IRC logs for #baserock for Friday, 2015-03-06

*** radiofree has quit IRC02:36
*** radiofree has joined #baserock02:38
*** zoli__ has joined #baserock06:27
*** zoli___ has joined #baserock06:31
*** zoli__ has quit IRC06:33
*** petefoth has joined #baserock06:40
*** franred has joined #baserock07:39
*** rdale has joined #baserock07:59
*** a1exhughe5 has joined #baserock08:04
*** zoli___ has quit IRC08:04
*** zoli__ has joined #baserock08:07
*** gfinney has joined #baserock08:17
*** CTtpollard has joined #baserock08:19
*** sambishop has joined #baserock08:33
*** mdizzle has joined #baserock08:40
*** bashrc has joined #baserock09:06
*** jonathanmaw has joined #baserock09:21
*** tiagogomes_ has joined #baserock09:28
*** gary_perkins has joined #baserock09:31
bashrcI guess that morph build both builds and installs09:32
Kinnison'morph build' prepares artifacts09:33
Kinnisonfrom the PoV of the actions taken with regards the commands defined in the chunk morphologies, that means the whole configure/build/install cycle09:33
bashrcsuppose I wanted a particular system with particular software added or removed. Is there an equivalent to buildroot make menuconfig?09:36
KinnisonYou get to edit the morphologies09:36
Kinnisonthere are no tools for manipulating them because it's exceedingly hard for computers to edit things in ways humans like09:36
bashrchow would I disable a chunk or stratum?09:37
Kinnisonbaserock systems are not meant to be 100% parameterised things, instead they are collections of software (strata) joined into coherent wholes (systems)09:37
Kinnisonfor a stratum, copy the system definition and in your copy, remove the stratum you no longer want09:37
tiagogomes_how is system-version-manager deploy supposed to be used? How the orig snapshot is transferred to the client os?09:37
Kinnisonfor a particular chunk, you (a) need to be careful regarding build or runtime dependencies and (b) copy the system and the stratum in question and then make your edits in your copies09:37
pedroalvareztiagogomes_: ssh-rsync write extension uses it09:38
pedroalvareztiagogomes_: I don't think that the `deploy` command is useful without it09:38
bashrccould there be a menuconfig, or will selecting software always be down to manual editing?09:39
KinnisonIn a future form of definitions, there may be computer-based selections, but for now, it's editing09:39
tiagogomes_pedroalvarez, that makes fore sense, and it is useful to me that ssh-rsync runs 'deploy' :)09:40
*** edcragg has joined #baserock09:46
* pedroalvarez discovers "cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr" in buildsystem.py09:47
pedroalvarezshouldn't that be $PREFIX?09:48
rdaleno, it is correct09:48
Kinnisonpedroalvarez: It probably should be $PREFIX yes09:48
pedroalvarezeverything else is $PREFIX in that file09:49
pedroalvarezrdale: any luck with `make` in a staging area?09:49
Kinnisonpedroalvarez: I wonder if it's worth fixing that now, or leaving it until build systems are declarative?09:49
pedroalvarezKinnison: that's true09:50
Kinnisonpedroalvarez: I guess if you're in there for any other reason in the meantime, fix it, otherwise leave it?09:50
rdalepedroalvarez: no i haven't done anything since i found out it needed /proc in the chroot yesterday09:50
bashrchere's another general question: is there any reason for baserock not being officially mirrored on Github? You'll get more visibility/discoverability09:50
KinnisonGithub is fundamentally a pain09:51
KinnisonIts model for contributions does not match ours09:51
Kinnisonit's a more centralised VCS than Subversion could ever have hoped to be09:51
Kinnisonand it's exceedingly hard to script it09:51
Kinnison(having tried)09:51
bashrcGithub a a den of proprietaryness, but it has lots of eyeballs. People search for stuff there09:52
