09:00:02 <masashi910> #startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting
09:00:02 <brlogger> Meeting started Thu Dec  5 09:00:02 2019 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is masashi910. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
09:00:02 <brlogger> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
09:00:02 <brlogger> The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'
09:00:11 <masashi910> hi, I am Kudo from Cybertrust. I will chair this meeting from today by taking over SZ-san's role. Thank you.
09:00:18 <masashi910> #topic rollcall
09:00:27 <masashi910> please say hi if you're around
09:00:30 <wens> hi
09:00:31 <szlin> hi ._./
09:00:33 <fujita3> hi
09:00:36 <suzuki> hi
09:00:40 <bwh> hi
09:00:41 <pave1> hi
09:00:48 <masashi910> #topic AI review
09:00:49 <iwamatsu> hi
09:00:56 <masashi910> 1. Test LTS (pre)releases directly - patersonc
09:01:07 <masashi910> patersonc: are you around?
09:01:41 <masashi910> I will skip this AI for now since he is not around
09:01:51 <masashi910> 3. Combine rootfilesystem with kselftest binary - Iwamatsu-san
09:02:28 <masashi910> Iwamatsu-san, do you have any update?
09:02:30 <iwamatsu> masashi910: no update
09:02:45 <masashi910> ok, then leave this ai as open.
09:03:22 <masashi910> So, since patersonc is not here, let me move to the next topic.
09:03:30 <masashi910> #topic kernel maintenance updates
09:04:11 <masashi910> Iwamatsu-san, Pavel-san, any updates?
09:04:18 <pave1> I have done reviews on 4.19.87 and .88; 4.4-rt and 4.19-rt were released.
09:04:43 <masashi910> pave1: thank you!
09:04:52 <szlin> I've sent the MR for kernel-sec, thanks for Ben's review.
09:05:08 <iwamatsu> I reviewed v4.4.204 and 205, and stable-rc on ML.
09:05:28 <masashi910> szlin, iwamatsu: thanks for your updates
09:05:29 <iwamatsu> pave1:thanks to release rt tree.
09:06:18 <masashi910> Wens-san, any upate?
09:06:39 <szlin> masashi910: wen is wating for feedback with his MR
09:06:44 <szlin> https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/classify-failed-patches/merge_requests
09:07:03 <wens> masashi910: no comments on the classify-failed-patches MR, will merge it later and move to phase 2, inclusion of multi-patch series from ML
09:07:06 <masashi910> wens, szlin: thanks for your updates
09:07:22 <masashi910> ok, then are there any other topics?
09:07:35 <masashi910> 3
09:07:36 <masashi910> 3
09:07:37 <szlin> Wens will work on kernel-sec as well.
09:07:54 <szlin> There are massive kernel CVE recently.
09:08:15 <masashi910> szlin: I see. thanks.
09:08:26 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:08:32 <masashi910> 3
09:08:35 <masashi910> 2
09:08:36 <masashi910> 1
09:08:38 <pave1> szlin:
09:08:51 <pave1> szlin: Is there anything in the kernel CVEs we should know about?
09:09:26 <pave1> szlin: I noticed new batch of meltdown-like hardware bugs, is there anything else?
09:09:39 <bwh> pave1: I didn't see anything really bad, there have just been a lot of minor ones
09:10:02 <szlin> pave1: ^ agree.
09:10:09 <pave1> bwh: Aha, thanks :-).
09:10:32 <pave1> I'm afraid ammount of minor ones will increase steadily :-(.
09:11:34 <masashi910> should we track the status of those cves in this IRC meetings? if yes, I will add this as an AI.
09:11:55 <pave1> I don't think that's neccessary for the minor ones...
09:12:08 <patersonc> Hi everyone. Sorry I'm late. Another meeting overran.
09:12:19 <masashi910> pave1: ok. thanks for your comment.
09:13:01 <masashi910> patersonc: welcome! We finished the AI session, but let me visit your AIs.
09:13:12 <masashi910> 1. Test LTS (pre)releases directly - patersonc
09:13:30 <patersonc> I think this is done?
09:13:38 <patersonc> Ah, although I need to move them out of the playground
09:13:43 <patersonc> Leave it here, sorry
09:13:52 <masashi910> patersonc: ok
09:14:05 <masashi910> 2. Create a way/process to run LTP only for release tests - patersonc
09:14:12 <patersonc> No updates
09:14:28 <masashi910> thanks.
09:14:29 <masashi910> 4. Document a process on how to add tests to the CIP test setup - patersonc
09:14:34 <patersonc> No updates
09:14:38 <masashi910> thanks
09:14:40 <patersonc> (you can see a pattern here...)
09:15:11 <masashi910> #topic Kernel testing
09:15:39 <masashi910> patersonc: the floor is yours
09:16:00 <patersonc> I've been looking into a way to improve the LTP testing, so we can see easily the commit that was actually tested.
09:16:03 <patersonc> Still WIP though
09:16:09 <kazu> hi
09:16:20 <patersonc> I attended a KernelCI project meeting
09:16:31 <patersonc> Still in early ramp up phases though, so not a huge amount to report back yet.
09:16:45 <patersonc> I was off work for most of the week, so not a lot else happened, sorry.
09:16:56 <masashi910> patersonc: thank you
09:17:01 <patersonc> Oh, 1 more thing
09:17:02 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:17:20 <patersonc> I fixed an issue in our LAVA lab in the UK, the boards seem to be online more now
09:17:27 <patersonc> I haven't seen any issues for a while
09:17:33 <patersonc> Now I'm done :)
09:17:46 <masashi910> patersonc: that's great! thanks
09:17:53 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:18:05 <masashi910> 3
09:18:08 <masashi910> 2
09:18:09 <masashi910> 1
09:18:10 <masashi910> #topic CIP Core
09:18:22 <kazu> Sorry, no tecnhical updates in this week
09:18:27 <kazu> Received a package proposal from security WG, planning to collect opinions of CIP Core WG members soon
09:18:38 <kazu> in cip-dev
09:19:10 <kazu> that's all from me
09:19:15 <masashi910> kazu: thanks.
09:19:20 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:19:27 <masashi910> 3
09:19:29 <masashi910> 2
09:19:31 <masashi910> 1
09:19:32 <masashi910> #topic Software update
09:19:39 <suzuki> I'm sorry I don't have any update in this week.
09:19:46 <suzuki> That's it from me.
09:19:52 <masashi910> suzuki: thanks
09:19:59 <masashi910> any other topics?
09:20:04 <masashi910> 3
09:20:07 <masashi910> 2
09:20:08 <masashi910> 1
09:20:16 <masashi910> #topic AOB
09:20:24 <masashi910> any other business?
09:20:42 <masashi910> 3
09:20:52 <masashi910> 2
09:20:53 <masashi910> 1
09:20:56 <masashi910> #endmeeting