09:00:02 <masashi910> #startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting
09:00:02 <brlogger`> Meeting started Thu Jan 16 09:00:02 2020 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is masashi910. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
09:00:02 <brlogger`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
09:00:02 <brlogger`> The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'
09:00:11 <masashi910> #topic rollcall
09:00:17 <pave1> hi
09:00:18 <masashi910> please say hi if you're around
09:00:37 <fujita3> hi
09:01:08 <masashi910> #topic AI review
09:01:18 <masashi910> 1. Combine rootfilesystem with kselftest binary - Iwamatsu-san
09:01:26 <masashi910> == Quote from Iwamatsu-san ==
09:01:33 <masashi910> I tested on LAVA. But not finished.
09:01:40 <masashi910> https://lava.ciplatform.org/scheduler/job/9499
09:01:47 <masashi910> ====
09:01:54 <masashi910> I keep this AI open.
09:02:01 <masashi910> 2. Document a process on how to add tests to the CIP test setup - patersonc
09:02:15 <masashi910> patersonc: are you around?
09:02:35 <pave1> It seems that there's just three of us here.
09:02:50 <masashi910> pave1: right...
09:02:52 <patersonc> I'm in traffic
09:02:55 <bwh> (hi))
09:03:02 <masashi910> patersonc: Hi!
09:03:07 <patersonc> 15 mins I'll be online
09:03:13 <masashi910> bwh: Hi!
09:03:16 <patersonc> Sorry
09:03:51 <masashi910> patersonc: I see. Then, I will revisit your topics later.
09:04:02 <masashi910> 3. Arrangement of F2F Kernel Meeting in Nuremberg - masashi910
09:04:13 <masashi910> https://doodle.com/poll/73if9scwqrh5ge38
09:04:41 <masashi910> I keep this doodle poll open for a while, so, please fill your preference if you are interested in joining.
09:05:06 <masashi910> If you would like to attend remotely, please also let me know.
09:05:17 <masashi910> 4. Add config for qemux86-64 and BBB to both 4.4 and 4.19 - Iwamatsu-san
09:05:29 <masashi910> == Quote from Iwamatsu-san ==
09:05:36 <masashi910> Qemux86-64's config already merged to cip-kernel-config.
09:05:43 <masashi910> BBB config is under testing. Please keep this A.I.
09:05:51 <masashi910> ====
09:06:05 <masashi910> So, I keep this AI open.
09:06:14 <masashi910> #topic kernel maintenance updates
09:06:59 <masashi910> Pavel-san, do you have updates?
09:07:54 <pave1> I did reviews on 4.19.94, 95 and 96. New 4.19-cip-rt kernel was released.
09:08:59 <masashi910> pave1: Thanks very much for your works!
09:09:10 <bwh> I've backported fixes for several CVEs, which should go into stable updates soon
09:09:41 <masashi910> bwh: Great! Thanks very much!
09:09:46 <wens> hi, I'm late
09:10:03 <masashi910> wens: Hi! Do you have updates?
09:10:27 <wens> I did a run of classify-failed-patches, haven't posted the results yet
09:10:33 <wens> didn't see anything critical
09:11:21 <masashi910> wens: Thanks very much for your works!
09:11:28 <pave1> bwh: There was/is discussion on the mailing list regarding to 4.19 end-of-life
09:12:09 <pave1> Do we have indications that someone else (Debian?) will maintain 4.19 after regular -stable maintainance ends?
09:13:16 <bwh> No but I may take that on for Debian if necessary
09:14:25 <wens> IIRC buster is on 4.19?
09:14:28 <pave1> Ok :-).
09:14:37 <bwh> wens: yes
09:14:53 <masashi910> pave1: BTW do you have pointers for such a discussion?
09:15:24 <pave1> masashi910: It was your mail AFAICT, "Kernel Team Roadmap for CY2020", "1. Readiness for the self-maintenance
09:15:51 <masashi910> pave1: I see. :)
09:16:33 <masashi910> Any other topics?
09:16:46 <masashi910> 3
09:16:50 <masashi910> 2
09:16:53 <masashi910> 1
09:17:21 <masashi910> Because Chris-san is not here, I will jump to CIP Core session.
09:17:28 <masashi910> #topic CIP Core
09:17:42 <kazu71> hello
09:18:05 <masashi910> kazu71: the floor is yours
09:18:10 <kazu71> It's time for me, or chris?
09:18:21 <kazu71> ah, chis not attend today sorry
09:18:23 <masashi910> kazu71: it's yours
09:18:39 <kazu71> 1. Update PDP to v3.1 https://lists.cip-project.org/pipermail/cip-dev/2020-January/004143.html
09:18:51 <kazu71> Add a rule to satisfy all run-time dependencies
09:18:54 <kazu71> cip-pkglist scripts also updated to check the deps automatically
09:19:01 <kazu71> 2. Created the 2nd package proposal for Debian minimum base system https://lists.cip-project.org/pipermail/cip-dev/2020-January/004160.html
09:19:08 <kazu71> 58 source packages and 84 binary packages are inclulded
09:19:23 <kazu71> I though that these packages should be discussed before (or in parallel with) the security WG proposal because there are many overwraped packages
09:19:32 <kazu71> (To CIP Core member company) Please tell your opinion about this proposal by the next TSC :)
09:19:41 <kazu71> 3. Generic profile: (WIP) Support cip-kenrel-config, testing isar-cip-core with linux-cip-ci
09:19:48 <kazu71> That's all from me
09:19:55 <masashi910> kazu71: thank you for your works!
09:20:16 <masashi910> Any questions or comments?