KinnisonGithub's single-layer project/repository structure doesn't match what we need09:52
KinnisonIts rules are insufficient to express what we need09:52
KinnisonThe eyeballs would be nice, but IMO not worth the hassle09:52
rdalei can't see any mention of $PREFIX in the default cmake rules in, and there shouldn't be09:52
Kinnisonrdale: why shouldn't there be?09:52
radiofreetiagogomes_: i sent a patch to use deploy for upgrading from rawdisk images09:52
bashrcapart from the technical stuff. I'm thinking of the sociology if you want to grow a live open source project09:52
pedroalvarezradiofree: oh yeah, was it merged?09:53
radiofree(deploy in system-version-manager) i tink you essentially tell it "there's a rootfs in this folder here... upgrade the current system using that"09:53
radiofreepedroalvarez: no, needs some comments adding to it, that i've not go round to yet09:53
Kinnisonbashrc: Personally I'd rather find a way to grow the project without having to rely on github's eyes09:54
Kinnisonbashrc: But I'm sure the ops guys have noted your points and interest :)09:54
rdaleKinnison: because the correct way to set up an install prefix in a cmake project is to use -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=<prefix>09:54
radiofreetiagogomes_: "morph upgrade" with ssh-rsync calls it (system-version-manager deploy...) after rsyncing over the new system to a new subvoulme09:54
Kinnisonrdale: right09:54
*** ssam2 has joined #baserock09:54
*** ChanServ sets mode: +v ssam209:54
Kinnisonrdale: so why can't it be "cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$PREFIX" ?09:54
rdaleah good point09:55
tiagogomes_radiofree, yep, just saw, that, upgrades should work then even on a /boot partition09:55
radiofreetiagogomes_: if you set BOOT_PARITION and ROOT_PARITION, yeah09:55
tiagogomes_without extra fiddling around09:55
tiagogomes_radiofree, I look at the code, and I didn't find a reason to use ROOT_PARTITION09:56
tiagogomes_ROOT_PARTITION seems to be only needed for creating /etc/fstab09:56
radiofreeif you don't set ROOT_PARTITION i believe morph defaults to /dev/sda?09:57
radiofreesorry i always get that wrong10:01
radiofreeBOOT_DEVICE and ROOT_DEVICE10:01
tiagogomes_radiofree, root device is being used for fstab and kernel args on extlinux. The latter doesn't matter, because I didn't get sysboot to work, so the kernel args are going to be read from boot.src10:01
radiofreethe former matters though?10:01
radiofreeactually it probably won't, because the upgrade uses the UUID anyway10:02
radiofreehowever.... i think it's nicer to just put ROOT_DEVICE and BOOT_DEVICE in your cluster so it's obvious these things are different there10:02
tiagogomes_radiofree agreed10:02
pedroalvarezyeah, I tried to fix the fstab issue in this commit:
bashrcis the root of definitions the best place for moonshot? Should it not be in some hardware subdiectory?10:09
KinnisonVery little should be in the root of definitions10:10
Kinnisonwhat file in particular is there?10:10
bashrcthere's a moonshot directory and moonshot-kernel.configure10:10
* Kinnison isn't sure what our rules are about that kind of thing10:11
bashrcmaybe better to have something like hardware/moonshot10:11
KinnisonIf it's there in master then I guess someone liked it enough for now10:11
* SotK doesn't think we have a rule for configure extensions or stuff for install-files yet10:11
KinnisonI believe it's temporary10:11
KinnisonSince I imagine it's only there until the M400's DTB is merged upstream into the kernel10:11
*** wschaller has joined #baserock10:21
*** Krin has joined #baserock10:22
radiofreetiagogomes_: it can't read ** File not found /boot.scr **10:25
radiofreeis that file on / of your boot partition?10:25
