09:00:03 <szlin> #startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting
09:00:03 <brlogger> Meeting started Thu Nov 28 09:00:03 2019 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is szlin. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
09:00:03 <brlogger> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
09:00:03 <brlogger> The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'
09:00:06 <szlin> #topic rollcall
09:00:11 <szlin> please say hi if you're around
09:00:14 <wens> hi
09:00:17 <masashi910> hi
09:00:20 <suzuki92> hi
09:00:49 <pave1> hi
09:01:16 <szlin> #topic AI review
09:01:22 <szlin> 1. Test LTS (pre)releases directly - patersonc
09:01:27 <szlin> patersonc: are you around?
09:01:56 <fujita[m]> hi
09:02:04 <iwamatsu> hi
09:02:33 <szlin> it seems like Chris is not around, I will skip his AI for now.
09:02:36 <szlin> 3. Combine rootfilesystem with kselftest binary - Iwamatsu-san
09:03:00 <fujita[m]> Is SZ not around?
09:03:06 <szlin> fujita[m]: hi
09:03:17 <iwamatsu> szlin: it does not finish, please keep this A.I.
09:03:44 <szlin> iwamatsu: thanks.
09:03:47 <szlin> 6. Ask RT admin to put CIP RT kernel to their CI-RT - Kernel team
09:04:03 <patersonc> hi
09:04:41 <szlin> iwamatsu: do you have any update?
09:05:23 <iwamatsu> szlin: I contact RT admin, we are now in the process of creating an account.
09:05:34 <szlin> iwamatsu: thank you
09:05:43 <iwamatsu> Please remove this A.I.
09:06:03 <szlin> patersonc: hi!
09:06:06 <szlin> iwamatsu: noted with thanks.
09:06:10 <szlin> 1. Test LTS (pre)releases directly - patersonc
09:07:43 <szlin> patersonc: do you have any update?
09:08:23 <patersonc> Does someone want to take charge of this meeting is SZ isn't here?
09:08:36 <pave1> sz is here.
09:08:36 <szlin> patersonc: ??
09:08:49 <szlin> patersonc: can you see my message?
09:08:53 * patersonc takes control
09:09:05 <patersonc> Kernel team: Anything to report/share this week?
09:09:30 <pave1> patersonc: szlin is here, and he is talking to you.
09:09:37 <iwamatsu> patersonc: hi
09:09:40 <pave1> <szlin> patersonc: can you see my message?
09:10:08 <masashi910> patersonc: hi
09:10:21 <patersonc> hi
09:10:23 <szlin> I think there're some issues between IRC bridge
09:10:42 <pave1> I "hear" both szlin and patersonc.
09:10:52 <masashi910> patersonc: can you see SZ-san's message?
09:10:56 <iwamatsu> me too
09:11:03 <szlin> same here
09:11:11 <patersonc> Nope!
09:11:32 <patersonc> Strange. I'll re-connect
09:11:47 <masashi910> patersonc: yes, please
09:12:01 <szlin> o_O
09:12:33 <patersonc> Hello?
09:12:38 <pave1> Does the channel have on-line logging somewhere?
09:12:39 * szlin please wait a moment due to a technical issue
09:13:01 <wens> pave1: https://irclogs.baserock.org/cip/latest.log.html
09:13:02 <masashi910> patersonc: hi
09:13:03 <fujita[m]> I'm using Riot. I quit and log-in again via another browser, but I can't see SZ's line.
09:13:12 <johnson> patersonc: hi
09:13:45 <szlin> Riot is malfunctioned recently
09:13:56 <wens> 17:13 < szlin> Riot is malfunctioned recently
09:14:08 <johnson> I use it: https://webchat.freenode.net/. I can see all talks, it works fine.
09:14:18 <szlin> we have a similar issue in CIP security meeting.
09:14:19 <iwamatsu> hmm, I can see everyone's message. I think it's a client program issue.
09:14:36 <patersonc> johnson: hi
09:14:56 <szlin> Some issues in the bridge of Riot
09:15:03 <szlin> patersonc: can you see me?
09:15:03 <masashi910> I use mIRC, and I can see everyone's messages as well.
09:15:59 <patersonc> Just connecting to kiwi
09:16:05 <fujita[m]> thank you all. please go ahead. I'll check myself.
09:16:13 <szlin> patersonc: ping
09:16:39 <szlin> patersonc15: ping
09:16:44 <masashi910> patersonc: SZ-san is pinging to you. Can you see?
09:16:45 <patersonc15> Helloo
09:16:59 <patersonc15> Working okay now
09:17:01 <iwamatsu> patersonc15: hi
09:17:02 <patersonc15> Sorry about that
09:17:05 <masashi910> patersonc15: hi
09:17:06 <szlin> patersonc15: :)
09:17:09 <patersonc15> Strange error that
09:17:20 <szlin> patersonc15: we're in AI 1: Test LTS (pre)releases directly - patersonc
09:17:53 <patersonc15> This is still working. Still in cip-playground though,
09:17:59 <szlin> patersonc15: thanks.
