09:00:03 <szlin> #startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting
09:00:03 <brlogger> Meeting started Thu May 30 09:00:03 2019 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is szlin. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
09:00:03 <brlogger> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
09:00:03 <brlogger> The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'
09:00:13 <szlin> #topic rollcall
09:00:15 <bwh> hi
09:00:16 <szlin> please say hi if you're here
09:00:19 <patersonc> hi
09:00:21 <vidda> hi
09:00:22 <iwamatsu> hi
09:00:23 <pave1> hi
09:00:32 <szlin> #topic AI review
09:00:44 <szlin> 1. Prepare the CIP kernel release tutorial- Iwamatsu
09:01:32 <szlin> Iwamatsu-san just sent draft proposal
09:01:41 <szlin> 2. Add license file in classify-failed-patches - Iwamatsu
09:01:56 <iwamatsu> I send this to SZ and bwh and pave1 a  few minutes ago.
09:01:59 <kazu> Hi
09:02:05 <laurence-> hi
09:02:18 <szlin> #info https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/classify-failed-patches
09:02:25 <iwamatsu> About license, I add LICENSE file and commit
09:02:34 <szlin> MIT license was given to this script
09:02:46 <szlin> 3. send investigating email for kernel-testing lab to cip-dev - patersonc
09:03:05 <patersonc> I haven't sent an email yet, but did raise the issue in the TSC
09:03:26 <szlin> patersonc: thanks for the update, I will keep this AI
09:04:13 <szlin> #topic Kernel maintenance updates
09:04:33 <patersonc> Thanks
09:05:14 <szlin> pave1: iwamatsu do you have any update on kernel maintenance?
09:05:46 <pave1> szlin: Not much from me. I reviewed 4.19.46, and am preparing to review 4.19.47.
09:06:00 <szlin> pave1: thank you for the update
09:06:13 <iwamatsu> szlin: I reviewed LTS rc patches, I send a comment to Greg.
09:06:18 <pave1> I am working on scripts to work with review lists, so the review results are now going to repository.
09:07:12 <iwamatsu> I have not reviewed already released LTS this week.
09:07:20 <szlin> iwamatsu: thank you for the update
09:08:24 <szlin> Ben did some work in cip-kernel-sec
09:08:48 <szlin> #info https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-kernel/cip-kernel-sec
09:08:58 <bwh> And I sent backported fixes to Greg and Sasha for stable
09:09:15 <szlin> bwh: thank you for the update
09:09:51 <szlin> any other topic?
09:10:26 <szlin> 3
09:10:27 <szlin> 2
09:10:28 <szlin> 1
09:10:43 <szlin> #topic Kernel testing
09:10:55 <szlin> patersonc: give the floor to you :D
09:10:58 <patersonc> Thanks
09:11:00 <patersonc> I'm continuing to look into CIP's CI setup.
09:11:05 <patersonc> I've arranged a meeting with relevant people next week to discuss gitlab-cloud-ci in more detail.
09:11:35 <patersonc> Siemens have run some testing on AWS with gitlab-cloud-ci and estimated some costs
09:11:52 <patersonc> I guess it's up to the TSC/board to decide a budget
09:12:05 <patersonc> I've also started creating requirements for a new CIP LAVA worker
09:12:43 <patersonc> CIP needs to decide what test cases to routinely run on Kernel builds for our CI
09:12:48 <patersonc> Any suggestions?
09:13:05 <sangorrin> LKPT tests?
09:13:34 <bwh> In-tree selftests (possibly not all of them)
09:13:47 <pave1> It is kind of traditional to run tests from "linux test project".
09:14:13 <sangorrin> I mean this: https://github.com/Linaro/test-definitions/tree/master/automated/linux
09:14:28 <pave1> https://github.com/linux-test-project/ltp
09:14:39 <patersonc> Thanks all.
09:15:09 <patersonc> LTP needs some dependencies that cip-core doesn't have yet (I think), but we should definitely use
09:15:38 <patersonc> sangorrin: We already have some example jobs for the Linaro tests: https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/cip-kernel-tests/tree/master/example_job_definitions
09:15:45 <patersonc> bwh: Sure
09:16:32 <patersonc> We'll start experimenting with the aim to implement all once the CI is sorted.
09:16:34 <sangorrin> I can prepare images using Debos with all the necessary to build the tests (I already did to run Fuego on renesas lab)
09:17:13 <patersonc> sangorrin: Thanks. I suggest we have a quick meeting later about this.
09:17:14 <szlin> #info https://s3.amazonaws.com/connect.linaro.org/bkk19/presentations/bkk19-tr08.pdf
09:17:18 <sangorrin> and maybe with ISAR once I know how to customize it
09:17:21 <sangorrin> ok
09:17:28 <szlin> Daniel shared his slide before, just F.Y.I.
09:17:41 <patersonc> Yes, it would be good to use CIP-Core (ISAR) as-is
09:17:56 <szlin> patersonc: we can have further discussion after the meeting
09:18:19 <szlin> any other topic?
09:18:38 <patersonc> Not from me
09:18:43 <szlin> 3
09:18:44 <szlin> 2
09:18:44 <szlin> 1
09:18:50 <sangorrin> oh
09:18:55 <sangorrin> there was a guy from mentor
09:19:00 <sangorrin> asking for an account
09:19:09 <sangorrin> does anyone know him?
09:19:15 <patersonc> Oh yes. I'll pick this up
09:19:29 <patersonc> I'm talking to Mentor(Siemens) about setting a lab up there
09:19:42 <sangorrin> ah ok, good
09:20:05 <szlin> #topic CIP Core
09:20:20 <kazu> I proposed the (updated) process to decide packages that should be maintained by CIP.
09:20:26 <kazu> #info Smaple sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10b2yU5bLW8UwAw9nceidolZg7-eQQsdQhke8HEikXrI/edit?usp=sharing
09:20:33 <kazu> #info https://lists.cip-project.org/pipermail/cip-dev/2019-May/002388.html
09:20:44 <kazu> A conference call to discuss CIP core specific topics will be held on June 4th (The time has not been decided yet)
09:20:53 <szlin> kazu: thank you for the update
09:20:54 <kazu> Feedback is welcome before the meeting
09:21:02 <szlin> any comments?
09:21:27 <szlin> 3
09:21:28 <szlin> 2
09:21:29 <szlin> 1
09:21:50 <szlin> #topic Software update
09:22:06 <sangorrin> No updates, thanks
09:22:16 <szlin> any other topic?
09:22:19 <sangorrin> It's not a pun lol
09:22:24 <pave1> :-)
09:22:42 <szlin> 3
09:22:43 <szlin> 2
09:22:44 <szlin> 1
09:22:49 <szlin> #topic AOB
09:22:54 <szlin> any other business?
09:23:10 <patersonc> kazu: Hopefully you'll get some input from the members on package selection :)
09:23:39 <szlin> 3
09:23:40 <szlin> 2
09:23:41 <szlin> 1
09:23:52 <szlin> #endmeeting