radiofreeheh, "Trying scsi 0 /boot.scr.bak..."10:26
radiofreehow sensible of them :)10:26
tiagogomes_ah right, I know what is going on10:26
*** mdizzle has quit IRC10:35
*** wschaller has quit IRC10:38
*** tiagogomes_ has quit IRC10:39
bashrcanother question. When I see "upstream:node" in the nodejs definition, where is that upstream defined?10:43
pedroalvarezupstream: is an alias of "git://TROVE_HOST/delta/"10:45
pedroalvareze.g. git://
pedroalvarez(cgit url)10:46
*** zoli__ has joined #baserock10:52
bashrcsuggestion: change unpetrify-ref to branch-ref11:02
bashrcincidentally, is there anywhere to log issues for baserock? Things tend to get lost on mailing lists11:05
petefothbashrc: StoryBoard is / will be the official bug- and feature-tracker. People are using the instance at!/project/list11:07
* petefoth is reminded to progress some of the tasks he has worked on recently11:09
pedroalvarezright, patches needed for the genivi release sent11:14
*** gfinney has quit IRC11:22
*** gfinney has joined #baserock11:29
*** petefoth has quit IRC11:44
*** petefoth has joined #baserock11:44
*** petefoth_ has joined #baserock11:55
*** petefoth has quit IRC11:56
*** petefoth_ is now known as petefoth11:56
pedroalvarezIf we are releasing today 15.10, I think it should have latest morph:
petefothI want to add a story to StoryBoard realting to the the Import Tool [1]. Do we need a new Project in StoryBoard? Should I use the 'Infrastructure' project? ([1] A short story - adding a link in the README to the guides on the Wiki)12:06
pedroalvarezpetefoth: isn't easier to add the link without creating the story? :p12:07
pedroalvarezpedroalvarez: I think you should create another project for that12:08
straycatpedroalvarez, +112:08
pedroalvarezit doesn't belong to baserock/infrastructure12:08
petefothpedroalvarez: but then we'd have no 'story' and all changes should (IMHO) be trackable to 'stories; I'll do it anyway,  but....12:09
pedroalvarezpetefoth: I agree, let's create a new project for it12:09
petefothand I agree it isn't infrastructure. I think we should have a 'Miscellaneous' project to cover stuff that isn't morph, definitions, infrastructure or wiki12:10
petefothpedroalvarez: ^^ not sure we need a whole project just for the import tool12:11
pedroalvarezI wouldn't mind the creation of one project in storyboard for every project we have in git12:11
pedroalvarezso people interested in the import tool can go to that project and see what needs to be done12:12
CTtpollardthat would be the goal of stroyboard, when gerrit is integrated properly into it12:12
pedroalvarezpetefoth: also, the story you want to create, wouldn't it belong to baserock/wiki?12:12
petefothI think we should get a few more opinions on this before we do tto much.12:12
petefothpedroalvarez: no. The 'wiki' story is 'Have alink in the Import Tool wiki page to the README. Tha story is implemented (though it's not in SB). This stoiry is 'Add links in the Import Tool README'.12:14
pedroalvarezahh! right12:14
petefothI'll make the change without a SB story, but we should agree how to deal with all this fairly soon12:15
petefothI'll track it in my employer's task tracking system thereby satisfying my demand for traceability :)12:17
*** jmalk has left #baserock12:26
* bashrc builds system12:32
