we may not need two mirror sites because maitenance cost should be considered.
09:06:17 <masashi910> Do you think we can stop Mirror2?
09:07:02 <pavel1> I guess so. We have local copies, anyway, so...
09:07:14 <pavel1> ...in case of something catastrophic, we can recreate.
09:07:32 <szlin> second
09:07:49 <masashi910> pavel1, szlin: Thanks for your comments!
09:08:20 <masashi910> So, in order to stop it, should we ask Yoshi-san?
09:08:42 <patersonc> I guess ask in the TSC?
09:08:52 <szlin> masashi910: how about notifing everyone in the TSC meeting
09:09:13 <szlin> s/notifing/notifying
09:09:52 <masashi910> patersonc, szlin: Thanks. Yes, that's reasonable. I will raise this in TSC meeting.
09:09:59 <szlin> masashi910: thank you.
09:10:09 <masashi910> szlin: thanks!
09:10:16 <masashi910> so, 2nd topic.
09:10:24 <masashi910> Currently Chris-san is running LTP on the CIP reference platforms, but the outputs of LTP are not deeply examined as I understand correctly.
09:10:33 <masashi910> It is time-consuming to check outputs of LTP, so it may be difficult to handle them on volunteer-basis.
09:10:43 <masashi910> Do you think it makes sense to raise this issue to TSC and GB to allocate budget to hire engineers to check them?
09:10:52 <patersonc> masashi910: I've spoken to KernelCI about this a bit if you want an update now?
09:11:07 <masashi910> patersonc: Yes please.
09:11:34 <patersonc> They don't currently have LTP running, but it is something they want to do. So I suggest we work with them seeing as we're members of the project.
09:12:13 <patersonc> With regards to checking the results, this is something that KernelCI can already do automatically, notifying users if there are any test regressions for individual test cases
09:12:22 <patersonc> Which is basically what we want
09:12:52 <patersonc> So we could start registering our results to kernelci.org, or maybe a CIP speicifc instance, and we can keep better track of results there
09:14:22 <patersonc> Does that sound okay?
09:14:25 <masashi910> patersonc: So, your idea is to ask kernelCI team to check results?
09:15:20 <patersonc> Well, the results would be checked automatically using KernelCI's s/w. We'd just need to check our emails
09:15:58 <pavel1> Sounds reasonable to me.
09:16:11 <masashi910> patersonc: Oh, I misunderstood. Do they have such automatic checking s/w?
09:16:26 <patersonc> Yes. It's already used for other test cases
09:17:29 <masashi910> patersonc: I see. Then, shall we start registering our LTP results to kernelCI?
09:18:01 <patersonc> I'll start working on some kind of integration with KernelCi later in the month
09:18:36 <masashi910> patersonc: That's great! Thanks for checking with KernelCI and for your proposal!
09:19:01 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:19:12 <masashi910> 3
09:19:15 <masashi910> 2
09:19:17 <masashi910> 1
09:19:19 <masashi910> #topic Kernel testing
09:19:38 <masashi910> patersonc: the floor is yours.
09:20:00 <patersonc> I've been discussing how we can collaborate more with KernelCI.
09:20:15 <patersonc> I've also been working to upgrade our LAVA servers to the latest version of LAVA/lava-docker.
09:20:36 <patersonc> I'm hoping to upgrade the master and slaves next week, so there will likely be some downtime for a day or so on Wednesday.
09:20:53 <patersonc> (if the lab admins are okay with this)
09:21:03 <patersonc> Would this cause any issues for anyone wanting to use the CI for testing?
09:22:11 <masashi910> patersonc: looks like it's ok :)
09:22:28 <patersonc> :)
09:22:33 <patersonc> That's it from me I think
09:22:49 <masashi910> patersonc: thanks for your works.
09:23:00 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:23:09 <masashi910> 3
09:23:11 <masashi910> 2
09:23:14 <masashi910> 1
09:23:16 <masashi910> #topic CIP Core
09:23:38 <masashi910> Daniel-san, or Punit-san, are you around?
09:24:01 <masashi910> OK, let's move on.
09:24:08 <masashi910> #topic Software update
09:24:19 <suzuki> Hello.
09:24:20 <masashi910> Suzuki-san, please.
09:24:25 <suzuki> I don't have major updates since last meeting because of national holidays.
09:24:31 <suzuki> That's it from me.
09:24:56 <masashi910> suzuki: Noted. thanks for joining the IRC anyway.
09:25:15 <masashi910> #topic CIP Security
09:25:43 <masashi910> Yoshida-san is not here. So, let's skip.
09:25:49 <masashi910> #topic AOB
09:25:55 <masashi910> Are there any business matters to discuss?
09:26:12 <patersonc> OSS-NA tickets are available
09:26:17 <patersonc> It's online only now
09:26:31 <patersonc> I think CIP members can get 20% off, so only $40
09:27:35 <masashi910> patersonc: thanks for this information.
09:27:47 <masashi910> Then, from me.
09:28:00 <masashi910> I have a session at OSS-NA.
09:28:07 <masashi910> https://ossna2020.sched.com/event/c3VM/cip-kernel-team-activities-to-accomplish-super-long-term-support-masashi-kudo-cybertrust-japan-co-ltd-sz-lin-moxa-inc?iframe=yes&w=100%&sidebar=yes&bg=no#
09:28:41 <masashi910> In order to create material for it, I may ask your help.
09:28:50 <masashi910> It's heads-up. :)
09:29:09 <masashi910> Any other business?
09:29:28 <masashi910> 3
09:29:31 <masashi910> 2
09:29:33 <masashi910> 1
09:29:36 <masashi910> #endmeeting