IRC logs for #automotive for Wednesday, 2016-03-16

*** jdanderson has quit IRC00:10
*** Tarnyko has quit IRC00:11
*** Tarnyko has joined #automotive00:11
*** Tarnyko has quit IRC00:15
*** Tarnyko has joined #automotive00:27
*** jlrmagnus has joined #automotive00:49
*** aeiche has quit IRC00:49
*** jlrmagnus has quit IRC00:56
*** sanjeev has quit IRC01:10
*** sanjeev has joined #automotive01:48
*** mdurnev has joined #automotive01:54
*** sanjeev has quit IRC02:06
*** sanjeev has joined #automotive02:20
*** AlisonChaiken has quit IRC02:20
*** jlrmagnus has joined #automotive02:23
*** jlrmagnus has quit IRC02:33
*** AlisonChaiken has joined #automotive02:52
*** sanjeev has quit IRC05:55
*** CTtpollard has joined #automotive07:55
*** CTtpollard has quit IRC07:55
*** CTtpollard has joined #automotive07:59
*** chbae has joined #automotive08:02
CTtpollardgood morning08:11
*** toscalix has joined #automotive08:12
* paulsherwood waves from somewhere with no cellular coverage08:27
CTtpollardwell, it's only 201608:27
*** leon-anavi has joined #automotive08:35
CTtpollardthe qemu-ci pipeline has failed, I'm pretty sure it's down to sstate cache :/08:42
*** kooltux_ has joined #automotive08:50
leon-anaviCTtpollard, this is concerning. My patches are the latest in this branch.08:51
CTtpollardleon-anavi: yes I don't think it's a problem with your patch, more of how yocto is handling the cache08:53
leon-anaviI guess so because I have tested both patches and they have been already part of their upstream projects.08:54
CTtpollardleon-anavi: yes, and the package that is failing is not related to those layers08:54
leon-anavicool :)08:54
*** CTtpollard has quit IRC08:56
*** CTtpollard has joined #automotive08:56
CTtpollardI need to test a qemu patch locally anyway, so I will take yours at the same time08:58
CTtpollardchbae: I'm trying your meta-genivi restructure patch with the qemu branch09:24
CTtpollardchbae: other thank tweaking bblayers.conf to look in meta-genivi-demo/meta-genivi-demo all is well so far09:28
CTtpollardleon-anavi: If I see gunnarx around today I'll ask him to clean the build env on the pipeline09:36
*** jonathanmaw has joined #automotive09:45
paulsherwoodwhat is sstate cache?09:49
CTtpollardI've yet to find a detailed explanation of it09:53
*** gmacario has joined #automotive09:56
toscalixtools team meeting in 3 min.09:57
gmacarioHi there!09:58
toscalix=== GENIVI Tools Team Weekly Meeting ===10:00
toscalix* After the proposal for the Board, we will go back to normal business. We will start today with a status update of the current goals/tasks.10:00
toscalixLink to kanban:
toscalixParticipants: please raise "your voice"10:00
* toscalix here10:00
toscalixgmacario: here10:01
gmacarioGood to me10:01
*** kooltux__ has joined #automotive10:01
toscalixhummm.... I wonder if people is at the webex meeting10:02
*** bruce_ has joined #automotive10:02
toscalixlet's start then10:03
toscalixgmacario: you have 2 tasks in review state10:03
toscalixshould you review them or somebody else?10:03
toscalixTool-61 and TOLL-2110:04
gmacarioI have asked Gunnar, Pedro and the other maintainers to have a look10:05
gmacariobut so far haven't heard anything back10:05
gmacarioThis is TOOL-2110:05
gmacarioJust read Gunnar comments here10:05
toscalixI will ping pedroalvarez about it so he provides opinion. Also CTtpollard and jonathanmaw might have one10:06
CTtpollardI'm aware of the ticket10:07
gmacarioNot easy to figure out JIRA username when commented a ticket ;-(10:07
toscalixso gmacario can I move the ticket back to In progress until more people provide input, before moving it to review by the reporter?10:08