*** gary_perkins has quit IRC12:45
*** fay_ has quit IRC12:45
*** edcragg has quit IRC12:45
*** jonathanmaw has quit IRC12:45
*** flatmush has quit IRC12:45
*** a1exhughe5 has quit IRC12:45
*** bashrc has quit IRC12:45
*** sambishop has quit IRC12:45
*** paulw has quit IRC12:45
*** nowster has quit IRC12:45
*** ssam2 has quit IRC12:45
*** CTtpollard has quit IRC12:45
*** mauricemoss_ has quit IRC12:45
*** Krin has quit IRC12:45
*** franred has quit IRC12:45
*** edcragg has joined #baserock12:45
*** jonathanmaw has joined #baserock12:45
*** nowster has joined #baserock12:45
*** ssam2 has joined #baserock12:45
*** ChanServ sets mode: +v ssam212:45
*** franred has joined #baserock12:45
*** Krin has joined #baserock12:45
*** sambishop has joined #baserock12:45
*** mauricemoss_ has joined #baserock12:45
*** paulw has joined #baserock12:45
*** a1exhughe5 has joined #baserock12:45
*** fay_ has joined #baserock12:45
*** bashrc has joined #baserock12:45
*** CTtpollard has joined #baserock12:45
*** flatmush has joined #baserock12:45
*** gary_perkins has joined #baserock12:46
*** edcragg has quit IRC12:49
*** edcragg has joined #baserock12:51
pedroalvarez<pedroalvarez> If we are releasing today 15.10, I think it should have latest morph:
straycat12:08  straycat$ pedroalvarez, +113:12
pedroalvarezI have the ability to miss things on IRC :/13:12
pedroalvarezstraycat: feeling confident to give it a +2?13:13
SotKpedroalvarez: +1 from me too13:13
pedroalvarezthe release begins!13:13
CTtpollardare baserock planing to keep upto date with storyboard upstream?13:16
CTtpollardor with storyboard.baserock to be left as is?13:17
pedroalvarezCTtpollard: storyboard.b.o is running in fedora for now. If we ever have it running in baserock then I guess we can stay as close to upstream as possible13:21
CTtpollardcool, it's just so I can structure my response to petefoth's email to baserock-dev better13:38
*** locallycompact has joined #baserock13:54
locallycompactHello, is there any chance to have qt5-devel things on
*** tiagogomes_ has joined #baserock13:59
bashrclooks like gnuplot isn't on baserock yet14:01
pedroalvarezlocallycompact: do you mean to include a qt system in the ci? or just build a qt system once to populate
locallycompactpedroalvarez: The ci I imagine, I like to keep up with upstream definitions which means qt5 wants rebuilds often.14:02
locallycompactand I don't have the power to do it before the next change to devel generally :P14:03
pedroalvarezlocallycompact: right, in that case it depends on how long takes the system to build14:03
locallycompactway long14:04
locallycompactbut I don't know how long on a capable ci server14:04
pedroalvarezor ci server is not that fast really, is a distbuild of a single node14:04
pedroalvarezIf you have the resources, you can try to deploy a mason instance to build qt, to populate your artifact-cache-server14:06
locallycompactThat sounds like fun14:07
pedroalvarezheh :)14:09
pedroalvarezI have one currently building from a development branch, and it makes things easier for the whole team that is working in the same project14:10
kejiahuwhat's the mechanism does the morph distbuild use to connect to build controller? I got an error on fail to connect to controller, but I can ssh into the controller at same time.
pedroalvarezkejiahu: take a look at the services running in
pedroalvarezmorph-controller and morph-controller-helper should be running14:14
pedroalvarezinstead of ssh, you should use `telnet 7878` to see if something is listening in that port14:14
kejiahupedroalvarez, thanks14:16
* SotK notices the distbuild test in morph's ./check passing even though the distbuild failed14:21
*** mdizzle has joined #baserock14:24
*** a1exhughe5 has quit IRC14:29
*** CTtpollard has quit IRC14:30
tiagogomes_radiofree, booting from m.2 with new boot layout14:39
tiagogomes_I'll test an upgrade14:40
*** a1exhughe5 has joined #baserock14:43
*** CTtpollard has joined #baserock14:44
*** zoli__ has quit IRC14:44
radiofreetiagogomes_: quick checklist (/boot is / of your boot partition) 1) you have /boot/extlinux.conf 2) you have /boot/systems/factory 3) /boot/systems/default is a symlink to /boot/systems/factory14:44
