IRC logs for #cip for Thursday, 2020-03-19

iwamatsupatersonc: Hello00:20
*** lchlan has quit IRC01:24
*** lchlan has joined #cip01:24
*** masashi910 has quit IRC01:47
*** masashi910 has joined #cip04:00
*** rajm has joined #cip07:43
*** lchlan has quit IRC08:08
*** rynofinn has quit IRC08:09
*** rynofinn has joined #cip08:09
*** lchlan has joined #cip08:10
*** tpollard has joined #cip08:40
patersonciwamatsu: Hello08:56
*** suzuki42 has joined #cip08:58
masashi910#startmeeting CIP IRC weekly meeting09:00
brlogger`Meeting started Thu Mar 19 09:00:02 2020 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is masashi910. Information about MeetBot at
brlogger`Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.09:00
brlogger`The meeting name has been set to 'cip_irc_weekly_meeting'09:00
*** brlogger` changes topic to " (Meeting topic: CIP IRC weekly meeting)"09:00
masashi910#topic rollcall09:00
*** brlogger` changes topic to "rollcall (Meeting topic: CIP IRC weekly meeting)"09:00
masashi910please say hi if you're around09:00
masashi910#topic AI review09:00
*** brlogger` changes topic to "AI review (Meeting topic: CIP IRC weekly meeting)"09:00
masashi9101. Combine root filesystem with kselftest binary - Iwamatsu-san09:01
masashi910Quote from Iwamatsu-san "No update."09:01
masashi9102. Assign the owner of "CIP kernel config" - masashi91009:01
masashi910bwh: are you around?09:01
masashi910Quote from Iwamatsu-san "Note; If no one is owner, I can do it."09:02
masashi910Are there any objections?09:02
masashi910pave1: Are you around?09:03
masashi910So, let me check with them just in case.09:03
masashi9103. Strengthen sustainable process to backport patches from Mainline/LTS - Kernel Team09:04
masashi910This is under discussion among the Kernel team.09:04
masashi910I will share when we reach some consensus.09:04
*** pave1 has joined #cip09:04
masashi9104. Upload a guideline for reference hardware platform addition - masashi91009:04
masashi910No updates this week. Probably updates can be reported around June timeframe.09:04
masashi910#topic kernel maintenance updates09:04
*** brlogger` changes topic to "kernel maintenance updates (Meeting topic: CIP IRC weekly meeting)"09:04
masashi910== Quote from Iwamatsu-san ==09:04
masashi910I was late, I released new CIP kernels.09:04
wensnew CVE related to Intel SGX; since the driver is out-of-tree, we can ignore it for now09:05
wensnothing else this week09:05
masashi910wens: Thanks for your update!09:05
wensoh, CVE related to incomplete fix for Intel GPUs from last week09:05
wensUbuntu picked 8 patches for their 4.15 branch09:06
wenswe think it only affects 4.14 and 4.9 stable branches, but I don't have the hardware to test it09:06
pave1I reviewed part of 4.19.111. Still fighting with de0-nano board -- I need that for -rt release.09:06
pave1I have the backport of "net: ipv6_stub: use ip6_dst_lookup_flow instead of ip6_dst_look\09:07
pave1up" but not much ability to test it.09:07
masashi910wens: Thanks for your note. Do you have any idea to proceed this?09:07
wenssee if you are interested09:07
wensmasashi910: someone with gen9 Intel graphics should test 4.9 and 4.14 and see if it still leaks info.09:08
masashi910wens: According to your comment, it does not relate to SLTS4.4/4.19. If that is the case, can we leave it for now?09:09
wensmasashi910: we could, yes09:09
masashi910wens: Thanks!09:10
wensFYI, gen9 graphics means Skylake (ix-6xxx) and later, before Ice Lake09:10
masashi910pave1: Do you think it still take time to fix de0-nano board issues?09:11
masashi910pave1: I am concerned that rt release is now blocked for a while.09:11
pave1masashi: I'll need to re-check if the board is responding now.09:12
pave1masashi: Well, I could release -rt with known failure, but...09:12
patersoncpave1: Sorry about the download issues at the Mentor lab ;(09:12
pave1masashi: ...I'd rather not do that.09:12
pave1masashi: If someone urgently needs updated -rt, of course I can push it somewhere and them use it on their own risk.09:13
pave1masashi: Or maybe I can ignore test lab and try to test it locally on similar board.09:13
masashi910pave1: Let's wait for the fix of the board.09:14
patersoncpave1: What the actual problem? You can never run tests on the board or that they fail?09:15
masashi910If someone would like to have rt release urgently, please speak up.09:15
masashi910pave1: Thanks for your backporting the patch as well.09:15
pave1patersonc: Lets talk after the end of irc.09:15
masashi910patersonc, pave1: Thanks.09:16
pave1masashi: You are welcome. If there's more to backport, let me know.09:16
masashi910pave1: Sure!09:16
masashi910any other topics?09:17
masashi910#topic Kernel testing09:17
*** brlogger` changes topic to "Kernel testing (Meeting topic: CIP IRC weekly meeting)"09:17
masashi910patersonc: the floor is yours09:17
patersoncWe're still seeing d/l speed issues at the Mentor lab, sorry09:18
patersoncAnd some of the boards are offline at the Renesas lab due to a USB connection issue09:18
patersoncWe still have at least 1 of each reference platform online though09:18