*** klausbirken has joined #automotive10:08
*** kooltux__ has quit IRC10:08
klausbirkenHi all, sorry to be late10:08
toscalixhi klausbirken10:08
gmacarioFor TOOL-61 I released v0.01
toscalixwe are going over the tasks10:08
toscalixso close it?10:09
gmacariobut I cannot progress more as I have no admin rights on to compare with10:09
gmacarioI would rather reassign to someone with admin rights on to verify10:09
toscalixthen I would assign the ticket to gunnar with the request10:09
gmacarioOK for me if gunnar agrees of course10:10
toscalixsince he is not here, let's skip TOOL-4310:10
toscalixand move on to In progress tasks10:11
toscalixTOOL-9 is on my plate, slow progress10:11
gmacarioregarding the other tickets I have in progress I commented today their status10:11
*** gunnarx has joined #automotive10:11
toscalixdo you need something from me in any of them?10:11
toscalixor from klaus?10:11
gunnarxOh, no Webex today?10:12
toscalixnot today. The idea is to provide status and ask for help if there are blockers10:13
toscalixgunnarx: now that you are here, tool-21 is waiting for more input10:14
gunnarxI see gmacario intends to close an issue I opened :)10:14
toscalixwe discussed earlier10:14
gunnarxI just addedd some :)10:14
toscalixyou have tool-43 in review state10:14
toscalixany comment on that one?10:14
gunnarx"At this point i'm not seeing any concern with what we have set up but GDP maintainers can of course look over the pipelines and adjust guest visibility if needed. (N.B. Pedro is admin)"10:15
toscalixfeel free top close it then10:15
gunnarxI think we need a dedicated discussion on improving pipelines with GDP maintainers10:15
toscalixgunnarx: agree10:15
toscalixor earlier?10:16
toscalixit could be part of our session at AMM?10:16
gunnarxAny volunteers to hack (Java) on an improved login frontend?10:16
paulsherwoodPedro is admin? when/how did that happen? :)10:16
gunnarxWhen we started up the site10:16
gunnarxI've been asking if codethink want to provide an alternative person maybe10:17
paulsherwoodiirc you were seeking 3 companies to contribute originally....10:17
paulsherwoodis it only codethink, now?10:17
gunnarxadmin means co-admin here.  I'm still main admin now10:17
gunnarxWhether from CT or other, we need a fall-back if main admin is unavailable.10:17
gunnarxthat's all.10:18
toscalixso let's move on then10:18
gunnarxpaulsherwood, shall I remove Pedro altogether or keep for the moment10:19
paulsherwoodup to him, i think10:19
toscalixkeep it since once in awhile we need clean up10:19
toscalixin our pipeline10:19
toscalixsince we are using it10:19
toscalixis a practical thing for us10:19
toscalixIn progress tasks10:20
gunnarxTool-43 If no volunteers to improve login page, are we OK with the current status?10:20
gunnarxI think others should weigh in on the review.10:20
toscalixno volunteers, no action10:20
toscalixclose task. It can be re-opened if somebodu shows up10:21
toscalixgmacario: updated his tasks10:21
toscalixany question to him about any of the tasks currently assigned to him?10:21
gunnarxneed to filter the tasks then, hold on10:23
toscalixI like the fack that tool-66 uses GDP-92 as example10:23
gunnarxtbh I've not had time to check the latest comments on those tasks10:23
toscalixTool-54: PMO requested an additional bit of work10:24
toscalixI will work on it this week.10:24
gmacario"We need an abstract to attract people to the session" :-)10:24
toscalixgmacario: would you be ok to review it?10:24
gunnarxTool-66 would be nice but Go is a bit different than Jenkins here.  Probably need a real design session on this.10:24
toscalixonce I finish it?10:24
gmacarioWell I feel already attracted :P10:24
gmacarioAnyway yes sure10:24
toscalixgmacario: thanks10:25
