09:00:03 <szlin> #startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting
09:00:03 <brlogger> Meeting started Thu Nov 21 09:00:03 2019 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is szlin. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
09:00:03 <brlogger> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
09:00:03 <brlogger> The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'
09:00:08 <szlin> #topic rollcall
09:00:13 <szlin> please say hi if you're around
09:00:14 <pave1> hi
09:00:17 <masashi910> hi
09:00:20 <kazu43> hi
09:00:20 <suzuki76> hi
09:00:33 <wens> hi
09:00:35 <fujita[m]> hi
09:00:46 <szlin> #topic AI review
09:00:54 <szlin> 1. Test LTS (pre)releases directly - patersonc
09:01:01 <szlin> == Quote from patersonc ==
09:01:01 <szlin> Everything is working and we've found a few issues that have been reported to stable.
09:01:04 <szlin> Remaining tasks are:
09:01:07 <szlin> * Add a way to identify in GitLab what commit is being tested.
09:01:09 <szlin> * Move everything from cip-playground to cip-project/cip-testing.
09:01:12 <szlin> ====
09:01:13 <patersonc> hi
09:01:14 <szlin> 2. Ask KernelCI for recommendations on what tests to run - patersonc
09:01:15 <szlin> 3. Create a way/process to run LTP only for release tests - patersonc
09:01:18 <szlin> Done
09:01:20 <szlin> == Quote from patersonc ==
09:01:23 <szlin> Technically this is now possible due to updates to linux-cip-ci.
09:01:25 <szlin> We just need to decide the best method to define 'release' testing.
09:01:28 <szlin> I'll propose a method of how to do this to the maintainers soon.
09:01:30 <szlin> ====
09:01:33 <szlin> 4. Combine rootfilesystem with kselftest binary - Iwamatsu-san
09:01:35 <szlin> == Quote from Iwamatsu-san ==
09:01:38 <szlin> I am working yet. please keep this A.I.
09:01:40 <szlin> ====
09:01:43 <szlin> 5. Document a process on how to add tests to the CIP test setup - patersonc
09:01:45 <szlin> == Quote from patersonc ==
09:01:48 <szlin> No updates
09:01:50 <szlin> ====
09:01:53 <szlin> 6. Split out non-Kernel config sections from gitlab-ci.yml - patersonc
09:01:55 <szlin> == Quote from patersonc ==
09:01:58 <szlin> Prototype complete. I just need to move from cip-playground to cip-testing.
09:02:00 <szlin> https://gitlab.com/patersonc/linux-cip-pipelines/tree/initial-work
09:02:03 <szlin> https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/linux-cip/blob/ci/patersonc/linux-4.19.y-cip/.gitlab-ci.yml
09:02:06 <szlin> ====
09:02:09 <szlin> 7. Do we want to go with the current approach where GitLab CI is run ‘out of tree’- Kernel team
09:02:35 <szlin> I think this AI is done by today
09:02:48 <szlin> patersonc: pave1: correct me if I'm wrong
09:03:43 <pave1> I'm not sure there were any decissions.
09:04:04 <pave1> Testing "out of tree" is okay with me.
09:04:07 <patersonc> I think the consensus is that the new approach will be okay
09:04:22 <pave1> It is definitely okay with me :-).
09:04:38 <szlin> thanks
09:04:47 <szlin> 8. Ask RT admin to put CIP RT kernel to their CI-RT - Kernel team
09:06:04 <szlin> I think this AI belongs to Iwamatsu-san he updated the status last week
09:06:19 <szlin> pave1: ^ do you have any news?
09:07:22 <pave1> News about CI-RT or general updates?
09:07:35 <szlin> this one "Ask RT admin to put CIP RT kernel to their CI-RT"
09:08:04 <szlin> if not, I will leave it to let Iwamatsu-san to update.
09:08:23 <pave1> I believe Iwamatsu is right person to do that :-).
09:08:28 <szlin> pave1: thanks
09:08:30 <szlin> #topic Kernel maintenance updates
09:08:36 <szlin> == Quote from Iwamatsu-san ==
09:08:37 <szlin> I reviewed v4.4.201, 202-rc and v4.19.85-rc.