09:18:03 <szlin> 2. Create a way/process to run LTP only for release tests - patersonc
09:18:12 <patersonc15> No progress
09:18:17 <szlin> 4. Document a process on how to add tests to the CIP test setup - patersonc
09:18:32 <patersonc15> No progress :(
09:18:42 <szlin> 5. Split out non-Kernel config sections from gitlab-ci.yml - patersonc
09:18:53 <patersonc15> Done!
09:19:05 <szlin> patersonc15: thank you!
09:19:12 <szlin> #topic Kernel maintenance updates
09:19:42 <pave1> I did 4.19.85 and 4.19.86 reviews.
09:20:03 <pave1> I merged MMC series from Renesas to 4.4, but messed up patch subject;
09:20:12 <pave1> I guess it is still acceptable to fix it and then force push?
09:20:50 <iwamatsu> I reviewed v4.4.202
09:21:15 <szlin> is there any objection for force push?
09:21:48 <szlin> pave1: thanks
09:21:53 <szlin> iwamatsu: thanks
09:21:54 <iwamatsu> and I review stable-rc, I send some comment.
09:22:31 <patersonc15> szlin: Not from me
09:23:07 <szlin> Wens fixed the script in repository of failed-patches, feel free to provide your comments
09:23:20 <szlin> #info https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/classify-failed-patches/merge_requests/3/
09:23:28 <iwamatsu> szlin: ok, i will check it.
09:23:33 <szlin> iwamatsu: thank you
09:23:34 <wens> next step is whether to include stable-rc review series
09:24:17 <szlin> wens: thanks.
09:24:22 <szlin> any other topics?
09:24:32 <szlin> 3
09:24:33 <szlin> 2
09:24:34 <szlin> 1
09:24:35 <szlin> #topic Kernel testing
09:25:20 <szlin> patersonc15: the floor is yours
09:25:29 <patersonc15> Main task this week was to finalise removing the gitlab-ci.yml updates from the CIP tree.
09:25:40 <patersonc15> It all seems to be working okay.
09:26:03 <patersonc15> I also fixed (maybe) some issues we were seeing in lab-cip-renesas where devices kept disconnecting.
09:26:10 <patersonc15> Hopefully they will stay online for longer now
09:26:31 <patersonc15> Hopefully I'll get some more time for CIP testing next week
09:26:48 <patersonc15> That's it from me
09:26:51 <szlin> patersonc15: thank you!
09:26:54 <szlin> any other topics?
09:27:15 <szlin> 3
09:27:16 <szlin> 2
09:27:16 <szlin> 1
09:27:20 <szlin> #topic CIP Core
09:27:23 <szlin> == Quote from Kazu ==
09:27:24 <szlin> There is no technical update in this week from the last TSC.
09:27:24 <szlin> ====
09:27:27 <szlin> any other topics?
09:27:29 <szlin> 3
09:27:30 <szlin> 2
09:27:33 <szlin> 1
09:27:36 <szlin> #topic Software update
09:27:40 <suzuki92> I uploaded a script for creating demo environment of the software update mechanism to cip-playground.
09:27:47 <suzuki92> The repository is at https://gitlab.com/cip-playground/cip-sw-updates-demo
09:27:56 <suzuki92> If you are interested in it, please make sure whether you can build it on your local machines.
09:28:01 <suzuki92> That's all from me.
09:28:14 <szlin> suzuki92: thank you
09:28:17 <szlin> any other topics?
09:28:38 <szlin> 3
09:28:38 <szlin> 2
09:28:39 <szlin> 1
09:28:43 <szlin> #topic AOB
09:28:46 <szlin> any other business?
09:29:26 <szlin> Yes, I have.
09:29:31 <szlin> I will be stepping down as chair of IRC weekly meeting next week, Kudo-san will take over the role.
09:30:03 <szlin> Thank you all for the support in the past 18 months (IIRC)
09:30:14 <patersonc15> szlin thank you for all your work!
09:30:18 <pave1> Thank you!
09:30:26 <masashi910> szlin: thanks very much for your work so far. thanks to you, the kernel team is very steady!
09:30:29 <fujita> thank you very much SZ!!
09:30:31 <johnson> thanks!
09:30:36 <wens> thanks1
09:30:37 <suzuki92> thank you!
09:30:38 <iwamatsu> szlin: thank you !
09:30:56 <szlin> masashi910: it's because that we have Pavel and Iwmatsu-san.
09:31:07 <szlin> any other topics?
09:31:30 <szlin> step down (bow
09:31:37 <szlin> #endmeeting