gunnarxIt also plays into how agents are provisioned, and that depends on the companies offering them.  How secure they need them etc.  Is it acceptable for agents to execute any container defined by external party?  and so on.  not as easy as it might seem10:25
gunnarx^^ Tool 6610:26
gunnarxWe move fast here, hard to keep up.  OK checking tool 5410:26
toscalixgmacario: any comment about what gunnarx just mentioned related to TOOL-66?10:27
gmacarioI will take this offline and comment on TOOL-66, anyway I have limited knowledge on Go.CD to comment10:27
gunnarxTool-54, no problem I can support writing abstract (and some slide content) for and maybe git10:27
toscalixgmacario: thanks10:28
toscalixgunnarx: thanks10:28
toscalixonce we finish the description, the next step is to start with the slides10:28
toscalixany other In progress task worth commenting here?10:29
*** fredcadete has joined #automotive10:29
gunnarxno I don't have more comments.  but that's probably due to poor preparation10:31
toscalixLet's move on to the ToDo list10:31
gunnarxI need to find time to go through all.  And it won't be today it looks like.10:31
toscalixconcentrate on one then that calls your attention10:31
toscalixI have dig a little more into JIRA/Confluence and I haven't found a way to make kanban and dashboards public. I just added a ping to Joel about this10:32
gunnarxsorry, not great10:32
gunnarxI think the consensus is that publishing Kanban is not supported by Atlassian10:33
*** klausbirken1 has joined #automotive10:33
toscalixTOOL-14: I wonder if with the recommendations this task should be alive or not10:33
*** klausbirken has quit IRC10:33
toscalixgunnarx: ah10:33
gunnarxI could imagine some digging into possibility of some macro/query from Confluence to JIRA10:33
toscalixgunnarx: I thought about it too#10:34
gunnarxI'm thinking with appropriate queries, Confluence might display at least a kind of dashboard, maybe not exactly the same format10:34
gunnarxAnd if all else fails, script all the things! (tm) ;-)10:34
klausbirken1Sorry, we have network problems here, I keep getting disconnected.10:35
toscalixgunnarx: gmacario: what do you think about TOOL-1410:36
paulsherwoodtoscalix: i did TOOL-33, but IIRC it was decided at PMO to drop it... now it's todo again?10:36
toscalixdid the recommendation cover this already10:36
gmacarioIs there anything else beyond integrating Gerrit with
toscalixpaulsherwood: no. I will close it then10:36
gmacarioI mean, putting this into production10:37
gmacario^^ TOOL-1410:37
gunnarxTool-14 needs a definition of done.  There are comments about integrating build ( with review (gerrit/pull-requests).  If we want to do that it is a project in and of itself.10:37
gunnarxI think that's still a valid direction to pursue10:38
gunnarxi.e. build tool reporting if a change request builds successfully.  but it's not the same feature as "code review" performed by humans.10:38
gunnarxwhich purpose does Tool-14 have, or is it both?  I would consider breaking it down to managable pieces.10:39
toscalixThe description was about chossing and recommending a code review tool compatible with go.cd10:39
toscalixWe did, right?10:39
gmacarioOK so shall we track it  actual IMPLEMENTATION somewhere else?10:40
toscalixgmacario: we need first a decision10:40
gunnarxYes but I think the BoD gave a general direction to go in.  You saw my email?10:40
gmacarioDecision from whom?10:40
toscalixso I would open a new ticket once the decision is taken10:41
gmacarioThe ticket should exists already: implement whatever decision10:41
toscalixdepending on the strategy decision about externalising or not some services10:41
toscalixwe will implement a tool or another10:41
