09:00:02 <masashi910> #startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting
09:00:02 <brlogger> Meeting started Thu Dec 12 09:00:02 2019 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is masashi910. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
09:00:02 <brlogger> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
09:00:02 <brlogger> The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'
09:00:12 <masashi910> #topic rollcall
09:00:18 <masashi910> please say hi if you're around
09:00:20 <szlin> hi
09:00:23 <wens> hi
09:00:25 <pave1> hi
09:00:26 <patersonc> Hello
09:00:27 <fujita3> hi
09:00:36 <masashi910> #topic AI review
09:00:44 <masashi910> 1. Test LTS (pre)releases directly - patersonc
09:01:02 <patersonc> For all of my actions - no update
09:01:04 <patersonc> Sorry
09:01:11 <suzuki98> hi
09:01:13 <masashi910> ok, thanks
09:01:17 <kazu> hi
09:01:23 <masashi910> 2. Create a way/process to run LTP only for release tests - patersonc
09:01:54 <masashi910> Chris-san, do you have updates?
09:02:12 <patersonc> Nope
09:02:23 <masashi910> patersonc: ok, thanks
09:02:31 <masashi910> 3. Combine rootfilesystem with kselftest binary - Iwamatsu-san
09:02:40 <masashi910> Quote from Iwamatsu-san: "No 4 does not update."
09:02:40 <masashi910> Kudo's comment: "No 4 should be No 3". I will keep this AI as open
09:02:51 <masashi910> 4. Document a process on how to add tests to the CIP test setup - patersonc
09:02:54 <patersonc> Nope
09:02:59 <masashi910> sure.
09:03:07 <masashi910> #topic kernel maintenance updates
09:03:12 <bwh> (hi)
09:03:19 <masashi910> == Quote from Iwamatsu-san ==
09:03:19 <masashi910> I reviewed 4.4.202, and stable-rc on stable ML.
09:03:19 <masashi910> I send some comments for 4.19.y and other.
09:03:19 <masashi910> ====
09:03:44 <pave1> I reviewed 4.19.88 and started reviewing 4.19.89.
09:04:13 <masashi910> pave1: thanks!
09:04:34 <masashi910> SZ-san, Wen-san, do you have updates?
09:04:55 <wens> classify-failed-patches now includes more patches from the stable mailing list
09:05:16 <wens> final step would be to include all the stable review series
09:05:27 <wens> also, cip-kernel-sec has seen a few more CVEs
09:05:40 <wens> will do another round of updates for cip-kernel-sec tomorrow.
09:05:59 <bwh> I have been working on kernel-sec, including reviewing wens's changes. Also reviewed some y2038 patches upstream.
09:06:15 <pave1> Speaking of failed patches... I don't monitor that closely,
09:06:28 <pave1> but if there are changes that should be backported, I guess
09:06:33 <pave1> I can try to help...?
09:07:00 <szlin> masashi910: none from me this week.
09:08:15 <wens> pave1: I saw at least some ext4 patches, though I need to take a closer look
09:09:06 <masashi910> wens, bwh, szlin: thank you for your updates!
09:09:32 <masashi910> any other updates?
09:09:44 <masashi910> 3
09:09:47 <masashi910> 2
09:09:50 <masashi910> 1
09:09:57 <masashi910> #topic Kernel testing
09:10:06 <masashi910> patersonc: the floor is yours
09:10:09 <patersonc> Hello
09:10:22 <patersonc> This week I've seen a few build issues on the stable-rc branches for 4.4 and 4.19.
09:10:25 <patersonc> Troublesome patches identified and reported to Greg.
09:10:30 <patersonc> I've enabled arm, arm64 and x86 defconfig builds for the stable-rc testing.
09:10:33 <patersonc> I've also been working on enabling the Siemens boards in our CI.
09:10:38 <patersonc> Builds are working okay, but haven't got the x86 board booting yet.
09:10:44 <patersonc> If anyone is x86 savvy can has a few minutes after the meeting I'd be glad for a few minutes of your time.
09:11:01 <pave1> Savvy, I don't know, but I guess I can try to help.
09:11:16 <wens> I don't know why odd dts patches get backported, while the related dtsi patches get missed :(
09:11:17 <patersonc> That's it from me. Any questions?
09:11:37 <patersonc> wens: Indeed
09:11:38 <pave1> And sorry for -rt still being on old .yml versions, we can talk about that later, too.
09:11:45 <patersonc> pave1: Thanks
09:12:12 <pave1> wens: Basically Sasha tries to backport _everything_ without checking closely if it is needed or not :-(.
09:12:13 <masashi910> patersonc: thanks for working with Greg. By installing the fix, the issues were all solved?
09:12:45 <wens> pave1: is there a way to tell his bot to not select certain patches (by file path?)