09:20:53 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:20:55 <fujita3> kazu71: it is better to review the security WG proposal in parallel
09:21:32 <kazu71> fujita3 OK, I'm discussing with Kent about this topic already
09:21:33 <fujita3> kazu71: shoud we check both source packages and binary packages?
09:22:14 <fujita3> source packages have higher priority?
09:22:15 <kazu71> fujita3 Yes, but binary packages are the main target of this review
09:22:28 <kazu71> binary packages are generated from the corresponding source package
09:22:32 <fujita3> ok. binary is higher
09:23:18 * patersonc arrives
09:23:21 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:23:31 <masashi910> 3
09:23:34 <masashi910> 2
09:23:35 <masashi910> 1
09:23:55 <masashi910> Because Chris-san just joined, let me go back to the testing.
09:23:58 <kazu71> patersonc Hello!
09:24:03 <masashi910> #topic Kernel testing
09:24:10 <masashi910> patersonc: the floor is yours
09:24:38 <patersonc> Hello
09:24:57 <patersonc> I started looking into RT testing
09:25:02 <patersonc> Please see my email to cip-dev.
09:25:07 <patersonc> It would be good to get some input.
09:25:25 <pave1> Thanks for starting this! :-)
09:25:29 <patersonc> Main discussion points are a) what tests we should run b) what packages to add to cip-core
09:26:03 <pave1> So I guess even cyclictest alone is useful, but it would be nice to run it with some background load.
09:26:20 <patersonc> pave1: Okay
09:26:28 <patersonc> I played around with hackbench before
09:26:37 <patersonc> It would be good to know what/how the RT project does
09:26:39 <kazu71> patersonc Thank you for the updates. a) depends on b), is it correct?
09:26:56 <kazu71> Oops, b) depends on a) I meant...
09:27:25 <pave1> I was using kernel build (make -j 5) as a background load..
09:27:34 <patersonc> kazu71: I guess so :)
09:27:55 <pave1> Would that be possible/easy to do?
09:28:09 <patersonc> pave1: That would mean including the toolchains in cip-core. Is this something already done kazu71 ?
09:28:31 <pave1> Yep, so that does not sound exactly easy.
09:28:39 <patersonc> Or we could add things like Dhrystone or other benchmarks
09:28:51 <patersonc> Let me take an action to ask the RT project what they do
09:29:02 <pave1> Dhrystone I'd say is not exactly suitable.
09:29:03 <patersonc> We may as well do the same so we can compare results easier
09:29:43 <pave1> We may want to replicate what they do, yes; but if we discover something else that results in high latencies, we get bonus points.
09:29:54 <pave1> Perphaps we can talk after the meeting?
09:30:01 <patersonc> pave1: Sure
09:30:08 <masashi910> patersonc: noted. you take the AI "ask RT project what they do for RT testing."
09:30:29 <masashi910> patersonc: Thanks for your updates!
09:30:31 <patersonc> pave1: Where was the discussion about extending v4.19LTS?
09:30:44 <patersonc> Is Iwamatsu-san online?
09:31:00 <masashi910> patersonc: no. he is not attending this call.
09:31:09 <patersonc> Okay. Thanks
09:31:18 <bwh> patersonc: So far that was private mail
09:31:23 <pave1> patersonc: "Kernel Team Roadmap for CY2020", I see you in the cc list.
09:31:52 <patersonc> Ah okay. I thought you meant a discussion on linux-stable
09:32:08 <masashi910> patersonc: Yes. I sent the local mail to you.
09:32:09 <patersonc> Thanks
09:32:24 <masashi910> patersonc: Thanks for your updates!
09:32:25 <patersonc> No updates on my action btw.
09:32:27 * patersonc testing report done.
09:32:38 <masashi910> patersonc: I see. Noted.
09:32:55 <masashi910> Any other topics?
09:33:01 <masashi910> 3
09:33:04 <masashi910> 2
09:33:05 <masashi910> 1
09:33:17 <masashi910> #topic Software update
09:33:25 <masashi910> Quote from Suzuki-san "SW Updates WG doesn't have any update this week."
09:33:30 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:33:39 <masashi910> 3
09:33:42 <masashi910> 2
09:33:45 <masashi910> 1
09:33:47 <masashi910> #topic AOB
09:34:01 <masashi910> Are there any business matters to discuss?
09:34:03 <patersonc> Has anyone seen the email from Dennis Semakin?
09:34:23 <kazu71> sorry, not yet
09:34:41 <masashi910> patersonc: What about?
09:34:47 <pave1> Seen: Obtain full set of source code for cip image
09:35:02 <patersonc> Maybe we should add a wiki page describing how to customise CIP-Core
09:35:25 <pave1> It is more of build system question.
09:35:30 <patersonc> (email is on cip-dev btw)
09:35:59 <pave1> patersonc: We should be able to simply pointer to someone else's documentation, no?
09:36:51 <patersonc> pave1: Maybe, but the more information we share on such topics the more people who will be drawn to the project
09:37:02 <patersonc> It's good to see someone trying to use our Kernel/FS
09:38:08 <masashi910> patersonc: Thanks for raising this issue. Will continue to discuss next week?
09:38:42 <patersonc> Sure.
09:39:02 <patersonc> I've now booked hotel/flights for Embedded World now btw.
09:39:23 <masashi910> patersonc: Great!
09:39:38 <patersonc> Just for the two days of CIP meetings though
09:39:57 <masashi910> same here.
09:40:14 <masashi910> Any other business matters to discuss?
09:40:27 <masashi910> 3
09:40:29 <masashi910> 2
09:40:32 <masashi910> 1
09:40:33 <masashi910> #endmeeting