gmacarioTo me it is better to state we need this implemented, by whom it is not currently decided yet so the ticket is unassigned10:42
gmacariobut will block something else I am afraid10:42
toscalixgmacario: I will open a new ticket for the implementation then and close this one10:42
toscalixgunnarx: ?10:42
toscalixklausbirken1: ?10:43
gunnarxtrying to keep up...10:43
klausbirken1fine for me10:43
toscalixthat is my input so far on tasks10:44
gunnarxSometimes another approach might be to comment, what is the concrete next step.  And/or add new sub-items.10:44
toscalixdo you have any other comment on tasks that are in the ToDo or Analysis columns?10:44
gunnarxI feel we often close and reopen new tickets on stuff that is very related...10:44
toscalixgunnarx: I will relate the new ticket with this one.10:45
toscalixthorugh the Relate link section10:45
toscalixbut otherwise I would have to rearrange the title and description and then old comments might get out of context10:46
gunnarxI understand, but it still means a whole lot of clicking around.  On this ticket very important info from Pedro that relates to actual implementation.  I think we need to work together on the quality of our tickets and bring them to conclusion10:46
gmacarioRe: TOOL-62 is it done now right?10:46
gunnarxYes I would agree.  A recommendation was done.10:46
gmacarioAnd the BoD gave their input, right?10:47
gmacarioIs that tracked somewhere?10:47
toscalixcommenting on tool-64, closing it so tool-62 can also be closed10:47
gunnarxLet's add it as comment for tracking.  Shall I do it?10:47
toscalixgo ahead please10:48
toscalixI just commented Tool-6410:49
toscalixso all subtasks are done now10:49
gunnarxok, I will comment tool 62 with more background10:50
gunnarxand close it10:50
toscalixtool-56 was left behind. Updated10:52
toscalixI have nothing more to add10:52
gmacarioMe neither10:53
toscalixklausbirken1: gunnarx ?10:53
gunnarxupdating Tool-62 now10:53
gunnarxI think there's work to do there, if I get any time I'll prepare a number of bullet points of what I think needs to happen to make it work10:54
klausbirken1Some of the tool issues are mine, I will try to clean up until next week.10:54
toscalix=== GENIVI Tool Team meeting ends ===10:54
*** klausbirken1 has quit IRC10:55
CTtpollardleon-anavi: I've cleaned the qemu-ci pipeline, starting it off again10:59
CTtpollardchbae: are you around?11:18
toscalixchbae: just sent you a mail. I need some basic info from you11:22
*** jonathanmaw_ has joined #automotive11:33
*** jonathanmaw__ has joined #automotive11:36
*** jonathanmaw has quit IRC11:37
*** jonathanmaw has joined #automotive11:37
*** jonathanmaw__ has quit IRC11:40
*** jonathanmaw_ has quit IRC11:40
*** waltminer has joined #automotive11:46
*** gunnarx has quit IRC12:01
leon-anaviCTtpollard, ok, I was away from the keyboard for a while. How is your build going on? Any issues so far?12:03
*** mdurnev has quit IRC12:07
CTtpollardleon-anavi: the pipeline is here
leon-anaviok, logged in as guest. Looking at the logs.12:19
*** chbae_ has joined #automotive12:22
chbae_CTtpollard: Thanks. I’m at home now.12:24
chbae_toscalix: I mail you. :)12:25
CTtpollardI've seen, congratulations :)12:25
chbae_CTtpollard: Thanks. Please let me know your maintenance knowhow :)12:25
chbae_And I’ll create my final patches for rpi2 and send to mailing list.12:26
CTtpollardchbae_: we have our GDP call today, but I'm guessing the time is too late for you?12:26
chbae_CTtpollard: it’s 2 AM here but I may join.12:27
CTtpollardchbae_: I'd sleep!12:28
chbae_I sent12:41
leon-anavichbae_, I have just launched a local build for rpi2 using your github repo.12:42