09:13:00 <szlin> wens: many ppl did that via email...
09:13:13 <patersonc> masashi910: Issues resolved by dropping patches.
09:13:15 <wens> szlin: I suppose that didn't work?
09:13:30 <masashi910> patersonc: thanks!
09:13:43 <pave1> wens: I believe we can take a trip to U.S.A. and take away his computer :-).
09:13:51 <wens> lol
09:14:07 <wens> he'll just get a new one
09:14:18 <pave1> wens: I guess we can talk to Greg, explain that this causes problems for us,
09:14:41 <pave1> wens: and try to get him to do more reasonable patch selection.
09:14:52 <pave1> wens: We are not only ones with this problems -- SuSE is not happy, either.
09:14:55 <patersonc> I guess it's a problem for everyone, not just us
09:15:01 <wens> for my platform at least, dts/dtsi patches go hand in hand with driver patches
09:15:14 <patersonc> It just shows the value in us testing the stable release candidates
09:15:14 <pave1> wens: I tried to talk to Greg in person, but I guess I did not get the message accross.
09:15:40 <pave1> wens: If you want to exclude few .dts files, it should be enough to promise you'll do the stable marking for them.
09:15:52 <wens> thanks, I'll discuss this with my co-maintainer and see what we can do
09:16:09 <pave1> wens: That should actually be quite easy to do. (And does not include forced entry into buildings :-) )
09:16:42 <masashi910> thanks, folks, for working on difficult issues...
09:17:07 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:17:18 <masashi910> 3
09:17:21 <masashi910> 2
09:17:23 <masashi910> 1
09:17:24 <masashi910> #topic CIP Core
09:17:25 <masashi910> kazu: the floor is yours
09:17:33 <kazu> hello
09:17:44 <kazu> I've started the review phase of the 1st package proposal given from Security WG (in cip-dev)
09:17:54 <kazu> no feedback yet though
09:18:31 <kazu> i guess some discussions will be needed for the packages
09:18:52 <kazu> temporally set the due date to 23rd, but please ask me if you want to extend
09:19:01 <kazu> and sorry for that no technical updates for a few weeks
09:19:17 <kazu> that's all from me in this week
09:19:23 <masashi910> kazu: thank you
09:19:30 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:19:35 <fujita3> kazu: You may considering to have a meeting
09:19:53 <kazu> fujita3 yes, sorry for long delay
09:20:14 <fujita3> okay
09:20:31 <kazu> fujita3 i hope i can arrange in this year...
09:20:55 <fujita3> kazu: Agreed :-)
09:21:35 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:21:49 <masashi910> 3
09:21:52 <masashi910> 2
09:21:55 <masashi910> 1
09:21:56 <masashi910> #topic Software update
09:21:57 <masashi910> suzuki: the floor is yours
09:22:03 <suzuki15> hi
09:22:08 <suzuki15> I have no update in this week, too. Sorry about that.
09:22:15 <suzuki15> I'll put a license file into our WG's demo script repository in a couple of days.
09:22:24 <suzuki15> That's it from me.
09:22:35 <masashi910> Suzuki-san, that's ok. thanks for your report.
09:22:45 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:22:52 <masashi910> 3
09:22:56 <masashi910> 2
09:22:59 <masashi910> 1
09:23:00 <masashi910> #topic AOB
09:23:09 <masashi910> 1. Proposed move from Mailman to Groups.io and kernel.org
09:23:21 <masashi910> Does any one opposite to move mail server to group.io?
09:24:16 <patersonc> Nope. assuming that it handles patches okay.
09:24:33 <masashi910> patersonc: ok, thanks.
09:24:48 <masashi910> 3
09:24:51 <masashi910> 2
09:24:53 <masashi910> 1
09:25:15 <kazu> masashi910 i have no strong opinion about this if required features are supported :)
09:25:23 <patersonc> masashi910: Others may have an opinion though?
09:27:00 <masashi910> patersonc: yes, so if there are objections, please speak up
09:27:34 <masashi910> currently Neal-san is planning to move if there are no objections.
09:29:12 <szlin> I think everyone is agree with it?
09:30:11 <masashi910> szlin: thanks for your help.
09:30:16 <masashi910> So, at this moment, let me assume that the kernel team does not have objections.
09:30:42 <masashi910> ok, then let me move to the next
09:30:53 <masashi910> 2. When (Feb 27th-Thursday and 28th-Friday) do you prefer for F2F Kernel Team Meeting in Nurnberg during Embedded World 2020? - Doodle Poll
09:31:34 <masashi910> for this topic, I created a doodle poll. I will send out the link to that by email after this IRC meeting.
09:31:57 <masashi910> any other business?
09:32:05 <masashi910> 3
09:32:12 <masashi910> 2
09:32:13 <masashi910> 1
09:32:16 <masashi910> #endmeeting