patersoncI updated the wiki with the latest reference platforms09:19
patersoncNot much else to say this week I think09:19
masashi910patersonc: Thanks for your works!09:19
masashi910any other topics?09:19
masashi910#topic CIP Core09:20
*** brlogger` changes topic to "CIP Core (Meeting topic: CIP IRC weekly meeting)"09:20
masashi910== Quote from Kazu-san ==09:20
masashi910There is no big update in CIP Core in this week.09:20
masashi910I'm now creating the draft of CIP kernel & Core lifecycle tables, and want to share it to cip-dev to collect members' feedbacks.09:20
masashi910From the next IRC meeting, Punit-san will take over CIP Core status update report.09:20
masashi910any other topics?09:20
masashi910#topic Software update09:21
*** brlogger` changes topic to "Software update (Meeting topic: CIP IRC weekly meeting)"09:21
suzuki42I'm still working on reviewing deby + meta-swupdate:
suzuki42I was successful to built it. Now I'm testing it.09:21
suzuki42That's all from me.09:21
masashi910suzuki42: Thanks for your works!09:21
masashi910any other topics?09:22
masashi910#topic Security WG update09:22
*** brlogger` changes topic to "Security WG update (Meeting topic: CIP IRC weekly meeting)"09:22
masashi910Yoshida-san, the floor is yours09:22
yoshidak[m]1. The progress of the certification09:22
yoshidak[m]Waiting for GB approval for payment for the gap assessment.09:22
yoshidak[m]We can get the estimate for certification after the gap assessment, so we need to get approval twice. This is the first one of them.09:22
yoshidak[m]2. Creating and testing our security packages09:23
yoshidak[m]We have already created the image of our security package. Now we are trying to test the image, but we sould carefuly consider if we can share test cases because of copyrighting of the spec.09:23
yoshidak[m]And under considering.09:23
yoshidak[m]That's all.09:23
masashi910yoshidak[m]: Thanks for your report!09:23
masashi910Any queries?09:24
masashi910pave1: Please.09:24
pave1It would be good to create document about what kind of security problems we care, and what are out of scope.09:25
pave1We are not a desktop system; and it make may sense to say that we don't care about problems where attacker is already running code on our system.09:25
pave1I suspect that this may allow decisions such as "intel graphics info leak is not really that important for us".09:26
pave1OTOH this needs some wide understanding of our users, so that our assumptions hold.09:27
yoshidak[m]pave1: Yes. We should create document and define what is the threat for us and so on, to pass the assessment.09:27
yoshidak[m]Currently, we don't have any document in my understanding. But we'll create it for this gap assessment phase.09:28
pave1So, when you expect such document to be created?09:28
yoshidak[m]The gap assessment will be start soon after getting approval, and then we create it with Exida. So, I guess around April/May.09:29
masashi910pave1, yoshidak[m]: thanks for the discussion.09:30
pave1Okay, thanks. Would it make sense to create ... very brief -- like 20 lines -- draft of that document sooner?09:30
yoshidak[m]As you may know, Exida equals the certification body.09:30
yoshidak[m]pave1: Yes, it make sense and helpful because it's a cornerstone of the security.09:33
pave1Thank you!09:33
yoshidak[m]We should define it first.09:33
masashi910any other topics?09:34
yoshidak[m]pave1: You're welcome!09:34
masashi910* AOB09:34
masashi910#topic AOB09:35
*** brlogger` changes topic to "AOB (Meeting topic: CIP IRC weekly meeting)"09:35
masashi9101. Summer Time09:35
masashi910The summer saving time is starting. But please note that this IRC meeting starts at UTC (GMT) 09:00.09:35
masashi910This is just reminder.09:35
masashi910Are there any business matters to discuss?09:35
brlogger`Meeting ended Thu Mar 19 09:36:00 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)09:36
brlogger`Minutes (text):
*** brlogger` changes topic to "Civil Infrastructure Platform Project. Find the logs at"09:36
masashi910Thanks very much! See you next week!09:36
yoshidak[m]See you next, bye!09:36
suzuki42Thank you!09:36
*** suzuki42 has quit IRC09:37
pave1Thank you!09:38
masashi910pave1, patersonc: Are you going to discuss about the board?09:39
pave1patersonc: Let me do few more trys with de0-nano.09:39
patersoncpave1: Okay. I'll be here all day so let me know09:39
pave1patersonc: Latest results seem like I have a "real" bug in the logs.09:39
pave1patersonc: I'll re-test with commit that was marked good before, and if that one works, I have something I can work with.09:40
pave1patersonc: I don't expect quick progress at the moment.09:40
patersoncThanks pavel09:40
pave1Thank you :-).09:41
masashi910Thank you!09:41
pave1patersonc: Ok, so this looks like real failure, not a test problem, right?10:31
*** pave1 has quit IRC10:35
patersoncpave1: Yes10:58
*** tpollard has quit IRC12:56
*** tpollard has joined #cip12:56
*** tpollard has quit IRC18:30
*** rajm has quit IRC23:19

Generated by 2.15.3 by Marius Gedminas - find it at!