leon-anaviwith the master branch of meta-raspberrypi12:43
chbae_leon-anavi: I used jethro branch of meta-raspberrypi.12:43
chbae_leon-anavi: Is it working?12:43
leon-anaviYes, I saw your notes about Jethro.12:43
leon-anaviI decided the use master because there are several new patches (including my patches for raspberry pi sense hat ;) )12:44
chbae_leon-anavi: yes :)12:44
leon-anaviI have rpi3, which btw I still have not turned on but eventually I might give it a try12:44
chbae_leon-anavi: I’ll also try for rpi3 but i don’t have rpi3 now.12:45
leon-anavichbae_, ok. rpi3 machine has been recently added to meta-raspberrypi12:47
chbae_leon-anavi: yes. I see. I have two choices between using master branch and adding machine patch on jethro branch.12:48
leon-anavichbae_, master is pretty similar to Jethro.12:48
leon-anaviI hope the build will be fine using it.12:49
chbae_leon-anavi: ok. cool.12:50
chbae_leon-anavi: Did you run on rpi2?12:54
leon-anavichbae_, I am building GDP for rpi2 right now using your github repo.12:56
leon-anaviBefore that I had booted GDP on rpi2 using Amir's repositories.12:57
chbae_leon-anavi: ok.12:57
pedroalvarezCTtpollard: looking forward to integrate that in baserock :)13:00
radiofree as well13:01
* radiofree wonders how usable etnaviv is13:01
radiofreeso what would that be... nvidia, freescale, rpi and minnowboard all running with mesa?13:02
chbae_CTtpollard: good. I’ll try it later.13:04
chbae_baserock supports rpi2?13:04
pedroalvarezchbae_: I managed to get GDP runninng on rpi2 a year ago, but I never managed finish the work to merge the patches13:05
chbae_pedroalvarez: Ah ok. Now I’ll manage GDP with yocto on rpi2.13:10
pedroalvarezsounds good :)13:10
CTtpollardchbae_: have you ever though about having meta-raspberrypi-gdp as its own 'layer' that could be committed in the raspberrypi branch of genivi-demo-platform?13:12
pedroalvarezCTtpollard: what would that layer include?13:13
CTtpollardpedroalvarez: that specific changes that chbae_ wants to carry, but instead of putting them in a sub dir of meta-genivi-demo13:14
chbae_CTtpollard: yes.13:14
pedroalvarezchbae_: btw, not a year ago, around 5 months ago.. sorry13:14
chbae_pedroalvarez: NP :)13:14
CTtpollardwell, it could be a 'layer' commited to the raspberrypi branch of gdp, or a separate repo which the branch could bring in as a submodule13:17
chbae_CTtpollard: what’s your suggestion?13:19
CTtpollardboth are suggestions, as alternatives to the meta-genivi-demo restructure13:20
*** philrob has joined #automotive13:20
*** chbae_ has quit IRC13:23
CTtpollardnote that doesn't mean I'm against the restructure in general13:24
*** gabrian has joined #automotive13:26
*** chbae_ has joined #automotive13:27
chbae_CTtpollard: ok.13:27
*** gabrian has left #automotive13:27
CTtpollardhaving all commits in a single repo would be easier to maintain though13:34
chbae_CTtpollard: I agree.13:43
CTtpollardi'd try having the meta-raspberrypi-gdp directory directly commited to the raspi branch of gdp then as an alternative13:47
CTtpollardqemu has built fine with the restructure commit13:52
*** chbae_ has quit IRC13:53
leon-anavichbae, you are using weston 1.6 for rpi2, right?13:55
CTtpollardleon-anavi: 1.913:56
CTtpollardin the latest patchset anyway13:57
leon-anaviI noticed PREFERRED_VERSION_weston = "1.6.0"  in
leon-anaviok, so the will the build complete fine if I skip the line for preferred weston version in local.conf?13:59
CTtpollardleon-anavi: it says 1.9 in the link you sent. Poky includes 1.6.0, but we're including 1.9 in meta-genivi-demo14:00
leon-anaviCTtpollard, weird... after refresh of the web page the instructions changed. It seems that a commit has been pushed in the mean time :)14:02