*** zoli__ has joined #baserock14:45
*** wschaller has joined #baserock14:45
tiagogomes_I should have all of those14:45
radiofree4) your upgrade cluster contains BOOT_DEVICE: "/dev/sda1" and ROOT_DEVICE: "/dev/sda2"14:45
radiofreeif that's the layout14:45
tiagogomes_it is14:45
tiagogomes_mmm, what I don't have is network connectivity in the node14:46
radiofreethere was some discussion here about that the other day?14:51
radiofreeKinnison: richard_maw?14:51
radiofreesomething systemd related14:51
richard_mawhm what?14:53
* richard_maw has no context14:53
radiofree[14:46:45] <tiagogomes_> mmm, what I don't have is network connectivity in the node14:54
richard_mawthere was some stuff which was networkd not handling ipv6 not being enabled in the kernel14:55
richard_mawwhich resulted in chewing CPU if DHCP=yes was set, and not being able to bring links up, because it couldn't initialise ipv6 on it14:56
tiagogomes_DHCP=v4 is not working for me either14:57
kejiahutiagogomes_: add 'scripts/config -e IPV6' in bsp kernel works on at least distbuild nodes14:57
richard_mawtiagogomes_: that's because systemd doesn't know how to bring the link up properly when ipv6 is not enabled14:58
kejiahutiagogomes_: I didn't test on other system build, but I think they should work the same way14:58
*** persia_ has quit IRC15:01
*** persia has quit IRC15:01
*** jonathanmaw has quit IRC15:06
*** jonathanmaw has joined #baserock15:09
*** a1exhughe5 has quit IRC15:09
*** a1exhughe5 has joined #baserock15:13
*** persia has joined #baserock15:13
*** persia_ has joined #baserock15:13
*** persia_ has joined #baserock15:13
pedroalvarezStatus report of the Baserock 15.10 release: Everything is going smooth, the systems are being deployed right now in our cloud infrastructure.15:16
paulsherwoodpedroalvarez: cool! :)15:17
jjardonpaulsherwood:  When you said Baserock 15.10 release, you mean baserock project is releasing a specific version of the reference systems or what exactly?15:27
pedroalvarezjjardon: was that addressed to me?15:28
paulsherwoodi think it's a release to coincide with genivi, which has an approximately 6-weekly cycle15:29
jjardonpedroalvarez: yep, sorry15:29
pedroalvarezA baserock release means publishin the reference systems defined in clusters/release.morph at the moment the release is being done15:30
pedroalvarezThis specific release is being done because a) Morph has new dependencies (pylru) and it would be nice to have it in the latest released system b) I have to do a genivi release and releasing everyhing vs only genivi is just a matter of wrinting some nice release notes15:32
pedroalvarezc) there is probably more reasons :)15:33
jjardonpedroalvarez: rigth, thanks for the explanation. Maybe it would be better to call it Baserock Reference Systems 15.10 ?15:50
perrylwhen running check in morph, i'm getting an error that there is no pylru module. whereabouts does check look for this so i know where to put it?15:51
richard_maweither in your PYTHONPATH, or /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages15:52
* richard_maw just installed it on top with `pip install pylru`15:52
jjardonperryl: this is how I run it in my baserock system: TMPDIR=/src/tmp PYTHONPATH="/src/morph:/src/pylru" ./check15:52
richard_mawas I wasn't in a position to update my system at that point15:52
pedroalvarezwhen i hit that issue I decided to install pylru as well15:52
perryljjardon: that works for me, ta!15:53
perrylrichard_maw: i see to recall i had an issue with pip install pylru not finding the package, though i'll try again so i'm not having to constantly set the path via cmdline15:54
CTtpollardthat's odd perryl15:55
* richard_maw maintains a .bashrc in his VM for that kind of thing15:55