09:08:37 <szlin> ====
09:08:56 <pave1> I'm working on 4.19.85 reviews and applying Renesas patches from the list.
09:09:24 <szlin> I've sent MR for kernel-sec, and I will send new MR to fix an error in previous MR.
09:09:25 <szlin> pave1: thanks
09:09:28 <szlin> any other topics?
09:09:40 <szlin> wens: do you have any updates?
09:09:55 <wens> work in progress for classify-failed-patches
09:10:00 <szlin> wens: thanks.
09:10:03 <szlin> 3
09:10:04 <szlin> 2
09:10:05 <pave1> a
09:10:26 <pave1> Actually, there was debate of "no patches from us being backported to 4.19-stable".
09:10:49 <pave1> If I know what to backport I can try to do that.
09:10:56 <pave1> Maybe we can discuss after the meeting?
09:11:00 <szlin> pave1: sure
09:11:03 <szlin> pave1: thanks.
09:11:08 <szlin> #topic Kernel testing
09:11:32 <szlin> patersonc: the floor is yours
09:11:35 <patersonc> I've been working to implement the gitlab-ci.yaml files as discussed. It's pretty much ready now, hopefully I'll get it finalized by next meeting.
09:12:02 <patersonc> Once done I'll then start enabling LTP tests etc. in anger
09:12:16 <patersonc> But maybe just for RZ/G1M for now due to lack of other boards.
09:12:31 <pave1> As soon as .yml with include is ready, I'll be happy to commit it to 4.4 and 4.19 :-)
09:12:36 <patersonc> I maybe be able to add a second RZ/G2M board to lab-cip-renesas soon.
09:12:53 <patersonc> Thanks pave1
09:13:01 <patersonc> I think that's about it for me
09:13:08 <szlin> patersonc: pave1: thank you all
09:13:16 <szlin> any other updates?
09:13:22 <szlin> 3
09:13:23 <szlin> 2
09:13:24 <szlin> 1
09:13:27 <szlin> #topic CIP Core
09:13:39 <kazu43> 1. Debian ELTS for jessie packages: Approved by TSC, discussing the way for cost reduction in members ML
09:13:48 <kazu43> Please join this if you have any ideas
09:14:00 <kazu43> 2. PDP updated: "Security criteria" information is now automatically set by the script
09:14:08 <kazu43> https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-core/cip-pkglist/commit/57f16cc8f6806ae06625d0853401457dda2f0503
09:14:15 <kazu43> Now ready for proposal (again)
09:14:22 <kazu43> Security WG almost fixes their proposal, it will be done soon :-)
09:14:38 <kazu43> 3. WIP: Adding script to submit basic tests to LAVA master (to the both profiles)
09:14:46 <kazu43> Probabry will ask some helps to finalize this task :-)
09:15:01 <kazu43> That all from me
09:15:04 <szlin> kazu43: thanks.
09:15:07 <szlin> any other topics?
09:15:08 <patersonc> kazu43: Sure
09:15:11 <patersonc> Let me know
09:15:20 <kazu43> patersonc thanks
09:15:23 <szlin> patersonc: thank you.
09:15:24 <szlin> 3
09:15:26 <szlin> 2
09:15:27 <szlin> 1
09:15:34 <szlin> #topic Software update
09:15:40 <suzuki76> Recently, I'm preparing a script to make development environment (demo environment) of CIP software update mechanism.
09:15:47 <suzuki76> It's almost done.
09:15:55 <suzuki76> In the next step, I plan to make a subgroup of SW Updates WG in cip-project GitLab and make a repository for publishing the script.
09:16:04 <suzuki76> In addition, I plan to manage our WG's tasks and their progress in the subgroup's issue board.
09:16:13 <suzuki76> That's all from our WG.
09:16:14 <szlin> suzuki76: thanks.
09:16:17 <szlin> any other topics?
09:16:18 <szlin> 3
09:16:19 <szlin> 2
09:16:20 <szlin> 1
09:16:25 <patersonc> kazu43: What are the actual packages we've asked ELTS to support?
09:16:26 <szlin> #topic AOB
09:16:29 <szlin> any other business?
09:16:36 <szlin> 3
09:16:37 <szlin> 2
09:16:37 <szlin> 1
09:16:44 <szlin> #endmeeting