CTtpollardthe 1.9 recipe in meta-genivi-demo has raspi specific flags etc so will need to build that14:02
*** chbae_ has joined #automotive14:21
chbae_leon-anavi: I’m using rasp9-rc1 branch and please see
chbae_CTtpollard: i'd try having the meta-raspberrypi-gdp directory directly commited to the raspi branch of gdp then as an alternative -> I don’t prefer the method.14:27
chbae_leon-anavi: :)14:28
chbae_CTtpollard: I’ll think about it and let’s discuss with reviewers.14:28
CTtpollardchbae_@ sure14:29
*** Tarnyko has joined #automotive14:54
*** Sisco has quit IRC14:55
*** Sisco has joined #automotive14:58
*** jlrmagnus has joined #automotive15:01
*** janderson has joined #automotive15:03
CTtpollardchbae_: when the patches are merged, we will have to get a pipeline set up on the go.genivi server :)15:05
*** jlrmagnus has quit IRC15:10
CTtpollard^ chbae15:10
*** chbae_ has quit IRC15:15
*** mvick has joined #automotive15:16
*** jlrmagnus has joined #automotive15:23
*** AlisonChaiken has quit IRC15:30
*** Sisco has quit IRC15:35
*** Sisco has joined #automotive15:35
*** Sisco has quit IRC15:42
*** Sisco_ has joined #automotive15:44
*** mattbontrager has joined #automotive16:02
*** AlisonChaiken has joined #automotive16:04
*** aeiche has joined #automotive16:28
*** amcgee7 has joined #automotive16:35
leon-anavimy build of GDP for rpi2 using the master branch failed.16:49
leon-anavimaster branch of meta-raspberrypi16:49
leon-anavithere is an issue related to kernel 4.1 and the device tree for rpi316:51
CTtpollardleon-anavi: can you post this on the jira ticket for chbae?16:55
leon-anaviCTtpollard, yes, but let me dig it for a while first16:56
CTtpollardleon-anavi: no worries16:56
*** fredcadete has quit IRC16:56
*** gunnarx has joined #automotive17:01
*** Sisco has joined #automotive17:03
*** Sisco_ has quit IRC17:03
*** waltminer has quit IRC17:05
toscalixchbae: congrats :-)17:06
*** gunnarx has quit IRC17:08
*** jlrmagnus has quit IRC17:09
*** jonathanmaw has quit IRC17:20
*** philrob has quit IRC17:31
*** jlrmagnus has joined #automotive17:35
*** waltminer has joined #automotive17:38
*** ulf` has quit IRC17:43
*** leon-anavi has quit IRC17:44
*** bruce_ has quit IRC17:47
*** toscalix has quit IRC18:06
*** Tarnyko has quit IRC18:07
*** Sisco_ has joined #automotive18:14
*** Sisco has quit IRC18:15
*** Sisco_ has quit IRC18:32
*** Sisco has joined #automotive18:33
*** gmacario has quit IRC18:43
*** Tarnyko has joined #automotive18:51
*** chbae_ has joined #automotive20:00
chbae_CTtpollard: Oops. I slept and didn’t join the meeting. :(20:03
chbae_toscalix: thanks.20:04
chbae_CTtpollard: Could you let me know today’s meeting result about layer restructuring?20:18
chbae_CTtpollard: And let’s talk about how to manage the repo.20:20
*** chbae_ has quit IRC20:32
*** chbae_ has joined #automotive20:38
*** chbae_ has quit IRC20:46
*** mattbontrager has quit IRC20:49
*** mattbontrager has joined #automotive20:52
*** waltminer has quit IRC21:01
*** amcgee7 has quit IRC21:32
*** Sisco has quit IRC21:44
*** Sisco has joined #automotive21:47
*** waltminer has joined #automotive21:52
*** jobol has joined #automotive22:02
jobolwaltminer, hi, Is the access number 324926029?22:03
*** gmacario has joined #automotive22:07
*** Sisco has quit IRC22:11
*** Sisco has joined #automotive22:16
*** Sisco has quit IRC22:22
*** Sisco has joined #automotive22:23
*** Sisco has quit IRC22:43
*** Sisco_ has joined #automotive22:45
*** jobol has quit IRC23:01
*** jlrmagnus has quit IRC23:01
*** jlrmagnus has joined #automotive23:17
*** janderson has quit IRC23:35
*** mvick has quit IRC23:59

Generated by 2.14.0 by Marius Gedminas - find it at!