perrylCTtpollard: it's probably me doing something wrong when trying, wouldn't be the first time :)15:55
pedroalvarezpython install worked for me :)15:56
tiagogomes_radiofree, for the jetson's, boot device and root device are 2 partitions on the same disk?16:01
*** franred has quit IRC16:03
radiofreetiagogomes_: yes, i use BOOT_DEVICE: "/dev/mmcblk0p1" ROOT_DEVICE: "/dev/mmcblk0p2"16:04
ssam2Draft 15.10 release notes! Please review:
ssam2lots of stuff changed, everyone has been working hard16:14
ssam2calling it 'Baserock reference systems 15.10' might indeed be better, although it's a bit of a mouthful16:15
CTtpollardstoked that Apache is included16:16
tiagogomes_It may be worth to say something about the improved build speeds16:16
ssam2are they improved? build graph calculation is faster, but stuff will build at the same speed as ever I think16:17
tiagogomes_ssam2 gcc usually took 1h to build and now builds in 10m, is that right pedroalvarez16:18
pedroalvarezmaybe it wasn't that slow, but yeah, I've noticed some build speed improvements16:19
straycatpretty cool release16:21
straycati'm really enjoying the --local-changes=ignore option16:22
straycatthough it's forced me to rearrange my workspaces so that they correspond to the refs i'm working on which makes for a very long path, so my ps1 is now just '% '16:23
straycatforce isn't the right word16:23
pedroalvarezssam2:  s/QtCreater/QtCreator/16:23
pedroalvarezssam2: also, the "how do I get in contact?" section looks over indented16:24
straycatshould we add virtualenv to the list of added components or does no one care about that? :)16:25
CTtpollardI'd say venv is a pretty big deal16:26
tiagogomes_ssam2, the change that build-depends is not no longer necessary isn't on this release?16:26
jjardonVery nice release, congrats everyone!16:26
pedroalvarezindeed! well done everyone :)16:27
richard_mawdo we need to bump the definitions format version for removing build-depends?16:27
jjardonssam2: I would split the changes in sections "Reference systems:", "Morph:" ... but we can do it for the next one16:27
pedroalvarezrichard_maw: IIRC that change was included in the patch16:28
richard_mawpedroalvarez: cool16:28
pedroalvarezbut it hasn't been merged yet16:30
jjardonreviewers welcomed! ;)16:31
ssam2I don't want to add something about reduced GCC build time without knowing why it happened ...16:32
ssam2maybe it was richard_maw's recent branch ?16:32
ssam2no, that just touched split rules..16:32
ssam2I've made the following changes so far, thanks for all the comments:;a=blobdiff;f=releases/baserock-15.10.mdwn;h=97b7865696cef17050b8f0a7ecc7f2be7037986e;hp=07209b413cdb9a5f0097e1f603f70f165a122a3a;hb=20d6be383d33e7f50d8d35898e700e7b3355f073;hpb=bebdfa5580eb52cc7f393aa49f4bb6a78145864116:33
radiofreei don't think anything in morph would have caused the build time improvements16:35
radiofreemaybe gcc 4.9 is just quicker to build? tiagogomes_ enabled some optimisations in stage1/2 (i believe) which could also help things16:35
pedroalvareztiago said that it was because he enabled some optimization flags in stage2-gcc16:35
jjardonssam2: maybe is a good oportunity to announce the storyboard instance? or its still in "testing"?16:39
tiagogomes_pedroalvarez heh, I said it could be16:41
radiofreemaybe gcc 4.9 is faster at building gcc 4.9...16:42
radiofreecould be quite a few things really16:42
ssam2jjardon: not yet, I think16:42
*** CTtpollard has quit IRC16:53
*** zoli__ has quit IRC17:06
*** zoli__ has joined #baserock17:06
*** edcragg has quit IRC17:09
*** edcragg has joined #baserock17:11
radiofreetiagogomes_: i think i know why your u-boot doesn't sysboot17:14
radiofreethere's no "do_ext2load", only "do_ext4load", however cmd_pxe doesn't know that....17:16
radiofreelooks like /boot would have to be a fat partition for it to sysboot17:16
pedroalvarezGenivi release notes draft:
paulsherwoodpedroalvarez: just checking, in the release are we at version 0, or 1?17:19
paulsherwoodpedroalvarez: could include a link there to the relevant meetup notes on17:20
tiagogomes_radiofree fat? you mean FAT?17:20
radiofreetiagogomes_: yep17:20
radiofreetiagogomes_: for your board CONFIG_MMC is the one that sets CONFIG_CMD_EXT217:20
radiofreehowever it also does #undef CONFIG_MMC....17:20
radiofreeand only enables SATA, which only enables CONFIG_CMD_EXT417:21
paulsherwoodpedroalvarez: otherwise all looks good to me +117:21
paulsherwoodpedroalvarez: shall i do the spreadsheet thing again?17:21
pedroalvarezpaulsherwood: actually, the release has been done from VERSION 0 but maybe morph can understand VERSION 1 if that patch was merged17:21
radiofreeit would be a simple fix if you put your own version of u-boot on there, but you can't :(17:21
tiagogomes_there's a firmware upgrade coming17:22
radiofreecan you contact your vendor and ask them to enable CONFIG_CMD_EXT2 as well as CONFIG_CMD_EXT4?17:22
pedroalvarezpaulsherwood: I probably should do it and stop bothering you with it17:22
radiofreetiagogomes_: sadly even upstream u-boot makes the check for CONFIG_CMD_EXT2, so if it's disabled in the config for your board in the same way it's never going to work17:23
paulsherwoodpedroalvarez: i'm happy to do it. i just frab ybd and run it on definitions17:23
paulsherwoodi should send a patch to morph to make it output better upstream version info in its log17:23
radiofreetiagogomes_: however I believe it would work if it was a FAT32 partition... but you can't do symlinks on that (right?)17:23
radiofreeso.. not an option17:23
straycatyou can't do symlinks on fat32?17:24
radiofreei don't know?17:24
straycati can imagine that maybe you can't do hard links17:24
pedroalvarezpaulsherwood: just wondering, were you suggesting adding a link to the relevant meetup notes in the genivi release notes or in the main release notes?17:25
*** a1exhughe5 has quit IRC17:25
radiofreetiagogomes_: you might be lucky enough to get a more modern version in the firmware update, in which case "sysboot scsi 0 any ...."17:26
radiofreeif you have a good relationship with vendor you might be able to get to enable CONFIG_CMD_EXT2 for the board17:27
straycatradiofree, looks like you can't, i didn't know that17:27
radiofreestraycat: i think you can on ntfs17:27
straycatsymlinks are basically just a file with a path in them, so i'm a bit surprised17:28
SotKradiofree: I'm pretty sure that is the case17:28
radiofreetiagogomes_: if you're feeling particularly adventurous you could try building your own u-boot and chain-loading it.... but you'd probably want to have physical access to the machine in question if you did that17:29
tiagogomes_radiofree not in a friday17:30
*** mdizzle has quit IRC17:30
radiofreetiagogomes_: :)17:30
radiofreemaybe something like
tiagogomes_system-version-manger worked fine with a /boot partition, so I'm good17:31
paulsherwoodpedroalvarez: main release notes (the versioning bit)17:31
jjardonpedroalvarez: is running latest morph? If not it will break17:31
tiagogomes_radiofree, what's u-boot.bin?17:31
paulsherwoodjjardon: what will break it?17:31
radiofreetiagogomes_: the version of u-boot you build from source17:31
paulsherwoodoh, the build-depends :)17:31
tiagogomes_ah, you load u-boot with u-boot? nasty17:32
ssam2pedroalvarez: ah, we need to update the masons before we merge the definitions patch to remove build-depends: []... good point17:33
ssam2jjardon: maybe best to revert for now, i don't think any of us are going to want to spend friday night upgrading masons17:34
jjardonssam2: sure, will do17:36
ssam2thanks :)17:36
ssam2what we need is masons that upgrade to master after every build, but that's a bit of a way off17:36
jjardonssam2: is that on storboard? If not I will add an entry17:37
ssam2please do17:37
pedroalvarezthe upgrade of mason should be easy, I can take care of it if we don't want to revert the patch17:38
jjardonpedroalvarez: I let you decide if revert or upgrade mason then17:39
*** jonathanmaw has quit IRC17:58
*** ssam2 has quit IRC17:59
pedroalvarezDone! Baserock 15.10 is released!17:59
*** bashrc has quit IRC18:00
pedroalvarezjjardon: has it been merged then?18:00
pedroalvarezI don't see mason complaining18:00
jjardonpedroalvarez: because I think its in the middle of a masive build18:01
pedroalvarezjjardon: why massive?18:01
jjardon(busybox has been upgrade)18:01
jjardonpedroalvarez: so I guess you have plenty of time to upgrade mason if you want to follow that route ;)18:02
pedroalvarezupgrade mason == 10 minutes(ish)18:02
pedroalvarezI'll do that over the weekend, now they are busy building stuff18:04
*** nowster has quit IRC18:05
tiagogomes_2015-03-06 18:07:08 Starting build 278d07d9cd1c403db509065d6dcd8b5818:07
tiagogomes_2015-03-06 18:07:08 Collecting morphologies involved in building systems/devel-system-armv8l64.morph from baserock/tiago-ed/m2-moonshot-deployment18:07
tiagogomes_ERROR: Stratum NetworkManager-common has no build dependencies for chunk libndp in strata/NetworkManager-common.morph18:07
pedroalvareztiagogomes_: use latest morph18:07
pedroalvarezjjardon: you havent upgraded morph sha1 when merging the patch for morph :/18:07
pedroalvarezso current definitions can't build themselves18:08
pedroalvarezNow I think that reverting the patch is the best option18:09
pedroalvarezthen upgrade morph sha1 in definitions.git18:10
pedroalvarezand then merge the patch again18:10
*** gary_perkins has quit IRC18:13
pedroalvarezsha256 checksums updated, I think I'm done now18:13
jjardonpedroalvarez: sorry, didnt realize about that and nobody pointed out that in the review18:14
pedroalvarezno worries. People normally upgrade the sha1 in definitions when doing big changes in morph.git18:15
jjardonpedroalvarez: Do you want me to revert or are you going to do it? Wouldnt be better to upgrade the sha for morph and we are done?18:16
*** edcragg has quit IRC18:17
pedroalvarezjjardon: then.. how can I build a system that can build version 1?18:18
jjardonpedroalvarez: you can manually upgrade morph in that system? Maybe not ideal though.18:24
jjardonpedroalvarez: but yeah, I can revert and reapply the patches now if you think is better18:25
*** tiagogomes_ has quit IRC18:26
*** rdale has quit IRC18:31
pedroalvarezyeah, I know is possible, but is not nice though18:32
pedroalvareznot to many of us around to make a decission18:32
pedroalvarezI'd say revert definitions.git patch and then upgrade morph sha118:33
pedroalvarezwhoever upgrades the sha1 has my +218:33
*** zoli__ has quit IRC18:33
jjardonpedroalvarez: will do it before going to the pub ;)18:36
straycatnot sure it's worth reverting, we've already got a point in history where definitions won't be buildable, reverting won't fix that?18:39
* straycat needs to go to the vet18:39
*** wschaller has quit IRC18:41
jjardonI think its still worth reverting to remember to someone thats looking the git history how the thinks should be done properly18:47
jjardonFix pushed18:48
straycathaha, we're getting steam in baserock?19:53
*** radiofree has quit IRC20:00
*** gfinney has quit IRC20:04
* SotK looks forward to it20:09
straycatSotK, are you still around?20:58
*** persia is now known as persia__21:32
*** persia_ is now known as persia21:32
*** persia__ is now known as persia_21:32

Generated by 2.15.3 by Marius Gedminas - find it at!